Questions if you don't mind...EDIT ~ Application

Moderator: Officers

Newt

Questions if you don't mind...EDIT ~ Application

Post by Newt »

Greetings,

I returned from a long absence (2004, a bit in 2008 I think). I restarted in August trying out a few classes and servers and randomly ended up on Bertox with my Druid. I do have a few questions if you don't mind.

1) I am only level 70 and level slowly as I work on AA's and am busy out of game. Is that an issue to have a casual/moderate player? Am I too low a level?

2) While I am in California, I tend to play late (8/9 pm my time) until midnight or later most nights? I do travel for work sometimes (like tomorrow through Wednesday). I see that if I do raid it would be early morning which would be fine as I go to bed early and wake up early, raid and then off to work.

3) I would be a casual raider at best. Is that an issue?

4) I am a druid and not sure how they are perceived but when I left in 2004, my druid was group desired but nothing more. Is that an issue? I won't change my class.

5) Red wine is enjoyable but nothing beats a Stout. And while I love micro Stouts, Guinness is the nectar of Gods. That is indisputable. Is that an issue?

I am quick witted, off my rocker at times and extremely mature (over 40). My play style is slow and steady (conservative). Just love Everquest. I am looking for a home and have waited until now. Your times seem to match mine and there are numerous active people online when I am. Your board doesn't seem to have a lot of activity but I can live with that.

EDIT: Application response

Character Name: Newt
Level: 70
Class: Druid
Your Time Zone: California (PST, +/- 8 GMT...I'm not a time expert)
Magelo Link: http://eq.magelo.com/profile/2842439
AA Count: 642

Please tell us your previous guild(s) including on other servers:

Why did you leave your previous guild(s)? I have not been in once since coming back 2 months ago. Been gone since 2004 with a short return during a progression server to try it out a few years back.

How did you hear about Wreckers? Do a who all during my times of various guilds, looked at guild recruitment and web searched guild boards. Your times seemed to better fit mine. Ended up on Bertox randomly (short but boring story).

Why do you want to join Wreckers? There seem to be an abundance of players during my hours (late PST) and I love to see/hear chatter. So active members are a huge plus. Also, there appears to be a jovial spirit in what I have read and I enjoy banter.

Tell us about yourself as a player: First off, I am a Halfling so no need to focus on the obvious...super sexy, super intelligent, a lady's man of Norrath. Beyond that, I was previously a Cleric on E'ci until the guild folded in 2000. Then I focused on my alt rogue (up PoP which I enjoyed but missed the healing aspect. I made an alt druid during Luclin and played him when not grouping or raiding with guild as rogues were in demand back then. I dabbled a bit on FV as well for fun when it opened.

I love the versatility of the druid and I hear I can heal decently at higher levels (never higher than 65 until now). I use to love healing as a cleric but that was back when 50 was the cap. Also, the druid fits my personality in many ways. One unfortunately is the wanderer....I get lost!

A lot of zones are new to me so I am slow to find them or get around in them. There are a lot of new spells that I have no idea if I need them as it seems like I just got one 2 levels earlier but upon research, there is a slight tweak to the buff or snare that is not on the other. So I am learning still. There is more but no need to bore you any further.

Respectfully,

Newt the Halfling of Southern California
American Stout Admirer
Last edited by Newt on Mon 04 Nov, 2013 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nuviana

druid

Post by Nuviana »

a druid that likes red wine. hmmm
Nuv

Because i am
Kiizze

Post by Kiizze »

What you see of the board is not active - but oh the drama unfolds when you get into the members area.

Sounds like your wacky enuf to fit in, and we all have things that take us away from Norrath occassionally.

Pity you're not in Aus - Nuviana loves red wine drinking druids.

Anyways carch me or one of the officers, Thoraf (da boss), Curtis (the other one who must be obeyed), Aethgar, Jarinu, Artreth (raid leader), Kritoris (when he's not jet setting around) for tag.

Kiiz
Newt

Post by Newt »

I am heading out of town on a trip today so when I get back Wednesday evening I will reach out in game. I will look for a formal application and see if I can get that out before I leave.

Never been to Australia but someday, once I get all 3 kids through college (one in and two are several years out).

Oh, I am a zin and merlot drinker mostly or stout beers. Thank you for both of your responses!

Newt the Druid
Halfling, Sexy...same thing!