Veteran player rewards / AA

Moderator: Officers

Kofn
Site Admin

Veteran player rewards / AA

Post by Kofn »

Original post at http://eqlive.station.sony.com/news_sec ... tory=50003 seems gone.

Discussion thread at http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/boa ... redir=true

Good News for Veteran EQ players!

As part of EverQuest's 6th Anniversary celebration, the game team is giving current EQ players (based on your total subscription length) one special Veteran Reward for every year that you've been an active EverQuest subscriber! This is very good news for six year vets! It means that you'll be getting six Veteran Rewards!

Note: you'll find the Veteran Rewards tab in the game's AA user interface.

Even better news: From April 11th to May 11th, any current EQ player can purchase a one-year EQ subscription for a special price ($99.99) and get next year’s Veteran Reward (based upon total subscription time) at no additional cost! And, for you six year veteran EQ players, this is a chance to get an exclusive 7th year Veteran Reward at no additional cost.

A special note: Veteran Rewards remain with each character for as long as that character exists. For every year that a player has been subscribed, they will be able to claim the Rewards on one character.

Veteran Rewards are as follows:

Year 1

Lesson of the Devoted: A character will gain double-XP for 30-minutes every 24 hours. When this reward is in effect, the character will be surrounded by a special blue-white glow.

Year 2

Infusion of the Faithful: This reward grants increased run speed for 15 minutes once every 24 hours.

Year 3

Chaotic Jester: Once every 24 hours, a character can summon a Bristlebane puppet for 15 minutes. During that time, the puppet randomly casts various spells that provide benefits or minor penalties.
Year 4

Expedient Recovery: Once a week, this "Back to New" reward summons all of a player's corpses back to him, and gives back all XP that was on the corpses.

Year 5

Steadfast Servant: Once every 24 hours, a creature is summoned that stays in the area for a half hour, buffing and healing player characters nearby.

Year 6

Staunch Recovery: Once every three days, a character is healed back to full health, mana, and endurance.

Year 7

Intensity of the Resolute: Once every 24 hours, a character's melee attacks, damage spells and heals are increased for five minutes. When this reward is in effect, the character will be surrounded by a glow of energy
Mazia

Post by Mazia »

will be interesting - hrrrm think I only have like 4 years or something
TadeshaN

Post by TadeshaN »

So they just go on the year yer subscription started then?? If that is the case I am a 6 year Vetern and get me some nice rewards!
varutia

Post by varutia »

Feels a little fake, maybe April 1st fool business.
Sianni

Post by Sianni »

It's no longer on the EQNews site, but a Community person posted that it was going in on 11th May in the Veteran forum.
Kofn
Site Admin

Post by Kofn »

It was confirmed in the discussion thread by an SOE rep, so pretty sure it's not April fools thing.

It is based on how long you were actively subscribed, not your start date.
Ephyr

Post by Ephyr »

Its a shame that the year 2 and year 3 rewards are basically crap....

year 1 is nice, and year 4 and on would be nice....but as long as you have been subcribed for a year (or sign up for a year) you get the first reward...

I guess you TRUE old timers will be happy though....enjoy...hmmm i wonder what the start dates are for half my toons? no idea really...

-Ephyr and bots
corlag

Post by corlag »

weeeee :lol: year one is nice for everyone. little bit of happiness every exp group you DO get lol.
Izikithin
[77] Beast Lord
Melodionxxx

Post by Melodionxxx »

I dunno, this feels wrong. They givin us bribes? Seems like somethin for nothing, and that gets me all suspicious.

Trying to keep folks from leaving? Trying to keep the old guard?

I dont see the need for this or the balance. So old toons with lvl 70 and 100's of AA will find exp even easier?

Somethin wrong
Sianni

Post by Sianni »

Sianni was 2 years old in march. she's level 70 and has just over 150 aa. Just cause they're getting year 1 thing doesn't mean they're already "uber"
zappity

Post by zappity »

hmm cool, both mel and probably zap accounts date back to pre kunark. be interesting if this istnt just april fools shiz
Mazia

Post by Mazia »

Its an interesting enough Idea. Some of the effects are a little over powered but they dont suck and it wouldnt be too unbalancing.

Hrrrm I think I got a trak thingy from the last year award so should be a bundle of them comming to me.

Some of them sound a little cooky but some are nice.
Angelsheart

Post by Angelsheart »

i rather prefer that they have in FFXI and EQ2, which is combos. It gets all the melee's involved, rather than endless clicking on a key and /afk watching tele while this happens.
Ephyr

Post by Ephyr »

Don't know if anyone esle noticed this today....but when i logged in this am...had a small download...and an offer popped up while logging in....full year extension for cheap price....with some details on the new veteran's awards...

here's the bit i found interesting...

the language of the year two reward appears different from what was previously posted....

new language say somelink like "maximum stats and resists AND increased run speed for 15min" not just increased run speed...

if correct this would be very useful for certain raid mobs ( would have been great to have for fabled talendor ....i.e. max resists even if bard is feared and not playing bard song...)

anywho...seems to make the year 1 and year 2 rewards both quite good value from my perspective....

-Ephyr and bots
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

Hmm i started playing about november 2000 on throlil. but thoraf's account is considerably later. (I transferred thoraf off throlil's account late, though the character was made jan 01 2001.

Hmm wonder what I'll end up with.
Ephyr

Post by Ephyr »

Thoraf wrote:Hmm i started playing about november 2000 on throlil. but thoraf's account is considerably later. (I transferred thoraf off throlil's account late, though the character was made jan 01 2001.

Hmm wonder what I'll end up with.
a short dorf....

-Ephyr and bots
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

Fool. I'm not a short dwarf. I'm a normal size for a dwarf !!
Ephyr

Post by Ephyr »

Thoraf wrote:Fool. I'm not a short dwarf. I'm a normal size for a dwarf !!
exactly my point....

-Ephyr and bots
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

*wobbles his head in confusion*
Micahle

Post by Micahle »

I can just pick a fat little dorf with his head wobbling around hehehe
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

hehe fugg off drood :oops:
Mazia

Post by Mazia »

omg thoraf can blush - or he just chose the wrong emote :twisted:
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

Shut up Maz. just tryingt o make it look like I give a shit and you're fucking up a perfectly good lie !!

:twisted:
Micahle

Post by Micahle »

Dorfs don't have feelings .. duh..
Mazia

Post by Mazia »

/snickers at Thoraf