Speaking of AC

Moderator: Officers

Tentrix

Speaking of AC

Post by Tentrix »

Reckon it is worth spending couple of hundred K on ornate gear.... I have been saving DoN crystals to upgrade gear, not sure if maybe I should sell the crystals and get ornate.

What do you guys think?
"The artist formally known as TENTRIX"
varutia

Post by varutia »

Not worth it, ornate is real outdated now days. With crystal you can buy good gears from merchant, much better than ornate anyhow. If you want ornate just do the solro alternate flagging quest and farm it youself, not terribly hard if you bring a group. I could duo it with a cleric at high 60s in solro, but then I was significantly better geared compare to you.

I am sure most of camps in BoT are empty now, they are prefectly fine for ornate farming if you want them.
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

Yeah I woudln't buy ornate. Farm it if you want it but with the level of gear just runnign around OoW and how farmable ornate is for the bits you can't find in oow it'd be a waste of cash I'd think.

Can you buy more crystals instead to suppliment what you have?
Tentrix

Post by Tentrix »

Thoraf wrote:Can you buy more crystals instead to suppliment what you have?
Yeah did just that....going to wait until lvl 65 though, few pieces that the effects dont kick in until that level....cause if I had real will power (which I dont) i would wait until level 70 and get the best stuff straight off the bat :)
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

For myself I ate buying gear. I have over 2000 unspent LDON points (only ever bought the spells I needed from LDON)

I typically don't buy armour/upgrades from bazaar but instead find out where stuff I want drops and go farm it. I get XP/AA while farming upgrades.

Been doing it that way for a LOOONG time and not going to change now I'd think. Money is only good for twinking things and tradeskills :) Or the occasional toy you just couldn't be bothered spending the time to get, or can't get anymore (manastone)
varutia

Post by varutia »

I got mine time worth on LDoN points, brought bp that last me for ages, now when the fabled upgrade, I sold it back and brought ac augs, man they are worth the time I spended. Even now 4 out of 9 worn mana regen for me come out of the LDoN. Some items in LDoN are good, particular the bp for plate class, with 2k points, you can get a 69 ac bp with ft2 and it will be as good as anything you get before time bp.

510 points 10 ac aug is good as well, ft augs are yummy if you are lacking in that aspect, most of other are outdated by now. The DoN proc augs are really nice, no point getting any LDoN proc augs anymore.
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

Hehe I have a fabled BP also. :)

Being able to sell stuff back doesn't sound bad though. do you get the same points back for the items ?
Zhuol

Post by Zhuol »

Since there is dicussion od ornate gear here i have a quick question. I have never done ornate gear but a have an ornate bracer mold and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction on how to turn that into my ornate bracer. Thanks :?
varutia

Post by varutia »

Do a check Alla website for more information on ornate quest. I do belive you need to be level 55 to be able to do it.

Sell back to LDoN merchant you get 70 percent of the points back, it's really not bad consider you used it for all these time and can still sell back for points and buy something else.

Once I get a leg upgrade I can free up another 1.5k points or so and buy more augs, lol.

That being said most of ldon are really downgrade for us now with a few exception. The 10 ac aug is really good for paladins and it is not lore as well.
zappity

Post by zappity »

you should go buy some 40hp or 20/20 augs thor. nothing much else worthwhile spending points on for you im sure. and thats another 80hp you could have
Mazia

Post by Mazia »

Or buy AC augments - the 10AC ones however go in the 20AC augments from RSS slots :/
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

I'd probably not have enouhg points in the right camp or something. :) But it's a thought I guess. *shrugs* sounds like work to me hehe
Tentrix

Post by Tentrix »

The DoN 10ac augs are easy to get hold of as well, only 180 pts I think...

For that ornate bracer, Alla does have all the info, looked it only today, only part I couldnt get hold of was the ethereal sheet metal... the rest comes from the npc u talk to in PoT, then it is just a not fail combine.
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

Sheet metal etc normally available in bazaar.. if not wait til I turn up I have a stack or so in the bank still I think.
Miruwin

Post by Miruwin »

think i have about 15 or so bits of the ethereal sheet metal left too
Miruwin

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Ephyr

Post by Ephyr »

i have a stack of ethereal sheet metal on my trader as well...

was making it to skill up smithging from 210 to 212....

anyhow...i have some too if you dont get it before server merge....

in general i agree on the ldon equipment front....give it a pass other than some of the augments...we can help get better stuff pretty fasts...

-Ephyr and bots