Vale Peter Brock

Moderator: Officers

Miruwin

Vale Peter Brock

Post by Miruwin »

Just heard a radio announcement. Peter Brock died in a racing accident in Western Australia a few minutes ago.
Miruwin

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Gimobuk

Post by Gimobuk »

Yah, heard that about 30 mins ago too.

Wonder what you Aussies have done to deserve this? 2 icons within a week.

Gim and co..
Micahle

Post by Micahle »

Holy fuck. Guess someone won't be having lunch with him then (saw a comp the other day on TV where u could win lunch with him..).. What a shame.
Mazia

Post by Mazia »

Man wtf is happening so many of australian sons dropping dead :/
Vexo

Post by Vexo »

Not just Aussies... had a regular shower of celeb deaths in Denmark as well. Started with Steve Irwin though.
Turook

Post by Turook »

Well it happens in 3's.
And poor Peter makes it number 3.
Steve, Colin and now Peter.

It's a sad week for Australia and their families :(
Giustin

What really happened

Post by Giustin »

One of the car club guys was racing in TargaWest. This is his feedback.
As some of you know **** recently completed in the TargaWest Tarmac Rally that sadly took Brocky from us.

A very somber mood still hung around all competitors as they departed the event on Monday morning.

When I left Rally HQ the Police investigation of the crash site commenced. Mick Hone is OK and was at Sunday nights Targa Gala dinner, but sporting crutches. I gave him my best wishes at breakfast the next day, and he was due to be interviewed by the Police a little later. All will be revealed following the Police and CAMS investigation, but Mick indicated to us that they were too hot going into the corner previously. A witness said the car did a 360 and then careered along to the next bend when it slammed into a tree on an off camber L4> three quarters of the way into leg 2 (13 + KMS). Please don’t quote any of this as it may prejudice the family and the investigation. The road was wet and Brocky started about 10 cars behind us.
A very sad day for all conected with motorsport. Brockie was the best touring car driver this country ever produced ... and one of the best racing drivers of all time. I suppose now he will get to hang out with Fangio, Jim Clark and Ayrton Senna ... what a race that will be