HomeHome  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  StatisticsStatistics  Site StatisticsSite Statistics  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Home made Baked Beans

View previous topic :: View next topic  
biliy

PostPosted: Fri 28 Feb, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: Home made Baked Beans Reply with quote

I looked in the cupboard the other day around teatime and the cupboard was bare not even a small tin of beans for my supper Sad

Then i had a thought, it didn't hurt :p

I have plenty of ingredients floating around, tins of pulses, cannellini beans, borlotti beans and red kidney beans plus a 4 bean mix. There was a several tins of tomato salsa's, relishes etc and of course ketchup and some hotter salmbal's. Just general cupboard things.

I found that a mix of any of the pulses plus some of one of the salsa and I small amount of Sambal Oeleck (hot sauce) gave an absolutely delicious "Spicy home made baked beans like" concoction.

A little salt (really don't need a lot, processed food have shitloads already)and pepper to taste and it done.

Look for a similar consistency to normal baked beans, sauce vs bean mix.

It was so simple, I looked at a few recipes afterwards but honestly, just play with it, it was silly easy.

PostPosted: Fri 28 Feb, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject: home made beans Reply with quote

cheats soup is a can of baked beans, can of tomato soup (add water on directions) and a chorizo sausage.

Fry the chopped chorizo for a min or two then tip in rest and simmer. 5 minute dinner.

Goes well with toast or crusty bread to dip in.

Note: Heinz big red is the only tomato soup I use , the rest are too watery.

Because i am
biliy

PostPosted: Sat 01 Mar, 2014 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Home made Baked Beans Reply with quote

Ya I treid something similar, use Campbells condensed to control the thickness/water content

Smile

PostPosted: Mon 03 Mar, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Home made Baked Beans Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon 03 Mar, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Home made Baked Beans Reply with quote

Oh yeah baby!!

Try Asofoetida (with caution and store in sealed container bc it REALLY STINKS) with Dhal's / pulses, I eat em all the tine but yuo will still fart like a trooper!

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon 03 Mar, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Home made Baked Beans Reply with quote

is THAT what I was smelling that night biliy, I just thought it was the lingering smell of the pub Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wreckers Forum Index -> Wrecker Recipe's All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: