Chanter looking for advice

Moderator: Officers

Tentrix

Post by Tentrix »

Accerd1 wrote:The OoW tier armor is better than all my armor that I'm wearing. After Thursday, why not hunt together for armor and spell. Need the spell desperately too.

Accerd
I have all my chars camped in NC down in that corner near the quest guy, Vorkiev.
At the moment, I will be hunting a little further down for faction, cause I noticed last night that I am still threateningly, so I need to correct that.

Folks always welcome to join us, we have 5 bots but are always willing to ditch them for outside company :)
"The artist formally known as TENTRIX"
Golgolath

Post by Golgolath »

I feel threatened by the gnome being lvl 65, so anyone who wants can feel free to train him on sight.
Mazia

Post by Mazia »

LMAO Gnomeacide!
Miruwin

Post by Miruwin »

Agree Gol about the paladin strengths thing. On the only other game I played before EQ, my paladin was the most powerful of all the classes and I was told that that was normal in role-playing games. Having the most powerful class though had problems in itself. It was twice as difficult to level up the paladin due to the side quests you had to do before you were allowed to gain a new level. The first character I made in EQ was a paladin. I rarely play her, she is a level 32, seriously flawed because I didnt know what I was doing when I made her and is a half-elf. She is borderline useless but I love her.
Miruwin

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Golgolath

Post by Golgolath »

Exactly. Coming off games like Diablo 2, Neverwinter Nights, and the old text games like Rogue and Moria, I was used to the paladin ripping through everything in their path with both spells and weapons. And here come EQ paladins, who're nothing but sponges with healing spells. Makes about as little sense as a warrior doing pathetic damage compared to a rogue. Not sure where Verant/SOE came up with their classes, but they should have stuck to the archetypes, they work. :)

Out of curiosity, which game were you playing?
boonees

Post by boonees »

You must be different golg, i have seen plenty of pallies who are absolutely awesome tanks, they hold agro like no ones business, i think you need to give yourself some time for those aa's and lvls along with gear, im sure you will be pleasantly surprised, at least i hope so :)
Boonees 82 necro
Banur 75 cleric
Bazilisk 75 sharman
Golgolath

Post by Golgolath »

When I can charge through huge crowds of monsters and kill them all like other games' paladins, then I will be pleasantly surprised :)

Don't see that happening any time soon though, unfortunately...

Anyway, back to Fen's original question: you need to get the AA that'll let you turn me into a gnome in combat....
Mazia

Post by Mazia »

Delete your toon and start a Gnome pally you slacker
Golgolath

Post by Golgolath »

2 days till the merger...think I could get Golgagnome up to 66 in that time? Didn't think so..... 8)
Tentrix

Post by Tentrix »

Golgolath wrote:When I can charge through huge crowds of monsters and kill them all like other games' paladins, then I will be pleasantly surprised :)

Don't see that happening any time soon though, unfortunately...

Anyway, back to Fen's original question: you need to get the AA that'll let you turn me into a gnome in combat....
You have to look at it comparitively, compared to all the other eq classes, you can charge through crowds of monsters, imagine a wizzy running into battle, 2 hits and they are dead........
"The artist formally known as TENTRIX"
Mynxi

Post by Mynxi »

Golgolath wrote:When I can charge through huge crowds of monsters and kill them all like other games' paladins, then I will be pleasantly surprised :)
Try high level druid DS and stun agro a bunch of mobs in West Freeport. They die... as soon as they manage to land a hit on you. ;)
Mynxi
Vexo

Post by Vexo »

Speak for yourself Tentrix:p
Ephyr

Post by Ephyr »

no idea if this is the thread where it was asked....but...checked trader alts.....

no tone of perfidious wanting....i have 2 glowing stones of expulsion though....ill try to get around to farming the chanter one one of these days...

-ephyr and bots
Fendaren

Post by Fendaren »

Thanks anyway Ephyr. I would like to thank you all - got my first no drop upgrade from PoE the other day. Woot.

I can't find the link for it but it replaced my Thick Netted Veil and came from a big crocodile ... :P

Very very happy little gnome here :) 8)

Did the raid with you guys on Saturday night as well - what a blast - had a little trouble with initial instructions...big thanks to Curtis, Mynxi, Vec, Enctarl (apologise for misspells) and any others i have missed. I just didn't want to stuff it up - little stressed gnome there for a bit :shock: .

Now I am one quarter Time flagged ... WOOT.

Ten & I will be there raiding with you every chance we get ...
Miruwin

Post by Miruwin »

I played Ancient Anguish for 5 years - text based MUD. Maximum level was 19 when I played. If you died you lost a full level and all the associated stats that went with that level. Last time I looked I still had 32 characters, all level 19 and fully maxed. Had combo of all classes and all races.
Miruwin

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
varutia

Post by varutia »

Use to be a big fan of the MUD games as well, big reason why I was so hooked into EQ, it's like MUD games in 3D :D
Angelsheart

Post by Angelsheart »

Whats Mud? dirt + water?
varutia

Post by varutia »

Darn, I cann't even remember all the names of the MuD I use to play. Still got them saved in a program, lol. I probably played 3 or 4 MuD in a very hardcore fashion, which meant I goto Uni early and leave late just to play, I even travelled to Uni during holiday to play because back then internet at home is really expensive :oops:

That's all a long long long long time ago.
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

Yeah Var, I found a great joy in actually SEEING what's going on rather than reading it :)

Code: Select all

You have entered a snowy tundra.  
There is a broad based tower in the snow.  
Obvious exits are In, south, west, east, north.
120 80 95 ? >
Now remember the first time you level 2 barbarian ran out and checked out south tower in everfrost. :)[/code]
Mazia

Post by Mazia »

I remember those buggering Soloist skeletons that used to kill me while I was farming High Quality bear skins to sell to a visiting trader from Freeport. Buggers
Mynxi

Post by Mynxi »

Angelsheart wrote:Whats Mud? dirt + water?
Yes but MUD is Multi User Dungeon (i believe).
Mynxi
varutia

Post by varutia »

Ignore Angel, we played MuDs together for years and years before EQ.
Sianni

Post by Sianni »

LOL I coded a section of a MuD. It's still there. I should expand it actually.