Invitation to Sydney BBQ - Oct 20th 2007

Moderator: Officers

tsuix

Invitation to Sydney BBQ - Oct 20th 2007

Post by tsuix »

Hi folks!

You are cordially invited to join the Southern Armada Annual General Meeting to be held at my place in Sydney on October 20th!

If the name is not familiar, SA is the Aussie based Prexus guild in which Attann/Eleahna and myself spent many of our formative years. Creac also raided with us extensively in his youth.

Most of SA has moved on to WoW and then to Vanguard but they all have long memories and will no doubt be delighted to share war stories of pick-up Vox raids, Fearplane CRs, fear kiting Yelinak and I'm sure they'll make a good audience for your war stories of the newer expansions. And they're all good folk who share a passion for computer games and beer.

The astute sporting-minded people in the group may have already connected the date with the 2007 Rugby World Cup Final which is to be telecast starting around 5am on Sunday 21st. The AGM is conveniently positioned on the eve of this great sporting event and preparations are being made to allow punters to hang around and catch the broadcast.

To register your interest and keep abreast of the news, please visit this thread on the SA forums and post if you'd like to join us.
http://southernarmada.org/forums/thread/26965.aspx

Since this is quite a way off, I'd appreciate it if this thread could be made sticky.

Thanks and I hope to see some of you there!

Cheers,
Sean
fka Tsuix
Shlob

Post by Shlob »

To register your interest and keep abreast

he said breast /giggle
Vawshe

Mmmm... Barbeque

Post by Vawshe »

Man i love barbeque.. but that is a rather tough drive to make for me.. dont think my vehicle is equipped to drive on top of or under the water.
:D
Creac

Post by Creac »

Always a good event - I'll be going along.

"But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
All losses are restored and sorrows end."
Thyrx

Post by Thyrx »

i would say the statesiders should get together for a bar-b-q but i believe we are spread from one end of the country to the other. oh well maybe some day i will have to go to corporate for something and i can see soe of the seattle people. or shoot i would offer my deck, bar-b-q pit, hot tub, view of the lake, and such but one requirement would be no drinking or smoking (wife will not allow either anywhere near the house)
Ashendale

Post by Ashendale »

I have been tring for atleast two years for aamasie to come to Utah thyrx she will come mark my words.... Even if i have to lie about not taking her camping. Oh and i have tried to get golgol to drive the 12 little hours to get here but he won't.

Ash
Aamasie

Post by Aamasie »

I will get to Utah one of these days. It's on my vacation to do list. But no camping /stamps foot. I don't do camping, only five star hotels.

We can do a west coast Wreckers gettogether.
Shlob

Post by Shlob »

Ohhhh im not a wrecker but i wanna come crash your west side wreckers BBQ!!!! /em throws up the west side sign!
Thyrx

Post by Thyrx »

does Utah even have a five star hotel? rent a cabin many camping sites have so many amenities it is like staying in a hotel anyway. zions, moab/slickrock, all require you put in a reservation well in advance to get a camping spot though. most of the local canyons you can go up any times so long as it is not a holiday weekend.
Larnix

Post by Larnix »

I can confirm that you will never get Aam to camp... :D. Aam I still need to get back up to The windy city.. Everyone should go visit her she is a great Hostess. You will never go hungry..
Sonna

Post by Sonna »

Aamasie wrote: I don't do camping, only five star hotels.
Umm is a 5 star hotel not classed as camping ?? and since when ?
"Life is tough, get a helmet"
tsuix

Post by tsuix »

Hi folks!

Just a friendly bump to remind that this event is happening in 4 short weeks! We already have 22 confirmed attendees so it should be a good gig. Would love to meet some of you in person.

http://southernarmada.org/forums/default.aspx

Cheers,
Sean
Vexo

Post by Vexo »

Unsticky!