You broke my acct :(

Moderator: Officers

You broke my acct :(

Post by Guest »

Seeing as the appropriate spot for this (the Migration forum) is locked to non-members, I guess I have to post here.

Following your directions made my board account inactive :p

someone with admin access wanna reset it, make sure the email address is delwyn@mindless.com and then email the passwd to that same address?

kk thx

then you can delete this post (and you might want to remove the restriction on the Migration forum too ;))

Boppin
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

Interesting.. as part of the migration instructions you were supposed to rename your account to the first name of your character and fix up your email address. Well you fixed up the email address, and as part of changing your profile your account will have been deactivated and an email sent to you that you must use the link within to re-activate your account.

Did you not get the email?

Basically anyone who creates an account can post in the migration thread, but guests cannot. This is because you are supposed to have an account, which is as easy as registering and then activating an account (both user functions, not requiring admin to do anything)

I'll reset the password to welcome and re-activate your account. This should give you the chance to check your email address, rename your account to Boppin, change your password etc. Then an email will be sent to you (it tells you when it does this, after you update your profile) and you can reactivate your account, then post for access in migration.

We can then create a guild account for you.

If you find any problems in the instructions, let us know. They have been tested a few times though, and half the guild got them to work. :)
Boppin

Post by Boppin »

well no email with a reactivation link arrived - maybe there's a spam-blocking issue between cyberemail and mindless /shrug

as for the instructions, I read enough to get the default pw ;) phpBB is common enough that i was satisfied just to login :D
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

We have had a few spam/mail block/whatever issues.

Good to see you have access into your account now though.