Crystallos Keying - Sunday 30th Dec - 3:30PM AEST

Moderator: Officers

Zurtle

Crystallos Keying - Sunday 30th Dec - 3:30PM AEST

Post by Zurtle »

Date: Sunday 30th December
Time: 3:30PM AEST (4 hours prior to normal raid time)
What: Continuation of the MMM/Crystallos Keying
Where: The Cannon in DSH

This is a continuation of the keying that we did previously. If we have time afterwards, I would like to also head up to zeka/beza and get people the document drops needed for MMM key or kill other needed golems (depending on the time we have). We are going to beginning with:

"Our Lost Brother - A Glowing Crystal " which is the second part of "Our Lost Brother - Find the Container III ". It does not matter if you have done "Our Lost Brother - Find the Container I or II" or not as they can be done out of order.

We will meet at the cannon in DSH at 3:30PM AEST as this is probably the closest meeting place to our intended targets.

AT MINIMUM:
1. Speak with Jashy and he will give you the task "Breaking the Barrier" and "Our Lost Brother - Find the Container III"
2. If he did not already give you "Our Lost Brother - Find the Container II", make sure to say "dare" and get that task as well.
4. Head to Hills of Shade and pick up the "Glowing Crystal Base". It should be a two slot container in the catacombs (There are undead and normal mobs in the catacombs; so, you will either need to a group to kill them or someone to train them out)
5. Once you have the container, go back and hail Jashy to get the task update and you should then receive the task "Our Lost Brother - A Glowing Crystal"
6. Be at the cannon at 3:30 PM AEST on Sunday.
Last edited by Zurtle on Sat 22 Dec, 2007 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Selinea

Post by Selinea »

Isn't Rhaa doing an Anguish run at 3?
There is no right or wrong, there is only a path...
Creac

Post by Creac »

I think so. Zurt had this planned when he finished the last run, and Rhaar has planned Anguish for the same time. The two of them will have to work it out :-)

"But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
All losses are restored and sorrows end."
Vexo

Post by Vexo »

I might try to get up for this. Seeing as I'm going to school later in the day, I think I deserve some special EQ time :p
Zurtle

Post by Zurtle »

Because this conflicted with CoA run on Sunday.. ive bumped it up a week
Creac

Post by Creac »

Bump to remind people.

Creac

Post by Creac »

I believe Zurt is planning this again this Sunday to help those who have missed a few of the items. Probably look at doing an MMM flagging run too depending on numbers who need and time available etc.

roobboo

Post by roobboo »

I need 4 crystals for the clear and glowing crystals. They are Ill, Lifewater,Fierceness and prismatic. Can probably attend on Sunday but as every other Sunday I have 2 hours till i need to walk dogs which takes about an hour then i can return.
roobboo

Post by roobboo »

Also had another thought. Since probably less then a group will need any given crystal instead of a big clear is it possible to just charge in invis and fight mob in their pit w/o aggroing outside? That would speed matters considerably. Seems to be wot another group I watched did and they had it done and dusted in a few minutes. Feel free to slap me down if u know better. Maybe C invis or linked aggro or something heh.
Vexo

Post by Vexo »

roobboo wrote:Also had another thought. Since probably less then a group will need any given crystal instead of a big clear is it possible to just charge in invis and fight mob in their pit w/o aggroing outside? That would speed matters considerably. Seems to be wot another group I watched did and they had it done and dusted in a few minutes. Feel free to slap me down if u know better. Maybe C invis or linked aggro or something heh.
This is how everyone else I've seen or read about does it. I think it wasn't done on the sunday things, because they'd rather do the sure thing, than have someone in the "large" raid group "step out of line" and aggro the adds.

And I'm also lacking the clear and glowing crystals. And the MMM container+light blue (I think?) that comes with that, but that's a different story.
Zurtle

Post by Zurtle »

Vexo wrote: This is how everyone else I've seen or read about does it. I think it wasn't done on the sunday things, because they'd rather do the sure thing, than have someone in the "large" raid group "step out of line" and aggro the adds.
As long as everyone stays out of line of sight of the adds, you can dps down the named and never even bother clearing anything but the named roamer that comes up the stairs. This is easy enough to do in a group when only a couple people need the item. The entire group drops lev and runs to the back of the pool. The person who needs the trigger waits until everyone is set and then rushes to the back of the pool as well. It will trigger the golem and as long as everyone is at the back of the pool and without lev, they will be out of line of sight of the adds. Kill the named, loot the piece, and continue on to the next golem. When you throw three groups into the mix, it can get a bit difficult.. To be safe and sure, its easiest to clear everything and do it the way we did it.
Jarinu

Post by Jarinu »

It worked well. Good that this got a bunch of people through it.

Probably something that needs to be redone a few times like AG factioning raids as we move forwards. It was well run. Bard mezing the named on spawn works well for control.
"Looks like Maz was right.. - Thoraf"
"Looks like Maz was right.. There can add me to your sig! - Kofn"
"*sigh* 'the maz is right' strikes again! - Zurt"
"Have you noticed that nobody who thinks 'Maz is right' still plays? - Melo"
"Now Melo doesn't play! Cursed! - Fny"
Thyrx

Post by Thyrx »

i will not be able to make a rais this sunday at 3:30, but a couple of hours later i should be able to come help. also when i log on and say lfg or ask if anyone needs help with something, hollar, i will come help with this. if we can find a way to get an entire group into the pools (probably have a tank train away the see invis named, then have a mage coh him to the pool, then coh the person who will be triggering the event) without havig to pull the whole area i am al for it, or if not i am also all for killing our way in.

crystallos is a fun zone, but not very forgiving so the more people we have flagged the more groups we can get in the zone. some of the stuff i have seen linked from in there is insane (the low ac makes it not so desireable for tanks, but for non tank types the hp/mana/end/various focus effects make it extremely desireable (there are a couple of items in there that are good for tanks too so do not think it is not completely useless to tanks).