Level 86 bard and alts

Moderator: Officers

Trolololo

Level 86 bard and alts

Post by Trolololo »

G'day ladies and gentlemen, shield maidens and mighty conquerers.

Character name: luvwenx / Mocna / iovol

Level: 86 / 15 / 3

Class: bard / berzerker / enchanter

Time zone: Western Australia - north of Perth

Magelo link: not quite sure what that means. (Edit) oh an equipment and stats builder - currently n/a. Will work on it ASAP.

AA count: 4700+

Previous guilds: Eastern Faith / Forge Souls - 7th hammer

Reason for leaving guilds: Eastern Faith fell apart in early 2000 / joined Forged Souls with friends and eventually resigned around 2006 or 2007 as uni work became the priority.

How did I hear about Wreckers: I clicked the billboard looking shelves in the guild hall area. It showed a list of guilds and had Wreckers advertising asan Aussie guild. Also, I spoke with a Wreckers guild member in game. Cannot recall his/her name, but they were friendly, and directed me to this website to lodge an application.

Why do I want to join Wreckers?: because you are Aussie like me :) I hope to be able to relearn how to play EQ1 and this will be a lot more fun with same time zone mates. Also, the /who all Wreckers revealed a very long list of active players which was comforting and showed you being well organized and active.

About me:
I'm Andy,I 39 yrs old, male, divorced. Tall blonde with green eyes and a lobster red completion. I live NOR in Perth with my 5 month old puppy Daisy :)
About a year ago I was diagnosed with cancer and had to do shit load of chemo. Currently in remossion and on disability leave from work for at least another 1. So much time to play EQ1, hurray heheh.
I have recently acquired an account with a lvl 85 bard from a mate of a mate for a carton of crownies after chatting about games at a barby (a nostalgic fit)' Could not revive my original account because the email addy was so old and created back when Internet was running at 14.4kb/s, and emailing was just taking off. I think my email was mistakenly something like Andy@telstra.Com.Net.Org.au and I could not reset the username/password.
In the last 3 days I've leveled from 85 to 86.6 and grinding hard. Going is kinda slow because I've forgotten a lot and am killing greenies and light blues in Dragonscales. Bard has pretty good equipment from what I can tell by just looking at the cool names and massive stats, but then again, haven't played EQ1 regularly in around 5 or 6 years.
I won't bullshit you and claim I'm great. As a matter of fact I'm kinda just learning how to play a bard. I used to be a lvl 50 Druid with 3aa's as main. Think I also had an enchanter and a warrior or sk alts. Use to be pretty decent player but now since I started playing again. for the past 3 days - I'm having fun trying to remember how to zone (lol). Currently playing the bard as it is the highest level. There is also a mostly naked ogre female berserker with a Fabled 2handed chopper, and a gnome enchanter equipped with some pretty but newbie gear.
After the first day back I thought why the fk did I do this? But soon found myself really enjoying running around and smashing mobs. I'm totally hooked again.
The bard has just over 4700 alternative advance points. Armor seems to be a suit of set items. Chest piece has something like 220AC. The weapons he wields are pretty good, although I don't remember what they are called. The bard also has 2 full bags of click-able items with buffs. There are also many instruments and every kind of illusion mask.
I'd love to join the guild and have an opportunity to relearn the game. I'm kinda rambling on a bit, must be the coffee and painkillers kicking in. Normally in game I'm rather reserved, quiet and don't talk much unless I have questions about quests or how to get to a specific zone. I know a shit load of stupid jokes lol.
Not sure what else to write except for I hope you accept me into the Wreckers guild and allow me to ask a lot of questions about the game and maybe even group with me sometimes.
Great, cheers. Thanks for considering my application and I look forward to smashing ghouls and goblins aside you!!!
Cheers
leidana

Post by leidana »

That's a name I haven't heard/seen in a long time.
Jarinu

Post by Jarinu »

LMAO - Heya Luv if its really you - but pretty sure the answer is still

No

Zearu need some kind of timeless quote from you to insert here
"Looks like Maz was right.. - Thoraf"
"Looks like Maz was right.. There can add me to your sig! - Kofn"
"*sigh* 'the maz is right' strikes again! - Zurt"
"Have you noticed that nobody who thinks 'Maz is right' still plays? - Melo"
"Now Melo doesn't play! Cursed! - Fny"
Mynks

Post by Mynks »

read the about me jar its not the luv we had in guild, or at least the player behind the bard is different.

Heya luv what name did you play as on 7th?? i used to play with a lot of FS players years ago. left 7th during first server mergers (05?).
Mynks BeenieBabyofDeath
Some nomes never die, they just become deaths playthings.
Jarinu

Post by Jarinu »

Fair call - like I said if its not the original owner - you should be aware the previous owner of a Bard by the same name used to be in this guild - he was a troublemaker - was known to use multiquest - caused disruption and general unrest.

I would recommend a rename. Happy to consider you on your own merits
Trolololo

Post by Trolololo »

Hi thanks for replying to my application. Un or perhaps Fortunatelly I only met the original account holder briefly at the BBQ. I'd describe him as a very Self confident 20 something kid who drunk too much too fast and heckled everyone till he got too messy to talk lol. Nah j/k but he was kinda annoying and bragged about how awesome his Minotaur shammy is in WoW. ...

On 7th hammer I played a halfling Druid with name generator made name. Cannot quite recall it, maybe Brambolo McCheesyfurfoot but I'm not sure.
Forged Souls was very good guild to be in. I remember our main tank at one stage had almost 1000AC ! And we were raiding/wiping towards that necromancer boss in a dog men beasties castle thingy in kunark.

I'm rather excited to be playing EQ1 again. Although I have not logged in today as yet, I am giddy with anticipation to chop some mechanical spiders after nandos dinner tonight lol.

Do you guys have a vent or ts channel avail to join? Would be nice to chat and group with some alts other newbies around my lvl.

Cheers
Jarinu

Post by Jarinu »

I would recommend joining the "wreckers" channel which is our general "guests and pop in to say hello" channel. Raid nights is when the bulk of us are about but there are usually a number of players doing things on off nights. That said not sure everyone uses the channel like we used to :P

Its raid night tonight (tuesday) thursday and sunday - 7pm AEST to 10pm.

Fair call on the previous owner. Autojoin the channel and say hello. If you get resounding silence it might be cause we are mid target and Art is swearing at us :P (jk)

Chat to any officer you can directed to also.
Artreth

Post by Artreth »

I dont f**kn swear, now get back in line. MOVE IT
Trolololo

Post by Trolololo »

Thanks Jarinu,
Could your pls remind me how to auto join a channel.
Jarinu

Post by Jarinu »

/autojoin channel 1, channel 2, channel 3, etc (channel # being the name) remember to place commas after each channel's name.
Trolololo

Post by Trolololo »

Hey, I'm currently soloing Old Bloodfield. Exp is coming in at around 6% per hour. Seems a bit slow, should I go elsewhere.
Trolololo

Post by Trolololo »

O dear o dear. I did a name change and it stuck. Didn't think it would so I am now Trolololo Hlolololoh.
Jarinu

Post by Jarinu »

OK yeh thats disturbing

But yes better than Luvwenx

Just the first name for the board account rename when you can :)

Look for Jowdii, Myself, Artreth or Biliy for a guild tag. Was good talking to you last night. (and hearing you die to nameds in old bloodfields - snigger :P )
Jarinu

Post by Jarinu »

Seems that Luvwenx , Trollollolol, oxo'gravy has moved on.

Nothing to see here....