Thinking of coming back - questions

Moderator: Officers

Torkeep

Thinking of coming back - questions

Post by Torkeep »

I am thinking about returning to Everquest after a ~10 year absence. How difficult will it be to get a character up to raid level? From the looks of it, I would be a lot of levels and AA behind, but then I read something about Hero AA and levels for gold accounts or something? There doesn't seem to be much info about exactly what that provides, though.
Morlucious

Post by Morlucious »

Its actually not to bad.. With the hot zones it makes exp go pretty fast, u have auto grant AA to lvl 90 ( witch is all aa free till 90), and then once u are 75 if u are fully expanded u get heroic adventures witch makes lvling quick.. Honestly give the free to play a shot and if u dont like it u dont have to pay, but free to play do not get the auto grant AA
Morlucious

Post by Morlucious »

Hopefully we see you around soon :orcsmile:

Creac

Post by Creac »

I came back about 4 weeks ago after being away for 6 years.

Get a Gold (All Access account), get (or upgrade) your toon to "Heroic" which makes it level 85 with lots of AA and appropriate gear for the level. As you level to 90, you get more free AA (so don't worry about earning any from XP on the way).

If you're interested in boxing, it's obviously easier and mercenaries make it even easier.

In 4 weeks of not-constant playing (I work and study and stuff as well), I'm Level 100 on 3 toons.

"But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
All losses are restored and sorrows end."
Torkeep

Post by Torkeep »

Thanks for the help. What about the 7,000 AA raid requirement? That does have me a little worried. From memory a couple of hundred used to be a lot, haha. I also study and have a 7 month old daughter, but raiding every now and then would be nice if possible.
Creac

Post by Creac »

If you go heroic, you'll end up with 8,000 AA (or thereabouts) easily by the time you get from 85 to 105 (you'll have 6-7k just from the heroic thing).

Micahle

Post by Micahle »

Good lord rly...
Creac

Post by Creac »

It's easy to come back, Mica ;-)

Micahle

Post by Micahle »

Computer under warranty repair atm should have it back in a cple weeks... And I'm single again so loads of time.. Might pop in 😉
Torkeep

Post by Torkeep »

So, what am I going to need to know to get back in and play? Things have probably changed a lot in 10 years. Is there something quick I can read to catch up? I managed to get my old account back so once I download the game I will have a look around and see what's what.
Jarinu

Post by Jarinu »

There is a nice tutorial zone you can play arround with with a new characer that will reintroduce you to the basics - the more you already know the facter you will progress through it.

When you emerge you want to find your way arround level 10 to the Plane of Knowledge which has NPCs to continue re-educating yourself.

There is a daily task person that can send you out to do pretty high exp tasks on a daily basis that can help level you. Somewhere along the way you can learn about mercenaries - think of them as automated party members. There are 2 DPS versions of them a healer version and a tank version depending on your class.

Pretty much everyone has one for grouping or if needed that can make slow non group times more palatable.

New equipment slots, Trophies, Tribute, Houses, Guild halls, Zones where your buffs dont run down. The bazzar online version and ability to go ofline selling to other players etc.

Fair bit has changed. Dont rush it.
"Looks like Maz was right.. - Thoraf"
"Looks like Maz was right.. There can add me to your sig! - Kofn"
"*sigh* 'the maz is right' strikes again! - Zurt"
"Have you noticed that nobody who thinks 'Maz is right' still plays? - Melo"
"Now Melo doesn't play! Cursed! - Fny"
Ranideki

Post by Ranideki »

i just read this... info overload.... a bit has happened in 10 years lol going to need the training wheels for this lol