Turook

Post by Turook »

Oh god I love it, the good ol days :)
Mazia

Post by Mazia »

Mac users are the ebil.
Miruwin

Post by Miruwin »

Umm - my real computer is a Mac - this piece of junk PC is what I have hanging around just for playing EQ
Miruwin

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Melodionxxx

Post by Melodionxxx »

Revenge on old Mac users is simple.... Steal their paper clip
Olharb

Post by Olharb »

If you want to torment a Mac user, give them a 2-button mouse..
Or ask them what their computer is without having them state what color it is..

And Lynx > IE, just as Pine > Outlook Express. I miss the stoneage of the internet.
Miruwin

Post by Miruwin »

Yes the paper clip is indispensable to Mac Users. I actually have a bodkin which I use instead - much easier to handle and I have it stuck to the side of the Mac with a piece of blutak so I don't lose it.

Also my Mac is about 8 years old now - its running OS 9 and is a Power PC 5500/225. It still has more functionality and ease of use than my whatever the hell it is PC with windows something or other.

Why drive a volkswagen when I can afford a Rolls Royce. My Mac is my Rolls Royce, my pc is my wheelbarrow.

Ah Mac OS 9 = Windows 2020.
Miruwin

Mazia

Post by Mazia »

OS 9 sucks... get Panther Miru you will love it - It shits from a great hight all over OS9 and it even emulates Os9 in a window for you so you dont miss it too much
Kysumu

Post by Kysumu »

Last edited by Kysumu on Thu 04 Aug, 2005 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kysumu
Mazia

Post by Mazia »

Your links suck ky :P
Kysumu

Post by Kysumu »

d00d.. you made me edit them for nothing .. homo .. use the left mouse button man .. THE LEFT ..|..
Kysumu
Mazia

Post by Mazia »

LMAO /points and laughs
Miruwin

Post by Miruwin »

There's a LEFT mouse button????????

Hrrrm - so there is - now wtf is that for?

Oh its a duplication of the right mouse button - the left one does some things and the right one does other things - how very odd. My Mac button does all the stuffs on one button. Strange PC users.

Errrr - ooops! My PC isn't working - hop in car and drive to Ali Baba and the 40 PC repair men. Drop computer off, they say 'sure, ring tomorrow, cost $80'. Two weeks later (if I'm lucky, and $1000) I get my PC back.

Errrr - omg! There's a first time for everything! My Mac isn't working. Hang on until I just open this nifty little programme and it runs a fix. Two minutes later and its working again.

And no, you can't get monkeys to fix a Mac so thats why the PC people don't fix them. I take my Mac to REAL computer technicians.
Miruwin

Kysumu

Post by Kysumu »

Can you play EQ on a MAC yet ??
Kysumu
Kysumu

Post by Kysumu »

Gheyness http://eqmac.station.sony.com/

Well that just about ends it for me .. life just isn't worth living now
Last edited by Kysumu on Thu 04 Aug, 2005 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kysumu
Micahle

Post by Micahle »

Spammer!
Kysumu

Post by Kysumu »

Damn straight .. :)

And Miru . you can have your Mac .. I have reread what you wrote above .. and the Mac suits you :twisted:
Kysumu
Kofn
Site Admin

Post by Kofn »

And no, you can't get monkeys to fix a Mac so thats why the PC people don't fix them. I take my Mac to REAL computer technicians.
And no you can't get monkeys to use a PC, that's why Mac users don't use them. I only let REAL computer users near my PC. :P
Miruwin

Post by Miruwin »

Poor deluded Weo.

No graphics person worth their salt uses anything but a Mac
Miruwin

Olharb

Post by Olharb »

Wow, that arguement is still around? Sure, macs were considered better at graphic / sound apps, but what I want to know is what graphics program are you running that won't run on a 4Ghz processor? Trying to create a life-size map of the world?

I've seen what people use their personal comps for concerning graphics. Super-imposing a wang on a watermelon doesn't require dual processors. Adding "PWN3D" in block letters to an existing image has been possible since the Etch-a-Sketch. Any graphics person worth their salt doesn't give a damn what comp they're on since EVERY computer has a pirated copy of Photoshop on it. :)

Oh, and if anyone wants a picture of that watermelon, drop me a line..
"There's no preparation and no guide, just what you've done before here with your life." -BR
Miruwin

Post by Miruwin »

Yep - that argument is still around - mainly because everyone involved in graphic design, desktop publishing, graphic arts etc only use Macs. Now, there has to be a reason for that, and that is, Macs handle it much much better.

I have done page layouts and designs on both the Mac platform and the PC platform. I know which one gives me better, cleaner, faster results with a more professional looking layout and design. I also know which one the pre-press bureaux have less problems with. I also know that when I get my proofs back, the stuff done on a Mac are as I originally laid them out, the ones done on the PC have random weirdnesses in them which means they have to be edited and sent back to the bureau again.

Normally on my Mac I run Illustrator, Persuasion, Freehand, Pagemaker, Quark Express. Yes I know all these are available in PC versions, they just aren't as 'clean'. They just don't have the same functionality.
Miruwin

Mazia

Post by Mazia »

I have a friend that would only ever use his Amega 4k rig for graphics - it handled it MUCH better than any mac at the time. Then I got to play arround with a movie editor's Opal somewhere down the track and that sort of sealed it for me.

The main and only reason Mac's are used by graphics manipulators everywhere is history and history ONLY its not because they have better processing power or software NOW everything has been ported every which way. Its because when Mac's were being marketed some years ago - it was designed and marketed to these people and software was designed to do the required work.

At the time Mac's had graphics co-processors much the same as the Amiga's "several" sup processors for graphics, sound, maths etc which at the time was completely unique. Same could be said for Silicon Graphics Machines.

Its really a bit sad to see Mac users playing this arguement is totally redundant

(and no I dont mean you miru :P)
Kysumu

Post by Kysumu »

mainly because everyone involved in graphic design, desktop publishing, graphic arts etc only use Macs.
I wish this was the case. While I would agree with this statment 3 or 4 years ago now days though the PC market has caught up through hardware advances and in the end have become a much more cost affective design solution.

Having supported both the MAC and PC in a graphic design and large format printing environment I don't have any problems with either and while the older Mac's would shit on the PC when doing graphic's they have fallen behind as they feared change. So what do they do. They released OS X because they had to make changes to keep up and "WOW", did they piss alot of their customers off. All of a sudden the Mac didn't look the same but it sure was more compatablewith the times. It had issue after issue but with each new release it gets better and better. The latest version is Tiger isn't to bad at all and runs smoothly but it is very different to what you would be used to Miru.(don't buy Panther*not shitting on you this time Maz but Panther had heaps of issues especially printing which sucks if you want to do graphic designs prints :) **)

But all in all the Graphic's design market is a small part of computing today. The big thing is that is all Mac's are known for and they are slowly loosing their grip. They have made some great sound advances to which is good to see.
Errrr - ooops! My PC isn't working - hop in car and drive to Ali Baba and the 40 PC repair men. Drop computer off, they say 'sure, ring tomorrow, cost $80'. Two weeks later (if I'm lucky, and $1000) I get my PC back.
I told you not to take your PC to Turook :) .. I wouldn't blame the PC for this. I would blame the retard who fixed it and find someone else. There are acredited computer repair people out there. The big thing is though the $1000 you spent getting it fixed as well as the $1500 you spent buying is still cheaper then the $3000 you paid for your average Mac 3 to 4 years ago :)
Kysumu
Miruwin

Post by Miruwin »

I suppose the point is, I initially learnt about computers firstly by working on the old Apple IIE, thats the one with the 5 1/2 inch floppy and it had 3 external drives connected by these wide flat cables.

Then moved to the Macintosh. Remember the ones without hard drives and the 2 disc slots? Load the programme, remove disc, insert work disc, save work, remove work disc, insert programme disc, end programme.

Then oh joy oh rapture, work bought me a computer with 2mg! of hard drive space. Which meant of course, you had a minimal bit of system stuff, and really had difficulty loading enough programmes. You still did your work on a removal floppy, only this time it was the 3.5 inch ones.

Slowly but surely, things improvd and when I left there 8 years later I had the top of the line 40mg hard drive with 8mg ram and an A4 monitor (mono). Colour monitors were pretty much out of the question so I always did my layout with my huge swatch of pantone colours next to me. Think it was a Mac LC or something.

Bought myself my first home computer then, a secondhand Mac 2si (i think). Worked on that at home for around 8 years then by this stage I had a job where I was working on PCs doing magazine layouts and designs. Most times, I roughed up the layout on the PC then brought it home and cleaned it up on my Mac. Had to do this anyway as the bureau wouldn't accept anything that wasn't Mac format and I saved the company a fortune as what they had been doing was getting the layout done by the Bureau.

By this stage my old Mac was well and truly past its prime and it did me a favour when the hard drive collapsed and I was forced to buy myself my Power Macintosh 5500/225 which is still sitting on my desk.

Enter Issolde who is heavily involved in Everquest at the time. I watched Wreckers raids for a good year before I finally succumbed and bought a PC just so I could play Everquest. It was a second hand unit as well and lasted me around 3-4 years of EQ playing until it finally died a couple of months ago. Im now using my whatever the hell it is PC.

However for the past 8 years, I have been working on PCs. I really do find though that they are not as logical to use as the Mac, they aren't as intuitive with their design stuffs. I really do prefer Macs.

I know I pay a lot more for a Mac and for the software and for the support, I still prefer them. If something goes wrong, I can generally sort it out whereas with the PC I have absolutely no idea and no clue where to find out how to fix it.
Miruwin

Kysumu

Post by Kysumu »

If something goes wrong, I can generally sort it out whereas with the PC I have absolutely no idea and no clue where to find out how to fix it.
I hear alot of PC User sprout the same thing in reserves Miru so I wouldn't worry to much about it. I just like a good discussion that sometimes involves an expression of different points of view :) .. some call this arguing .. I call it fun times :)

HP Helpdesk Freak - Man .. how do you set an IP on a MAC .. fuck I hate Mac's
Kysumu(HP Helpdesk Legend) - So basically you hate MAC's cause you can't use them?
HP Helpdesk Freak - Jam your logic up your ass and tell me how to set an IP Address ..|..
Kysumu(HP Helpdesk Legend) - You hate it when I am right don't you :)
HP Helpdesk Freak - Yes .. So how do I do it
Kysumu(HP Helpdesk Legend) - Like I care .. Mac's suck balls
HP Helpdesk Freak - You are a cunt
Kysumu(HP Helpdesk Legend) - Yep
HP Helpdesk Freak - You going to tell me
Kysumu(HP Helpdesk Legend) - After I annoy you for another 5 minutes.
HP Helpdesk Freak - What about the customer.
Kysumu(HP Helpdesk Legend) - His fault for not buying a PC .. heh
HP Helpdesk Freak - heh
Kysumu(HP Helpdesk Legend) - Fuckers
HP Helpdesk Freak - heh Yeah Fuckers
2 minutes of Silence
HP Helpdesk Freak - You going to tell me yet
Kysumu(HP Helpdesk Legend) - 3 minutes to go
Hp Helpdesk Freak - Wonder if they have hung up yet.
Kysumu(HP Helpdesk Legend) - I would have but then again I wouldn't have bought a MAC .. heh
HP Helpdesk Freak - Fuck this .. I will just make some shit up

Ten minutes later I would usually send an email around the team on how to set an IP address on a Macintosh and state that most answers can be found using Google and the Internet. Usually about 10 seconds later I would get an email back calling me a cunt again.

Man those were the good old days :)
Kysumu