An Audience With Brell Serillis, Sat August 20th first up...

Moderator: Officers

kritoris

An Audience With Brell Serillis, Sat August 20th first up...

Post by kritoris »

I know we generally never call events in advance, but I feel this is an exception to that.

We are able to currently get a force into Convorteum, but it takes a lot of piggying, adding offline mains and dropping bots etc. Which last night took up about an hour of the raid.

So would be really great to see as many on tomorrow as we can to get the flag for this event which is ALL you need to zone into the convorteum instance through banner, iirc need group access too to zone in normally.

Those who are already flagged I thank you in advance for your help in getting this done quickly so we can return to Convorteum for events 1, 5 and possibly beyond.

Cheers, Krit.
Kritoris -105 Warrior
Kruth - 105 Shaman
Kremation - 105 Necromancer
Krogue - 105 Rogue
Saburo

Post by Saburo »

I think you will find that most of our members don't regularly check the forums. Have an Officer update the GMoTD with what you want also.

Oh and for planned events try and give a few days notice.
kritoris

Post by kritoris »

I told people in raid last night, just thought I'd post it here too ;)
Kritoris -105 Warrior
Kruth - 105 Shaman
Krogue - 105 Rogue
Jarinu

Post by Jarinu »

Heya all - wont be able to attend this one - have a family friend comming over for dinner (and to help me fix a leak in our shower) wont be about for raid.
"Looks like Maz was right.. - Thoraf"
"Looks like Maz was right.. There can add me to your sig! - Kofn"
"*sigh* 'the maz is right' strikes again! - Zurt"
"Have you noticed that nobody who thinks 'Maz is right' still plays? - Melo"
"Now Melo doesn't play! Cursed! - Fny"
Micahle

Post by Micahle »

Hopefully I'll be on for this, but Ray's not out of hospital and if it's tomorrow then that's another trip into Sydney, so hopefully I'm not too tired. Will see how the day goes.
kritoris

Post by kritoris »

Keep in mind guys we will repeat this event again after today. Ideally we want every main and regular bot flagged, until that happens I'm hoping we can get enough through so that piggying is easy. 8)
Kritoris -105 Warrior
Kruth - 105 Shaman
Krogue - 105 Rogue
Ridgy

Post by Ridgy »

HI Krit,

I'll be there mate :-)

Happy Hunting.
Ridgy

Seranaide Melody - 90 Bard
Mozzie Skeeto - 90 Cleric.

It isn't God I have a problem with, it's most of his fan club I can't stand!
Aedryen

Post by Aedryen »

I am still at work, so with a 2 hour trip home unlikely I will be online tonight, if one of the officers could log me in then SMS me on 0423780208.
Aedryen -The Everdying Druid
Civin - The Purple Bard
Nevyen - No-one...

Retired: Fladora, Healior
Saburo

Post by Saburo »

I'm patching!
Ridgy

Post by Ridgy »

What a bunch of wank that was. Ruined my whole Sat night, regardless of the well win.

But goes to show you Hot is very popular for gear, went for allot of dkp! Not to mention the ability to get rank3 spells.

Heck, even the GL was so excited he bid on things he didn't need, and looted someone elses :-)

Happy Hunting.
Ridgy

kritoris

Post by kritoris »

That is a very bold remark and quite disapointing to come
from one of our full time raiders.

I had hoped we would appreciate that we call raid targets that are in the best interest of the guild as a whole.

Given that we have beaten 6 new events in a week
(record?) I really struggle to see what is upsetting.

At the end of the day we do not force anyone to raid, I feel we
Do it to have fun, strengthen our raid force and experience all of
Everquest.

It's an awesome reality check.
Kritoris -105 Warrior
Kruth - 105 Shaman
Krogue - 105 Rogue
Gnobuff

Post by Gnobuff »

Grats on the win,

Sorry I couldn't make it, I was all planning on logging in and then i split a bottle of beer down my beasty computers top fan case, the computer just died :(
I got another media center one and begun to patch that, well by 8:30pm it still had 20mins to go and I was gonna have to reset all my hotkeys etc , bummed out about the beasty also.

As for Well win - grats, honestly you are going to have to do this event so often to get the Rusty keys for the next teir that we'll see loot rot:). It's just good to get it started while it's in it's bugged form - no adds :)
Kiizze

Post by Kiizze »

I'm really shocked at your attitude Ridg - mistakes can happen and how do you know whether he n eeded the loot or not - he rarely loots and I was so excited that he finally was able to get something he wanted...the amount of time and effort he puts into the guild, and the personal support he provides to members is fantastic, shame on you..can only think you must have been drunk when you typed this; you're usually a very considerate and positive person.

Kiiz
curtis

Post by curtis »

He did have a smiley after that line. give him the benefit of the doubt.

Please remember that what we read here is just text with no facial cues or emotion included that is not included in a smiley. Please attempt to read what people say in a "pleasent"' voice first. If it turns out they really did mean to be nasty, then surely you can't be upset about thinking the best of people. There is lenty of time to be disapointed later.

I read that post and thought he was frustrated we didn't beat Audience and disapointed in the well raid in general. He may also have been annoyed that there was some agro in TS3. He then finished the post with a smile on his face having a poke at Thoraf.

Now by all means he may really have been annoyed, but give the benefit of the doubt first, don't jump on him yet.
Jarinu

Post by Jarinu »

Bah first guild first I have missed in quite a long time - gratz all
"Looks like Maz was right.. - Thoraf"
"Looks like Maz was right.. There can add me to your sig! - Kofn"
"*sigh* 'the maz is right' strikes again! - Zurt"
"Have you noticed that nobody who thinks 'Maz is right' still plays? - Melo"
"Now Melo doesn't play! Cursed! - Fny"
Nuviana

win

Post by Nuviana »

aye grats us on a job well done.
Nuv

Because i am
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

yeah I screwed up on the loot bids, meant to bid 75 on both armour and thought I had. didn't even read the raidsay spam and return tells from the bots just looted what I thought I bid on and won.

I paid a full 75 for the mislooted item, and am glad the detrimental focus went to someone who will appreciate it though was happy to pay full price for that also. I'd sent a tell to slimes to make sure he was Ok with me paying approx 10dkp more than his top bid so I think it all worked out.

10 years, I think that's my third loot mistake now.. bound to be more coz I'm a fkn loot whore don't cha know ! :)

Look for my auction on playerauctions ftw and buy my shit yo!

As for audience it was dissapointing not to flag up a shit-ton more peeps to make conv access more a reality. we really need to convert it but I think we are doing fine on it, just twice now those fkn static fields spawning in places we can't access/see.

Just need to firm up tanking possie and maybe keep people away from walls/other obstacles?

Yeah HoT gear is fine and all, and fits into my loot strategy, and I'm glad that we've FINALLY got access to the raids and can hit them now... but the huge amounts of cheap loot that wll come into the guild from Conv will bring FAR more strength to our raid force than my adding a few hundred more HP/mana even further over the top of everyone else for stupid amounts of DKP :P
Slimes

Post by Slimes »

all good by me - not like the armour won't drop again :)
biliy

Post by biliy »

Meh, i missed all the drama!

Dont sweat the small stuff, in days of yore, as GL of Cold Fury, i once bid for and looted a NON SHM item from B and proceeded to loot it on a bot CLR!!

Suffice to say i fined myself and lootbanned myself for 2 weeks!!

Having come to Wreckers fairly recently, i can only say good things about the way you guys seem to treat each other with respect and how much effort officers and senior folks have the patience of angels when (mosty me) they are asked dumb questions or the time sink they spend on getting events/strats done for us all.

tbh I am surprised that only 3 mistakes in so many years have been made.

/group hug
(cept Jowdii cause he is a pOOn)

:)
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

hehe 3 by me :)
Ridgy

Post by Ridgy »

Ummm, I think peeps misunderstood what I meant. My raid attendance is one of the highest in the guild because I enjoy raiding, regardless of target.

As for the brells raid, that failed simply because people are not doing what they are meant to (Hence my wank comment).

Just before brell is pulled all need to go to banner, then when puller has him in the right spot all hug brell and stay there.

It is easy to see who isn't doing the right thing by changing the camera angle.

I even saw a ranger sitting back and shooting arrows at him :-( That doesn't help.

Also, I get flooded with tells for shammy buffs either during or after mini's. I've made is clear in /gu that a shammy will mgb unity as soon as we are all hugging brell. I cannot single cast unity unless that person is standing right next to me due to the dot that causes spell distance restriction. Which is why it is mgb during brell. Us shammies (Biliy and me) take it in turns, as if we fail, then one of us has it ready for the next shot. Due to the re-cast delay of mgb we can basically do it every 25mins between us.

Also, group unity is over a 12sec cast, so it does at times get interrupted when brell tosses us up in the air. it also has to be timed right as not only for the brell ae's but trying tp keep the group healed.

Happy Hunting.
Ridgy

Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

hopefully people will get better at running when they are remoted and multiple AE's become less of a problem, that said only need to win a few more times and we'll not go back :)
kritoris

Post by kritoris »

Thoraf wrote:hopefully people will get better at running when they are remoted and multiple AE's become less of a problem, that said only need to win a few more times and we'll not go back :)
^^

It's one of those fights that has a lot that can go wrong and not a lot of room for errors. We will have to win it a couple more times and if anyone has any thoughts on how we can do it better, please post on the thread so we can consider them.
Kritoris -105 Warrior
Kruth - 105 Shaman
Krogue - 105 Rogue
Falern

Post by Falern »

Ridgy wrote:Also, I get flooded with tells for shammy buffs either during or after mini's. I've made is clear in /gu that a shammy will mgb unity as soon as we are all hugging brell. I cannot single cast unity unless that person is standing right next to me due to the dot that causes spell distance restriction. Which is why it is mgb during brell.
FWIW the spell range issue is caused by an aura on the visages which fades after 30s-1min after they're dead (check your short term buffs window). I like the MGB unity idea tho. At the end of the visages I'm running around trying to rez everyone I can so I might appear on your camera angles as "not doing the right thing", but I'm happy to stop for anyone who would prefer that I don't rez them ;)

Falern.
Saburo

Post by Saburo »

Kritoris wrote:
Thoraf wrote:hopefully people will get better at running when they are remoted and multiple AE's become less of a problem, that said only need to win a few more times and we'll not go back :)
^^

It's one of those fights that has a lot that can go wrong and not a lot of room for errors. We will have to win it a couple more times and if anyone has any thoughts on how we can do it better, please post on the thread so we can consider them.
Sure here you go;

1. Aggro Control

Melee (especially) need to pay attention to the DPS off calls. Turn attack off and dump your target (ESC key). Wait until at least 3-5 seconds after the Audio Trigger goes off before re-acquiring your target and attacking.

Conversely. Tanks. Don't turn attack off and don't stop taunting.

Reasoning: There should be no way I can get to to the top of the hate list when I have been using this method and yet I still do. Most of the time I notice I'm tanking and feign back onto the tank (lost DPS) however if the Visage gets a lucky round or 2 off on me I die. This equals vastly reduced DPS for Phase 3. The more DPS we lose and have to get back in Phase 2 = less chance of winning Phase 3.

2. Phase 3

I don't care if you're the Queen of Sheba, if you don't have a Hotkey /target Static then you are costing us this raid. Relying on your MA in Phase 3 is not enough. MA's can be slow to locate targets. Spam the Hotkey through the entire Phase.

3. Pull location for Phase 3

Last time around someone decided to go with a new pull location. Unfortunately at least 3/4 of the raid and the majority of the tanks, including the one pulling didn't seem to be made aware of this change. A location for Phase 3 needs to be laid out at the start of the raid and the entire raid force should be made to move there to afirm this location before triggering the event.

As soon as your Visage dies you should be moving to the location of Phase 3. Do not sit at the banner. Do not stand around playing with yourself. When Brell goes active (a few seconds after the death of the last Visage) he can immediately spawn a Static Field. If we're still spread out like a bunch of high school cheerleaders then it will make the job of killing it a lot harder.

4. Ranged DPS

I don't care if you lose 8/10's of your DPS by sitting under a mob. This event does not call for insane DPS it calls for close contact shoulder hugging goodness. So I'm looking at you Rangers, Necros, Wizards and whoever else sits more than 10 feet from the feet of the mob. Get in close and give your guild a group hug. If the melee have to move more than 10 feet to pickup the Static Field then overall we lose more DPS than yours alone.