Grizabelle 105 SK

Moderator: Officers

Crucibelle

Grizabelle 105 SK

Post by Crucibelle »

Character Name: Grizabelle
Level: 105
Class: Shadowknight
Your Time Zone: US- central (I think that is GMT-6)
Magelo Link: working on updating it.
AA Count: 10387

Please tell us your previous guild(s) including on other servers:

All guilds are/were on Veeshan/Luclin.
Currently: Zeppy's Heroes. Friend's Alt guild.
The Eternal Knot - my alt guild
Only the Brave (raided through some low end SoD), left in 2010 or 2011
Circle of Eternity (raided PoP through Dodh, leader quit and guild fell apart)
Immortal Pantheon (PoP and started GoD before it died to Leader quitting and an officer sabotaging DKP records)
Clan Winter Wolf (first guild, leader quit and disbanded guild)

Why did you leave your previous guild(s)?

Usually because of Guild Leaders retiring or not playing anymore causing the guild to fail. I was guild leader of Only the Brave before I left. I left OtB mainly because the guild decided that transitioning into a "hard-core" raiding guild was the path they wanted to take (they had a legacy of democratic leadership) to try to survive a dwindling server population. I had done actual "hard-core" while in CoE and no longer had the heart for the mentality or heavy daily raiding to go through it again. I ended up leaving the game completely and going back to school IRL.

How did you hear about Wreckers?
Nuviana has been telling me about you guys since she tried to talk me into coming with her originally way back when. Mainly because of her I have kept track of you along the way.

Why do you want to join Wreckers?
Well, I'd be lying if I didn't say that Nuvi tells me I would like it there. She knows me pretty well after playing together for years and I trust her opinion. I love raiding but that love is tempered by being an adult with RL commitments to my family and career, and an appreciation for others that feel the same way. Past that, when I see posts on the forums both celebrating raiding accomplishments and assuring people that they don't have to raid to join you, it makes me happy. That mixed mentality is exactly what I am looking for in a guild and it makes me think Nuvi is spot on.

Tell us about yourself as a player:

Attitude: I like to play hard and push my toon and my playing abilities. I don't need latest and greatest but I like to feel like I am moving forward on some level. This should not be interpreted into I think I want to be "end game" I have absolutely no desire to even pretend to that kind of commitment to this game but I do tend to play a lot when I'm not working. Wiping/dying on raids doesn't bother me. I figure if Im not wiping then Im not challenging myself enough. I don't really get into the blame game. If I did something wrong I do expect to be told so that I can fix it in the event I am oblivious to what I did wrong. Particularly if I am boxing I may not be 100% cognizant of what exactly happened, I'm too busy with what I'm doing to worry about what other people did or did not do.

I like helping others. I have a hard time sitting back and letting others fend for themselves if I see things that need doing that I know (or think) I can do. If someone is willing to make some effort to do something, I am usually more than willing to help them out. For example when Only the Brave hit Ashengate I organized flagging nights to get everyone through the task/factioning that was needed for all the wings as painlessly as possible (if any of you remember that, it was a pain when you were depending on lfg to do the tasks). I have variously ended up officer, banker, healer lead, Corpse Run raid leader (aka I dealt with recovering from raid wipes while the actual raid leader revised strat etc) and guild leader more just trying to help or fill a gap than anything else.

Because Nuvi brought up the subject of my boxing in chat:
I do box on my own time. I started out boxing a shaman because the only one my guild had retired and we needed buffs and slows on raids (my very first guild), then our lead cleric quit and it just kinda never stopped. Now I like not having to depend on others to do the things I need done. The idea of not being able to camp AC augs for example, unless I was able to get people to help me, is just not tenable. I can accept that I will need help for some things (like CCing the group In Defense of Lendinaria) but generally, I want to be able to do what I want to do, when I want to do it so it just works better for me to box. If others want to tag along and we camp 2 ac augs that's okay by me too, I like company a lot better than I like mercs most of the time. If you are going to group with me you just might have to accept that I'm probably going to try things I can't do.... repeatedly (aka we are going to wipe, probably a lot) before I either accept I can't do them or find a way to do them.
As far as raid boxing goes, I am a far more effective SK if I am not boxing. That was true before I had taken a 4 year break from raiding, Im doubly sure it is true now. That being said I can accept that a lot of the time it is better for the guild to have a passable SK and a passable cleric than a most effective SK (particularly with SK seeming to be a dime a dozen these days). If constantly asked to play only the cleric however, I will get cranky (sorry, I know she is more needed and I am happy to box her to acknowledge that need but I just don't love playing her the way I love playing my SK or even my Beast).

Finally about me, I have an annoying tendency to ramble and Im not good at self-editing. Sorry, I have been working on it for 15 years it's still a work in progress. This is a lot longer than I had hoped but it should give you an honest feel for what I'm like. I am working on consolidating all my tradeskill hoard into my banks/houses for the transfer. As soon as I can get that done I will submit the request.
Crucibelle

Sometimes to fly, you have to fall.
Jarinu

Post by Jarinu »

Hi mate - more of us are guilty of rambling that you would think....

Look out for Jowdii, Biliy, Fynana, myself or another officer in game for a tag.

Keep in mine we are an Auzi guild so our raid times may not suit you for regular raiding but raiding is not all there is!
"Looks like Maz was right.. - Thoraf"
"Looks like Maz was right.. There can add me to your sig! - Kofn"
"*sigh* 'the maz is right' strikes again! - Zurt"
"Have you noticed that nobody who thinks 'Maz is right' still plays? - Melo"
"Now Melo doesn't play! Cursed! - Fny"
Crucibelle

Post by Crucibelle »

Im a night shifter in the US so your raid times are perfect =)
Crucibelle

Jarinu

Post by Jarinu »

Also ignore the people who say - another SK?! SK's are awesome (when they kite and dont complain about it....) :P
Crucibelle

Post by Crucibelle »

I can kite!! ask Nuvi, im really good at running from things. =D
Crucibelle

Nuviana

Griz

Post by Nuviana »

Yay glad to see you finally here xxx
Nuv

Because i am
Etha

Post by Etha »

hope your working your HStr

Click to see my upto date gear. Pic may be outdated.
Crucibelle

Post by Crucibelle »

uh yeah. Absolutely! :wink:
Crucibelle

Jarinu

Post by Jarinu »

He is a grumpy mage dont mind him - he wants his pets to get more hSTR
biliy

Post by biliy »

Fab App.

Looking forward to forgetting to heal you :)
kritoris

Post by kritoris »

Welcome Griz, see you in game soon. < -(Docterr/Drestara)
Kritoris -105 Warrior
Kruth - 105 Shaman
Kremation - 105 Necromancer
Krogue - 105 Rogue
Crucibelle

Post by Crucibelle »

hey Krit! It so good to hear you are doing so well! I can't wait to see you when you stop globe hopping long enough to get online a bit. lol, Nuvi was telling me what all you were up to these days and it took me a bit to figure out you were Doc.
Crucibelle

Aedryen

Post by Aedryen »

Hey Griz,

Long time :)

Aed (Heals)
Aedryen -The Everdying Druid
Civin - The Purple Bard
Nevyen - No-one...

Retired: Fladora, Healior
Crucibelle

Post by Crucibelle »

wait..... Heals? like Heals Heals? How the heck are you? It's been like ... ages!!!! Great to see you are still playing!
Crucibelle

Aedryen

Post by Aedryen »

Yup the purple Dorf :)

I haven't played much for a while as I starting working in Sydney CBD so travelling was killing me. We recently moved closer to work so will be starting back up again once things settle down :)

Aed
Aedryen -The Everdying Druid
Civin - The Purple Bard
Nevyen - No-one...

Retired: Fladora, Healior