DoD's content

Moderator: Officers

Angelsheart

DoD's content

Post by Angelsheart »

Where can i get some information on this?
Is there a manual on this expansion or are we left out in the dark to discover it ourselves?

So far i have no idea what the tabs for spirit shroud and evolve do or how it works?
varutia

Post by varutia »

Turook

Post by Turook »

Hmm thats a damn good point.
I just got the boxed game from Aam and there was no manual in it.
Bloody lazy bastards in SoE. :P
Turook

Post by Turook »

Hmm after reading the manual, it still tells you fuck all about what to do and where to go, no wonder they didn't print it. :P
Melodionxxx

Post by Melodionxxx »

I told you =)

Slipbringer...

Kinda leads you into DoDH. Makes you explore all the zones (some of which are jaw-dropping). You will need to use a rogue shroud too, which will teach you about... shrouds. Good fun, awesome reward. Solo task to do when your bored.

Then work on your spell progressions, these are awesome fun missions which are pretty challenging (imo) and again lead you into the Lore of the place very nicely as well as getting you your spells. Will need a solid group.

I'm sure theres plenty of folks still to do these missions.

Thats as far as I have got meself.

MeloxXx
Mynxi

Post by Mynxi »

Who do you get the Slipbringer task from? and Where can you find them?

(yes I am slack!
thanx in advance Melo :)
Mynxi
Melodionxxx

Post by Melodionxxx »

Go to Corathus (entrance at the west end of the river through Nektulos) and find a clockwork called Cartographer Slipbringer and just do what he tells you.

There are updated maps on mapfiend that make this task much easier, but mebbe if you really want to experience it raw, do without =) That would be pretty *raw* though. But hey, someone must have done it.

Map Pack Downloads

And before you ask, yeah I downloaded maps first >.<

MeloxXx
varutia

Post by varutia »

Try this thread for more info

http://wreckers.org/viewtopic.php?t=5107
Mynxi

Post by Mynxi »

woot! maps loaded and gtg!

thanx for the tips guys :)
Mynxi
Mynxi

Post by Mynxi »

woot! maps loaded and gtg!

thanx for the tips guys :)
Mynxi
Vexo

Post by Vexo »

Make sure your Corathus map loaded properly :p Can be quite the hassle to run around in there without a map :roll:
Turook

Post by Turook »

Does anyone else feel ill to the point of throwing up after playing in these zones?
Mazia

Post by Mazia »

I for one love the new zones as a higher level toon. Lots of excitement - segmented camps. Some indoor but also some outdoor zones for drogmas. Wonderfully colourful graphics. Some diversity of new mobs. Lots of soloable tasks. Shitloads of group tasks with good rewards. Abundance of rewards really. New for old content experiences. New types of items. Undead (wuwu lots of undead)

Anyways all and all I love it so far.
Melodionxxx

Post by Melodionxxx »

Hey Maz,

What are these solo tasks? I love tooling around in these zones, Slipbringer was such a gas would like to find more.

I assume the Free Trader faction was one such quest.

MeloxXx
Mazia

Post by Mazia »

Yeh various faction tasks. In the freetrader camp there are a pile of mission giving NPC's one of which at least has 2 tasks. Cleaning the Canals (not to be confused with "I have come to CLEAN the pool") and something like vestigases of the empire.

Separate to that there is the long assed augment solo quest line from belfast. That ones guna take some time. After the initial quest to collect a pile of mechanoinstractional scraps you have to do a series of loot 25 loot 5 tasks and turn the results into belfast. Once you do the first set of them (25 and 5) it unlocks another 25 and 5 collect for each string (3 tasks like this)
There is also a 6x 5 collect task along the same line.

Anyways Belfast wants a shitload of stuff for some tradeskill books that you have to have to make the new augments. The books contain the recipies but I believe you also have to combine the books with the combine for the part.

Anyways Dreadspire is beautiful you have no idea. Its amazing and very different so far. Very quest oriented but with npc tasks and agro NPC's Its huge and very tower like. Its arguably one of the best looking zones Sony has produced and has an amazing Size to it.

Getting into it can suck tho :) Look forwards to more of you being in there.
Turook

Post by Turook »

LoL, be ages before I am there. Since getting DoD I have managed to do the Slipgear aug and get 1 group, turning out to be a usual case of hurry up and LFG.
Temvardar

Post by Temvardar »

You will need to use a rogue shroud too
First of all I didn't need a shroud to complete this augment, thow some zones got pretty interesting trying to avoid agro :)

But secondly where do I get shrouds from in the first place :)

And Maz how much of the Dreadspire key can be solo? Any pointers?
Lord Hunter Temvardar Silverwolf
90 Huntmaster of Karana
varutia

Post by varutia »

All of the DS key stuff need to be grouped, just got the last item I needed on Sunday, you will end up killing a lot, I mean a lot of spiders. There seem to be a fetish about spiders in the DoD design.

You can get shroud from various of npc in the pok, there is one near the gnome banker and one under the bridge heading to library and numbers of them dotted around in the pok. You can probably use the Find function to locate them.
Temvardar

Post by Temvardar »

The thing I really hate about DoN and DodH is that they force grouping (I don't mind grouping, just when I have little time I tend to solo). In the past I've done quest stuff that was meant to required a group solo, I love seeing just what I can do with my own resources and skills. But with DoN and DodH I can't get the stupid missions to even try >.< Couldn't they just make the NPC's go "sure buddy here's the mission but don't come sue me when you get ass raped due to not having some buddies to watch ya back!"
90 Huntmaster of Karana
Mazia

Post by Mazia »

There are a pile of solo bits and pieces arround Tem. None of them have much of a reward tho - faction pp healing potions. There are tradeskill missions also for the new augments.

As it stands the augment container you need to make takes lots and lots of pp to produce and piles of drops. The clockworks in creep are going to end up being camped 24x7 for all the drops that are required for making them while they are in vogue.

There is as it stands bugger all to do in Dreadspire that you can do solo. Duo perhaps some exp grinding. The stuff just hits too hard to solo. There are some elemental / time level drops that can be gotten from exp groups but will take a reasonable group to achieve.

Undershore and Stoneroot have a bunch of quest givers in them lots of them solo tasks involving looting things and killing things. Faction and pp rewards only so far though. A lot of the quests I havnt seen writeups on yet.

Freemind Cipher the mushy has 3 man quests on him apparently also - monster mission like.

With the monster missions if you just want AA tho you can throw a group together in no time. Dont need any particular players at all just people.
Temvardar

Post by Temvardar »

Cool thanks Maz, I've done some of the solo missions in the freetrader camp (cleaning the cannals can kiss my ass, pain in the butt!).
There is as it stands bugger all to do in Dreadspire that you can do solo.
Don't care if I can solo there or not, it's the achievment that counts :) You know me I love attempting crazy stuff, but with this new style of missions it stops me from being even able to attempt them :(
90 Huntmaster of Karana
Turook

Post by Turook »

Just get 2-3 people going afk for a while to sit in GH and there ya go, you can try anything with ya afk group :)
Mazia

Post by Mazia »

2 of the 4 dreadspire missions on hard mode are rediculously easy (well okk mebe not rediculously) but they are GREAT exp. And have other item rewards. I for one would do them again from the exp standpoint. Notebook can be kited so bring yourself a kite group and a puller and away you go dead easy.

Dreadspire mission 4 is about the only one you need a serious group for. On Easy mode its not that bad though. Narglator pits is pretty cool zone wise. But that would be about the only one that really is difficult I feel.