Glad to see you're all still Wrecking...

Moderator: Officers

Defila

Glad to see you're all still Wrecking...

Post by Defila »

Hi all,

Defila the on-again, off-again SK checking in here. I just revisited the Wreckers site for the first time in a couple years. Since you're killing shit that I've never heard of (or I've only read about on Evilgamer.net), I'm guessing everyone's having fun and progressing along nicely.

So as to not derail Sset's awesome screenshot thread (keep 'em coming, Lizard), I thought I'd answer the following:
sazxus wrote:Holly shit sup Defila!

Hows ya been?
I've been good. Work kicks my ass a bunch these days, but it's managable.

I actually started gaming again last year, playing Everquest on Al`Kabor, the Macintosh EQ server. It's frozen in time at the Planes of Power expansion, way underpopulated (as in ~200 players server-wide on some nights), and a shitload of fun. Definitely scratches my itch for old-school content. I'm playing an SK... again.

Some people in my current guild started keying for VP for laughs recently, and I'm the go-to for WTF to do, shaking my fist at them and saying "when <Wreckers> did this back in 2002..."

I miss you guys a bunch, and am so glad to see the server move to Bert and all the progression has only left you stronger.

-Def
Miruwin

Post by Miruwin »

Hiya Defila

Nice to hear you are doing fine and enjoying EQ still. Can't count the number of times you helped me out with a quiet suggestion at the right time. Now, if I could only get my dear old Mac working again..... (its decided to have issues with the system) Its a Power Mac 5500/225 and running on OS 9.8 and don't think it can be upgraded to OSX which I think is what EQ for Mac needs.
Miruwin

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Aamasie

Post by Aamasie »

I miss you too bunches Def /hugs

There was many a day when it was just you and me online during the US times. It's wonderful to hear you are still having fun. I've been looking into purchasing an IMac recently, all of my kids have them and love em.

Keep popping in now and again and say hi.
Micahle

Post by Micahle »

/wave Def
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

Yeah heya Def. been a few mobs trodden under our feet since you left us. Still a number of old timers here, but of course time takes it toll.

Good to hear you're still running around.. hmm VP you say.. never did go back and kill the zone since the revamp.. :P