Signet hunting

Moderator: Officers

Zimimar

Post by Zimimar »

Alas I still need my signets as well. I only have the signet from MPG im afraid.. :( I am off all weekend this next weekend, fri-sat-sun.
Verroth

Post by Verroth »

Grab yourself a tank and a healer Z and you can rip through the non-instanced ones you need fast. The instance ones can be a bit more fickle droprate wise but with a tracker you can have them check and rinse repeat until you get the instance that requires only one kill(not sure if it still works that way, i usually gave up after 7 or 8 tries and did it camping way).

When you get ready for the turn in, you can invis up through rss as close as you can to Toramani then pop HS to do text and turn in, then evac out once that done. Super easy for necros:)

"That was not a train you twunt, that was a challenging pull..."
Noggle

Post by Noggle »

Updated List (may be incorrect):

Noogie - DH
Glark - DH
Berkcat - WoS, RCoD, Sewers, Catacombs
Escatone - Sewers, Catacombs
Thornelilly - Sewers, Catacombs, RSS
Zimimar - All but MPG
Zappity - some

I am not able to really log on though atm, as I'm at my mom's house and she really dislikes me playing video games. Either way though, with the remaining listed classes, all that's really needed is a tank, and that's a piece o pie to find.
Noggle Heelzem 70 Cleric
Noogie Stabzem 70 Rogue
Nogitron Tanxem 51 Warrior
Verroth

Post by Verroth »

would not even need to be a plate class to tank these now. At the gear level of the guild, nearly any melee type should be able to tank this tuff now with minimal danger unless adds come about, then agro controil may get dicey.

Vexo

Post by Vexo »

Escatone can tank some of it reasonably well, especially given a slower and a healer. And he's Qvic geared.

I'll be around friday and prior to raid on saturday. Probably also sunday, but don't want to promiss too much. Gf has gotten the idea, that me having a well-earned vacation, means I suck for not doing anything. She doesn't fully grasp the importance of EQ I suppose!
Turook

Post by Turook »

Somebody pull their finger out and arrange a time already?
Vexo

Post by Vexo »

Think it's been going on pretty much everyday the last week. Escatone only lacking Sewers. Think Ephyr is doing it for apps this weekend.
Turook

Post by Turook »

Hmm ok I'll pay more attention then, I hadn't noticed anything, but then again this week is bad for me while my mate is in town.
Ephyr

Post by Ephyr »

spent 3 hours doing catacombs today...get instance, check named/ph...get new instance...must have done 40 instances...all ph, and not a single named...

RNG i fkn hate you sometimes...

if you all hadnt posted that you had done this recently with catacombs i wouldnt believe it...

-Ephyr and bots
Verroth

Post by Verroth »

yeah after a few tries i usually gave up and said screw it. Would just camp spawn, and it is not horribly bad AA exp so not a total waste of time. I personally think the rng has a neg modifier for Sks:P

Kofn
Site Admin

Post by Kofn »

I've never managed to have sig mob up on spawn... I'm skeptical that it happens :P
Melodionxxx

Post by Melodionxxx »

What Weo said
Vexo

Post by Vexo »

Not having read above Weo's post, I have this to say: It happens. We cleared to SoD camp and he was up.
Tiressa

Post by Tiressa »

Did Catacombs two days ago for 3 signets.. A noc scout was up for about 5 instances, Dragorn was up in the 6th.. After killing it a noc scout was up in the next 2 or 3 instances.. Then the Dragorn was up again. After killing that one we spent 2 hours getting instances with noc after noc after noc..

I guess it's all perspective though. For catacombs I highly suggest getting the Dragorn just by getting the instance, just because it's an annoying camp break. The sewers one though is a great experience camp, and as far as you have to run to check the Dragorn you may as well park there and make a night of it.

A couple things we noted though (Catacombs). There is a rat about halfway through the instance (just past the first long room of golems and an ikaav and ukun), and rats can sometimes see invis. That can be a pain.. We also found a neat way to do the Dragorn if anyone has problems with the adds aggroing. In the circular room you can have someone kite the mobs running counter clockwise, starting with the ikaav in the northeast corner of the room and kiting in the northwest half to 2/3 of the room. Run3 worked to keep ahead of them, and the party was free to kill the dragorn while the mobs were kited. It makes it easier for those non-typical groups, like small groups with no crowd control and a bst or ranger tank!

~T~
Artremas

Post by Artremas »

We did Sewers and Catacombs over the weekend and I can definatly confirm that both signet droppers can be up on instance start.

It took a while (45 mins maybe) to get the Catacombs one to spawn, but it definatly does. Although I was slowish as I had to run monk to the mob to check it. Faster with Track (or whatever Thoraf was using, bard/track I think)

Due to some, uh, 'issues', we ended up having that guy spawn twice more while we were in there, and all were Dragorn's which was handy.

(Note to self: Running away from mob, BAD. A certain guild warrior will gleefully watch you die... !)

Regards
Artremas, ShadowKnight (110)
"The Future is fluid, always changing. We define the future by our thoughts, our deeds, our actions."

Mazia

Post by Mazia »

much ammusement was had. Yes stand and tank = less chance of the rest of group dying. Potion heals for the win.
Ephyr

Post by Ephyr »

i actually got named to spawn with sewers...

used one toon to get mission, and had bard singing selo's at zone in...zoned in ephyr and hairetic (cothbot)...

would run ephyr to Named spawn...using clicky invis as i went past the traps to reinivs...

depending on seeinvis murks i might take a few hits as i trained through to spawn, but then would coth back to zone in and zone out...

could check in 2 min or so (eg before selo's would run out)...when i found him up, zoned all the toons in and got sig...

took me less than an hour to get sunday am...(much better than my 3 hours in catacombs with no named (fkn RNG)...

-Ephyr and bots
Zimimar

Post by Zimimar »

Hello once again all,

This weekend i worked with Gim and we crancked out 3 more signets for myself, so now I am missing WOS and RSS. Getting close to those anguish raids :orclol:

Anyway Thanks Gim and Lei for the help as always.