Hiya

Moderator: Officers

kileman

Hiya

Post by kileman »

Hiya all,

I am glad to have found an Aussie guild! (even thou I am a kiwi! :twisted: ) one of the reasons I left was that I could not find to many people in my own time zone to hunt with. Now I live in Sydney I am hopping that will change?!?!?!?

Anyway just wanted to say hiya! and let myself be known
varutia

Post by varutia »

Hiya, good to hear from another Sydney sider and looking forward to see you in the game.
Aamasie

Post by Aamasie »

Hiya Kileman,

You on Tholuxe? Be nice to see you around Norrath.
Ephyr

Post by Ephyr »

Hiya mate...

I'm in sydney also...live down in Loftus in the sutherland shire....

main in game is ephyr...hope to see you around...

"/join wreckers" to join us to chat....

take care

-Ephyr and bots
Micahle

Post by Micahle »

/wavez
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

Heya bud, nice to hear from you.

You on Tholuxe? I would have thoguht most on the server would know of us by now (stealing ragefires was a high profile for our FFA style :)
kileman

Post by kileman »

Hey guys!

To answer you question Aamasie/Thoraf I have not played on Tholuxe before. I will be starting anew. I had a 62 monk and 52 cleric on Firiona Vie.

Ephyr.. ! I am new to Sydney so I have no clue where loftus is lol I am in Crows Nest, the only place I know for sure is the local pub :roll:

Anyway I will be make a toon tonight .. maybe a BST I am not sure. I will hopefully talk to you guys in game.
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

Hmm unfortunately for you (as you can see by our roster) we're dominated by high level toons mostly 66-70. So I'm not sure how much groupage you would get from us, and any guildies you do get would be those on alts. Still if you are driven and committed you can level up. It's a long road, not many people make it.. That said a few others have thought about it.. perhaps you could organise a regular group and progress together. *shrugs*

So in the short term not sure how much groupage you'd get from guildies, but at least there'd be conversation :)

Anyhow.. jump in /wreckers, at the very least there's people to talk to who know shit about EQ and will give you something to do for a few hours. hehe
kileman

Post by kileman »

haha yeah figured I would be going it alone for a wee while lol. if_only I could transfer my toons!

levelling by myself I can handle, having no one to bug....er talk to is another thing! :p
Ephyr

Post by Ephyr »

speaking for myself....although im sure a few would share my sentiments....

if you make the commitment to a new toon...and work hard to level it....a number of us will go out of our way to help you with exp and twinkage loots...(look me up sometime...ive pled a couple of toons to 60+)

thoraf...any type of character the guild could use more of atm?

-Ephyr and bots
Mynxi

Post by Mynxi »

/wave kileman

Glubbish recently started EQ on a new character. He has worked hard leveling up and has been raiding with us. You might want to ask him for advice.

Some people play alts sometimes. I have spotted a group of 30-40ish Wrecker alt chars in DL, last week I think it was.

Have fun. :)
Mynxi
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

It always depends on the player of course. any toon that a person will stick to and play is the most important toon to have. After that the standard list applies. Clerics, bards, chanters, rogues, warriors, etc etc :)

As for PLing/twinking. Yeah I'm all for a bit of helping, but your condition of "if you make the commitment to a new toon, and work hard to level it" is very true in my case.

I'm not interested in people who want a free ride. Who will only XP in a PL group and won't take average gear because they want to be twinked with GOOD gear. Who won't get their own gear even to fill poor slots.

I'm sure kileman isn't of this ilk, but it does good to get it out in the open.

In the applications forum there is a lowbie recruitment policy. it's kinda old but it still applies. It also applies to someone starting a new toon.

Taking ownership of your toon for it's development but through XPing and gear is the players responsibility. No-one elses.
kileman

Post by kileman »

Well since it is all out in the open I can confirm that I am not of that "Ilk" :D

I have never asked to be Pl'd, twinked or put any other demands on other players and I have no reason to start now.

Time well be my best judge.

As for class I am happy to play any.
Aamasie

Post by Aamasie »

Play the class you enjoy, it will make you the happiest and most able to make the run to 70. :)

See you in Norrath soon. If you ever have a question, give me a tell anytime.
varutia

Post by varutia »

I had a go at a lot of classes when I was bored about a year ago, suprise suprise, I always go back to the paladin at end. As what above said play a class you like, I tried bard a long time ago, it sure the hell taught me to respect bards a lot more and understood why there are so few of them around.
Ephyr

Post by Ephyr »

Kileman....yeah you did not ask ...i offered to help....

thoraf was just providing some hard learned perspective from running the guild and seeing alot of folks look to level up and join us...

play what you will enjoy...and hope to see you online...

-Ephyr
Mazia

Post by Mazia »

Dont happen to like Bards or anything do you?.....
kileman

Post by kileman »

Ephyr -It is all kewl! I understand where Thoraf is coming from. I have seen that side of the game before.

Mazia - Bards were one of the classes that I am looking at. I think a class that has some solo ability will do some good for times when I cant get a group.

So far I am looking at Bst,Necro and Bard.
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

Nah I'm just an evil-minded sour pratt ;)

*grumbles into his beard*
Ephyr

Post by Ephyr »

pfftt we love you anyways thoraf...you old grump...

all the bards i talk to love the new auto-twist functionality....supposed to make it much easier to play....but ive got 4 toons already...so have not really looked into it...

-Ephyr and bots
kileman

Post by kileman »

does the Autotwist come with oow? I dont have that expansion yet!
Ephyr

Post by Ephyr »

I thought the autotwist was just a patch to functionality not tied to the expansion....but i could be wrong....

-Ephyr and bots
Mynxi

Post by Mynxi »

I think melody was with a patch. Tested it a bit with my level 40 bard. Seems good. But I didnt try mezing / charming. ;)

From a post on EQDiva:
Yes its an auto twist. You type /melody 1 2 3 4 (or whatever) and it will do those gems in sequence and start over when it reaches the end. However, the melody breaks if there is a missed note so you have to start it over again if that happens.
Mynxi
kileman

Post by kileman »

haha what kewl toy! it would turn the tables for the bard! lol
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

You tend to fail a lot.. not sure if there's increased chance of failing.. wouldn't put it past them though.

EQdiva would be the place to find out I imagine.