Searching for Cold Fury players

Moderator: Officers

Mordi

Post by Mordi »

Hey, this is Mordi for those who remember :).

Weird what you find when you search for "Cold Fury Quellious" on Google :).

I'm currently playing WoW mostly on Frostmourne server as one of Morbink/Minibink/Mistbink... basically anything with "bink" in it's name is probably me or my wife :).
biliy

Post by biliy »

Gimp!!

Shoes, freezer..nuf said :)
Mordi

Post by Mordi »

rofl that was a good night :).
Jowdii

Post by Jowdii »

Hi Mordi,

Good to see you still lurking =)

(Lujan)
ImageImage
ImageImage
Knobbins

Post by Knobbins »

Mordi wrote:Hey, this is Mordi for those who remember :).

Weird what you find when you search for "Cold Fury Quellious" on Google :).

I'm currently playing WoW mostly on Frostmourne server as one of Morbink/Minibink/Mistbink... basically anything with "bink" in it's name is probably me or my wife :).
Re-invite me already, sick of being without guild tag yet again.

Love from Knobbins the missing bard (Druvtal - where the hell did you transfer my character? I had an active account with no characters to be found on any server! :D )
biliy

Post by biliy »

Havent seen Druv anywhere in an age
alternaty

Post by alternaty »

Hi Mordi, I miss you.

Love,
Alternaty
Moonsical

Post by Moonsical »

Nice to see some old names :)

Mordi got married? Tell your wife I'm sorry...:P
Jowdii

Post by Jowdii »

OMG <3 @ Moonsical :)

<-- formally Lujan
ImageImage
ImageImage
biliy

Post by biliy »

Once a pOOn always a pOOn though :)
Lirael

Post by Lirael »

Hi all. Some names I havent seen for a while, thought I would go looking and found this thread, yay google.

Playing EQ again on the TLP server Lockjaw, its pretty fun to go back to basics, theres an AU guild on there, they just sorta starting out though.

Anyone seen/heard from Isaburu recently?
biliy

Post by biliy »

Nope not a squeak :(
Chordling

Post by Chordling »

Formerly Ridden in CF, some of the best times I've had in this game was raiding under Mordi's leadership /wave.
Lirael

Post by Lirael »

biliy wrote:Nope not a squeak :(
Damn, every guild needed a crusty old bastard and he was CF's. I know where he worked but havent seen him there for a while :(

Bit of an odd question, but does anyone still have any details of CF's old DKP system? I remember the general functions and process, but not quite the specifics, always thought it was the best I have ever seen.
Jowdii

Post by Jowdii »

There were forumlus used to calculate the cost of an item (up to 20 points max if i recall correctly)

Person with the highest attendance / balance would win.

The amount paid was then distributed to the toons in attendance.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Lirael

Post by Lirael »

Jowdii wrote:There were forumlus used to calculate the cost of an item (up to 20 points max if i recall correctly)

Person with the highest attendance / balance would win.

The amount paid was then distributed to the toons in attendance.
Wasnt there a set pool of points, if a person joined the guild they had a starting balance or something like that? When they left points were deducted or redistributed?

My memory is a bit hazy on the finer details :(

I recall well if no points were spent then no one earned anything and there were no discounts or cheap loot, either spend the points or it was destroyed/banked where appropriate and sometimes people were forced to take some loot if they were seen to be holding out for one item to the detriment of the guild.

I wish I could remember more about it, most DKP systems I have seen in games before and since are always pretty weak and easy to manipulate, the most important part of the old CF one was if no one paid, then the loot was destroyed making sure no one got anything for free no matter who you were.

I am not sure its a very popular model, but definitely one of the most fair for the greater community of the guild imo :)

If anyone else remembers more specifics I am keen to hear them!
Vandarye

Post by Vandarye »

I do miss being yelled at by Mordi I have to say. As one of the few Americans I always was bummed I never got to go to an outing. Looking for a new game to play though. What's everyone up to?

PS Hi Moon!

Vandarye/Ericka
Retired
Knobbins

Post by Knobbins »

Anyone interested in getting back into EQ and reminiscing about the old days, doing the raids etc without needing 40 people should look into the Imperium emulator server. I play over there and everything is balanced around 1 or 2 characters (you can box). I have done everything from Classic to GoD solo as a Warrior so it can pretty much be done by any class. Head over to http://imperiumserver.boards.net/ and check it out. Look me up on Vallik/Fyros/Deakin or PM Vallik on the Imperium boards for a hand getting everything up and running if needed. I promise you will have a blast.
Fnyanna

Post by Fnyanna »

Lirael wrote:sometimes people were forced to take some loot if they were seen to be holding out for one item to the detriment of the guild.
Did you guys need to force Kanria (Sciro) to take loot often???
Jynxi

Post by Jynxi »

Nobody remembers there favourite dark elf?
biliy

Post by biliy »

who??
/wink

Btw i don't remember anyone being forced to loot stuff, not entirely sure that's even possible.
uloff-eq

Post by uloff-eq »

OMG... I just did the "Cold Fury" EQ search and happened upon this thread.

Still playing EQ2 for some reason (It's been over 10 years now) but play a tank so I can channel my inner Mordi.

Hope all you old CFers are doing well~!!!!!!

~Uloff Bigkev~
Jarinu

Post by Jarinu »

Woot !
"Looks like Maz was right.. - Thoraf"
"Looks like Maz was right.. There can add me to your sig! - Kofn"
"*sigh* 'the maz is right' strikes again! - Zurt"
"Have you noticed that nobody who thinks 'Maz is right' still plays? - Melo"
"Now Melo doesn't play! Cursed! - Fny"
uloff-eq

Post by uloff-eq »

Bit of an odd question, but does anyone still have any details of CF's old DKP system? I remember the general functions and process, but not quite the specifics, always thought it was the best I have ever seen.
I used to run the DKP system (until I passed it on to Atheos, from memory) - I have it all backed up and on my machine somewhere.... But yeah, the system was called "Points In Points Out". You had 50 points when you joined the guild and points got distributed to all those who were on a raid for the value of the item bought. Items had predetermined values (a contentious element) and there was no auction - whoever had to most points and wanted the item simply won it. Theory was everyone would always average 50 DKP... I believe this got abused a few times (DKP bonus which happened once or twice which caused us to invent a guild character to hold the deficit) where the average ended up not being exactly 50 and I'd have to rebalance the DKP and make everyone annoyed that they'd lose DKP... fun times! When people left their DKP surplus or deficit would have redistributed to the active player base... (I remember people getting shitty about this from time to time too) I also remember the DKP hoarders - they used to be quite the imposing force for new members who had bugger all hope of getting the best most shiney items.

Oh, I know a few people have asked with Druv is - well, he and I set up a company (pretty cool when you consider we met playing EQ1) and we've been working for that for over 10 years ;)

Ok, enough from me...
biliy

Post by biliy »

uloff!!

Man, awesome to see your post and glad you (and Druv) going great :)