Hello :)

Moderator: Officers

Xakshais

Hello :)

Post by Xakshais »

Hello All,

Just wanted to introduce my self, I'm a returning EQ player after a year break and a move to the RoK I find myself back in Norrath. I'm looking forward to my pending transfer as well as getting to meet some of you guys and gals. =)
Micahle

Post by Micahle »

Howdy :)
Kofn
Site Admin

Post by Kofn »

Hi Xak and welcome back to Norrath :)

I have no clue what the RoK is?

What class are you playing and what did you used to do in EQ?
Selinea

Post by Selinea »

Hi Xakshais,
Thanks for your interest in Wreckers - could you possibly tell us a little more about yourself?
Also, you may want to join /wreckers channel to get to know some of us :)

Best of luck and look forward to chatting to you ingame
There is no right or wrong, there is only a path...
Xakshais

Post by Xakshais »

Oh sorry about that, I live in Korea now. I'm a helicopter mechanic for the US Army.

Ive been playing EQ since early 2000 I will be playing my Shaman as he used to be my main magelo is a little off but that can be fixed np. I will be in the channel np

thanks once again :)
Kaylle

Post by Kaylle »

Hello Xak =)
Gotsta

Post by Gotsta »

What post Xak? I was at Osan 86-87, then Kunsan 97-98. Send me some Soju, I ran out years ago.
Xakshais

Post by Xakshais »

Humphreys :) send me an address and ill send you all the SOJU you want free of charge lol
Tenam

Post by Tenam »

Alright, here's the real question for you.... Cass, OB, Hight, or Max? Chooose carefully. ;)
Xakshais

Post by Xakshais »

ob by far, hite is well shite, cass most of the time tastes like ass and I havent had too much max lol!
Tenam

Post by Tenam »

My wife prefers Max, so whenever we drink beer, we usually end up getting that. I can't really taste a difference that much between the bottled stuff, but I actually prefer Hite if it's from the tap.
Xakshais

Post by Xakshais »

Tap Hite is decent ive had it a few times its the canned Hite that omg tastes so bad. I'll have to try max more
Gotsta

Post by Gotsta »

OB for sure. But prefered Jungle Juice. I had many a good nights on that stuff---at least from what little I remember. On one of those types of nights I got stuck at Camp Hump (missed the bus back to Osan). Forgot the name of the town that is so popular outside the gates. Anyway lucky for me I met a fellow drunk and he let me stay in the barracks, his roomies were out on manauvers in the DMZ. He had a juicy girl with him though, so I had to listen to them go at it all night. I didn't even have my camera either, blah.
Tenam

Post by Tenam »

Okay, I've got to say, I'm not familiar with Jungle Juice. If it's a Korean drink, does it have a Korean name? Otherwise, what's it made from? :)
Gotsta

Post by Gotsta »

Sanar wrote:Okay, I've got to say, I'm not familiar with Jungle Juice. If it's a Korean drink, does it have a Korean name? Otherwise, what's it made from? :)
Soju (I like Jinru soju) and fruit punch mainly. It has almost no alcoholic taste though which is bad. It sneaks up on you. I drank 3/4 of an ammo bowl alone when I first got there and when I got up pretty much fell across the room, probably hitting the floor only 3 or 4 times.
Ammo bowls are basically big tupperware bowls with a bunch of straws for your buddies. This guy on an Air Force forum put it well:
"So, why do GIs get so screwed up? Here's another no brainer for you...YOU CAN'T TASTE THE ALCOHOL...

So the next time your foolish friend decides he is going to take on an ammo bowl by himself, you might want to ask the lady behind the bar what type of soju they are using and get a look at the number. You might save yourself from having to carry his stupid ass back to the dormitory."
Tenam

Post by Tenam »

Yikes... i think I made Jungle Juice already without knowing what it was. I found that the stuff, If I'm thinking right, is like 3500 won for .... Agh! Memory is failing me... I think it's 2 litres? Maybe 3? I tried to make an incredibly cheap version of "Skittles-infused Vodka" but couldn't find skittles and didn't pay enormous amounts for vodka. I used three different types of hard candies (which worked pretty well... for two of them) I ended up throwing away one type. I think the candy was blueberry flavored or something, and didn't mask the alcohol at all. I used really strong flavored lemon and orange drops for the other, and it tasted incredibly awesome, and got me way more drunk than I expected to be. hah.

I'm teaching English in Korea, and not a military guy, so I miss out on the parts of Korea that a lot of the military personnel are seeing. :P
Xakshais

Post by Xakshais »

In fact im pretty sure by you teaching english here you see more parts of Korea then we choose to I know alot of people who havent left the ville who just enjoy drinking. :) Ive flown up and down Korea so I think thats why I offered to stay an extra year and a half I enjoy it.