MOFOing cats

Moderator: Officers

Vexo

MOFOing cats

Post by Vexo »

Damn cat I'm housesitting is let out during the morning because I'll probably not get home till late and now I'm 20 mins late and it's made no appearance... usually back after some 20-30 mins, now it's been about an hour... cats are the dumbest pets around!
Miruwin

Post by Miruwin »

No. As all us cat owners will attest, cats are one of the smartest animals around and simply love not turning up when they are supposed to and annoying the stuffing out of everyone (plus making them worry)
Miruwin

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Golgolath

Post by Golgolath »

Nothing says "Pardon me Mr. cat, but I find your rebellious behavior frustrating" like setting it on fire and laughing while it cooks.

I hate cats.
There are no atheists in a hen house.

roobboo

Post by roobboo »

Mine is like clockwork at meal times. And if your a bit shabby on providing your side of the feeding contract he runs around the house yowling at everybody until the desired outcome is reached.
Chunk

Post by Chunk »

Cats >>> people

And they know it
Thyrx

Post by Thyrx »

my buddy told his english bulldog to sit when we went inside. only intending to do that for a short time. of course we forgot and the dog was left outside for about 3 hours. when we returned he was still sitting there waiting for us to come back. he is a smart dog and he knew we forgot him, but he is loyal and obedient and did as he was told until we returned. dogs rule. loyalty, love, and obedience like that are almost impossible to find now days.

cats on the other hand. well so long as you serve a purpose for them they will tolerate you. though if they were only slightly larger and became hungry you would go from useful to dinner wihtout a second thought.

and dogs were the first domesticated animal. man's best friend. cats? i would say are more tame than domesticated.
Miruwin

Post by Miruwin »

Dogs have Masters. Cats have Staff.

Now, who is the most intelligent?
Miruwin

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Falern

Post by Falern »

Those that buy dogs... ;)

Falern
Selinea

Post by Selinea »

I have to say Thyrx, cute story, but I disagree with several of the points.

In regards to behaviour, dogs will only "sit" and be loyal and do as their told if months are spent training them to behave this way
As far as the comment about going from "useful to dinner" if a cat was slightly larger - how many dog attacks are there each week? Where a dog for no reason just decides to maul a 2 year old child? Sure, cats will bite and scratch if their cranky or if you piss them off - but a cat will never outright just attack someone with the intention to kill - where dogs will.

And cats are clearly more intelligent than dogs. Cats have been known to show skills in problem solving (opening doors, turning taps on) and are clever enough to take care of their own hygiene for the most part (cleaning themselves, burying excrement).

Of course there are dogs that show incredible loyalty and make us all teary - all us Aussies will know the famous Dog on the Tuckerbox story. I view it as - cats are too smart to be blindly loyal :P
There is no right or wrong, there is only a path...
Aedryen

Post by Aedryen »

My cat is a loyal as a dog. He doesn’t necessarily do as he is told, but if anyone is sick in the family he will not leave their side till they are better. He calms my son down when he is upset (4 year old) by purring and cuddling him. To me that is more loyal then telling him to sit :) He is amazing :)
Aedryen -The Everdying Druid
Civin - The Purple Bard
Nevyen - No-one...

Retired: Fladora, Healior
Takeshi

Post by Takeshi »

My dog thinks it is a cat.
Thyrx

Post by Thyrx »

dogs rule cats drool.

although i am still waiting to see the hawk that nests up the hill from me eat my neighbors dachsund.
Chunk

Post by Chunk »

Thyrx wrote:dogs rule cats drool
only pets i've seen drool are dogs, and most of them do
Thyrx wrote:my buddy told his english bulldog to sit when we went inside. only intending to do that for a short time. of course we forgot and the dog was left outside for about 3 hours. when we returned he was still sitting there waiting for us to come back
haha you call that loyalty, seems like stupidity to me. A cat wouldn't be that stupid
Vexo

Post by Vexo »

Selinea wrote:.... how many dog attacks are there each week? Where a dog for no reason just decides to maul a 2 year old child? Sure, cats will bite and scratch if their cranky or if you piss them off - but a cat will never outright just attack someone with the intention to kill - where dogs will....
Too overly utterly drunk to read the rest of this thread, but (oh, btw, hi pretty lady!) you actually have dogs there that just outright attacks kids? Because we only have dogs here who's been abused to insanity or who's been overly provoced by kids to react in self-defense... no reason my ass. Kids are a scourge on the planet of tranquility.
Aedryen

Post by Aedryen »

Because we only have dogs here who's been abused to insanity or who's been overly provoced by kids to react in self-defense... no reason my ass. Kids are a scourge on the planet of tranquility.
Have you been living under a rock?
Aedryen -The Everdying Druid
Civin - The Purple Bard
Nevyen - No-one...

Retired: Fladora, Healior
Vexo

Post by Vexo »

Aedryen wrote:
Because we only have dogs here who's been abused to insanity or who's been overly provoced by kids to react in self-defense... no reason my ass. Kids are a scourge on the planet of tranquility.
Have you been living under a rock?
It flies overhead often, yes. I notice the huge ball of flaming hydrogen/helium more often though.