Jouses

Post by Jouses »

haha, i like it!
Vexo

Post by Vexo »

Hah, it's a funny :)
Miruwin

Post by Miruwin »

Did you know that photo used of the city burning is a doctored photo? Reuters (I think) got into a lot of trouble because of this particular photo. It was done by one of their Iraqi photographers and is a shot of the city skyline and a shot of a smouldering car tyre dump. The photos were then photoshopped into one image and the clouds thickened and darkened to give greater impact.

If I can find the link for the original photos I will post it here.

The same photographer has many other examples of doctored photos he has submitted to news organisations and is one of the photographers involved with the infamous 'Green Helmet Man' who has featured in a lot of arranged 'disaster' photos from Iraq. His most favourite set ups are using bodies of children and rearranging them in 'corpse recovery' photos. The other favourite 'actor' he has is the Iraqi woman who has featured in his photos which have been used worldwide. She stands in front of a demolished house and emotes to the camera. So far she has been photographed in front of her house rubble 4 times over a time period of 3 months. Two of the photos of her wailing for her lost house have been within 4 days of each other.

There's lots of photographic and video propaganda coming out of Iraq. Try looking up Paliwood and its variations. The best example is the so called 'attack' on the ambulances, which was actually a decomissioned ambulance that was taken from a vehicle dump and used for this series of photos and the story that rocked the world but was a complete fake. Another classic is where they are doing the funeral procession and the 'body' rolls off the funeral bier as they are carrying it and the whole thing stops as the 'body' jumps back onto the bier. The funeral procession continues.
Miruwin

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.