Searching for Cold Fury players

Moderator: Officers

uloff-eq

Post by uloff-eq »

<3 Biliy~!
biliy

Post by biliy »

Just to tell ya'all an Uloff/Biliy story....

So, there's me a lad who like a drinky :)

A few years back, i asked my lovely partner at the time to marry me and we invited around 100 odd folks to the engagement party. Jowdii, Ulofff Roggrok and many, many more EQ and non EQ alike folks in attendance.

Uloff if anyone doesn't know is this MASSIVE guy, 6ft 6'+
I am no slouch in my own right being 6ft 4' but he simply dwarfs me.

Sooooo... my wife to be asks me to do just one thing... that is don't get completely pissed BEFORE the speeches around 11pm and to make sure everyone had a drink. Dutifully i made sure all the ladies (and Jowdii) had their wines and other umbrella'ed creations and the lads all beers of varying sorts.

Comes 11, speeches over... i find Uloff standing next to me with 2 full bottles on wine in hand. I enquire, wtf man.. he just handed me one of the bottles and said

SCULL !!

Suffice to say i was shitfaced by 11.05

THANKS Uloff :)
Jarinu

Post by Jarinu »

Nice one! No guessing his nationality then :P
"Looks like Maz was right.. - Thoraf"
"Looks like Maz was right.. There can add me to your sig! - Kofn"
"*sigh* 'the maz is right' strikes again! - Zurt"
"Have you noticed that nobody who thinks 'Maz is right' still plays? - Melo"
"Now Melo doesn't play! Cursed! - Fny"
Jynxi

Post by Jynxi »

I don't know if anyone with remember this. But The first CF guild get together was at a guy named Zeddiccus(SP?) house. WE were all have a great time when out of nowhere a chick(whith a huge bodyguard) walks in and queue the music, start doing a striptease. Now you can imagine a bunch nerd in a room talking about a video game reaction. It's pretty much all i remember of the night...but ah, what a memory.

Well fuck i just remember that at one point i bent over and she stuck some form of cylindrical object up my ass...ah, memories..
Jowdii

Post by Jowdii »

biliy wrote:uloff!!

Man, awesome to see your post and glad you (and Druv) going great :)
You forgot to say 'we should catch up for a drink in June (or whenever you want) but also when I next hit Syd :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
uloff-eq

Post by uloff-eq »

I've set up a slack channel for the mouldy oldies CF folk who want to keep in touch... PM me if you'd like an invite or send an email to gskcorrigan@hotmail.com

If you do PM - make sure you give me your email address :P
Last edited by uloff-eq on Sat 02 Jul, 2016 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
biliy

Post by biliy »

Slekkers of the world unite!!!
Moonsical

Re: Searching for Cold Fury players

Post by Moonsical »

/bump
biliy

Post by biliy »

Moons!! /wave
Klinn

Post by Klinn »

I don't suppose anyone remembers going to a cross server guild meet in Sydney? Think it was at the Three Monkeys, probably around 2003. Was a couple of us from Stromm, and Bares (Xans) was there from Trib/AN, but I think it was mostly CF people.
Last edited by Klinn on Thu 07 May, 2020 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
biliy

Post by biliy »

i was there mate
Klinn

Post by Klinn »

Wow. High chance we met 17 years ago then.
Gdaymate

Post by Gdaymate »

Do you remember a 7 foot tall pommy bloke??
Klinn

Post by Klinn »

I, uh, don't remember much. :drink:

I remember a particularly driven individual from CF enthusiastically telling me their main goal was to remain the best guild in the timezone. There was plenty of mingling as I recall, so good odds that we did actually chat. I don't remember heights and accents though.
Lirael

Post by Lirael »

Klinn wrote:
Thu 07 May, 2020 10:56 am
I don't suppose anyone remembers going to a cross server guild meet in Sydney? Think it was at the Three Monkeys, probably around 2003. Was a couple of us from Stromm, and Bares (Xans) was there from Trib/AN, but I think it was mostly CF people.
Oh god, the Sydney meet. Yes it was at 3 Monkeys at least for a while and moved to various other places. I remember some bastard kept buying rounds of black sambuca which hastened the decent into oblivion. That weekend got pretty messy! People passing out in someone elses hotel room, hiding shoes in the fridge, and other shenanigans. I recall going to see a movie the next day (Man on Fire if I recall) and then it was more booze that night. This was so long ago that smoking in pubs was allowed, and one of the strongest memories I had was having to go out and buy some new clothes on the second day because what i had stank of smoke so badly!

Not sure what tripped the nostalgia switch but was thinking about the old EQ days, maybe all this COVID-19 lockdown shit. How is everyone? I have been through a couple of rounds of progression servers, but got married about 4 years back and moved to Japan (wife is a local) so not much time for EQ these days : :|