HomeHome  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  StatisticsStatistics  Site StatisticsSite Statistics  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nappy Rash ... Ewww

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Artreth

PostPosted: Wed 11 Aug, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Nappy Rash ... Ewww Reply with quote

Hey Miru or any mothers/fathers out there,

Just wondering if you know anything that can be used to cure really really bad nappy rash (can PM Photo's to show how bad it is if you really wanna know) ...

My son has these lumps all over his man bits and ass which have flared up over last two days and are causing him immense pain ... so much so the lil guy cant even sit down without crying ...

So far we have tried:

- Corn Flour/Bicarb Soda
- PawPaw Ointment
- Vaso
- Curash Cream
- Curash Baby Powder

Only thing that seems to appease him is giving him a warm bath, wash off everything then let him run around naked ... which obviously has its consequences ...

The crying gets so bad that he starts shaking, and it is really starting to worry me/my fiancee ... last night we took him to the local hospital, and they sent us away with some cream that has caster oil in it without even looking at it ...

Either way, we have a doc appt today and I have taken the day off work to be with him ... and was just wondering if any of you mothers/grandmothers or even the fathers/grandfathers have a miracle cure for nappy rash.

Any help would be appreciated

Kind Regards

Art

Gisz

PostPosted: Wed 11 Aug, 2010 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Nappy Rash ... Ewww Reply with quote

Bepanthen is what we use and you need to put it on everytime ya change him.sound pretty bad id go to the chemist n ask them.
varutia

PostPosted: Wed 11 Aug, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Nappy Rash ... Ewww Reply with quote

I completely forgot the name of the cream we use, you can buy from pharmacy easily just ask them. It is one of this tiny grey container with white cream inside, you only need use a bit and works great. I'll have to look it up when I go home, as we have not had to use it for a long time now. Ours was never as seriously as what you described as well.

Hospital usually are so busy these days, I wouldn't go there as first choice. GP is a better option in this case in my experience. With case as serious as you described, it is a good idea to visit the GP.
Jarinu

PostPosted: Wed 11 Aug, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Nappy Rash ... Ewww Reply with quote

I think we used the same stuff as a couple of posts up for Mia.

"looks like maz was right..... - Thoraf"
"Looks like Maz was right...
There you go, can add me to your sig! - Kofn"
"*sigh* "the maz is right!" strikes again! - Zurt"
"Have you noticed that nobody who thinks 'Maz is right' still plays? - Melodionxxx"
Artreth

PostPosted: Wed 11 Aug, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Nappy Rash ... Ewww Reply with quote

We just got back from the gp and it is thrush not nappy rash, so we have gotten some other cream which the gp prescribed ...

Jarinu

PostPosted: Wed 11 Aug, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Nappy Rash ... Ewww Reply with quote

Poor little guy - no wonder it was uncomfortable...

"looks like maz was right..... - Thoraf"
"Looks like Maz was right...
There you go, can add me to your sig! - Kofn"
"*sigh* "the maz is right!" strikes again! - Zurt"
"Have you noticed that nobody who thinks 'Maz is right' still plays? - Melodionxxx"
Artreth

PostPosted: Wed 11 Aug, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Nappy Rash ... Ewww Reply with quote

yeah, poor little thing was in terrible pain ... hes been alot better since we went to the GP ... and the doctor gave me a second day off if he is still bad tomorrow ... so should be pretty good ...

Only problem with that being there are only two people that can do my job, me and one other ... and the other guy is on annual leave at present ... so no one is doing the work we need to do ... which is why I am thinking I will go into work tomorrow, and have my fiancee call me if he gets too bad ...

Sonna

PostPosted: Wed 11 Aug, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Nappy Rash ... Ewww Reply with quote

Awww poor little man!! hope he is better soon!!!

Here is what we do for nappy rash our little one can get it rather bad when she gets teeth.

I have found curash is crap, we use Bepanthen on Mia the trick is, only use a very small amount and rub it in some (this is so the skin can still breath some but will still provide a barrier) then give it a light dusting with some baby powder. The baby powder stops the cream from rubbing off on the nappy.
If possible i also let her get about in the buff some to let it air, i do advise tho to wait until there has been a movement first ....
Micahle

PostPosted: Thu 12 Aug, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Nappy Rash ... Ewww Reply with quote

Bepanthen works wonders on all kinds of things too.. We still keep it around.

Littlefkn
Ezzeryen

PostPosted: Thu 12 Aug, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Nappy Rash ... Ewww Reply with quote

yeah thats good stuff used it on both my girls
Miruwin

PostPosted: Thu 12 Aug, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Nappy Rash ... Ewww Reply with quote

Just as an addendum, when I was raising kids, the best thing i found for nappy rash was Amolin - don't know if its still available

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Saburo

PostPosted: Fri 05 Aug, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Nappy Rash ... Ewww Reply with quote

Maya05 wrote:
Diaper rash is a generic term applied to the skin irritation that develops in the region of the layer-covered and diseases caused by various irritants. It causes the baby's skin to become sore, red, scaly, and tender. In severe cases, the buttons cause a rash, blisters and sores on the buttocks of the child, the thighs or genital area. If the rash is infected, it can be pink and the skin may become swollen. Small red spots or stains can also be spread over most of the rash, even outside the area covered with layers.

PostPosted: Fri 05 Aug, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Nappy Rash ... Ewww Reply with quote

do not respond to spammers. They very rarely get thru our system. But when they do, best to ignore them until i delete them.

PostPosted: Fri 05 Aug, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Nappy Rash ... Ewww Reply with quote

Curtis wrote:
do not respond to spammers. They very rarely get thru our system. But when they do, best to ignore them until i delete them.

I honestly didn't even register that it wasn't a standard Wreckers person. I just never understood why people necropost.

PostPosted: Mon 13 Aug, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Nappy Rash ... Ewww Reply with quote

Though it's not nappy rash, if there is any other irritation from the sticky brown or #1 liquids

DESITIN!

Thick & Strong, make rash go away!

http://www.desitin.com/

Quite a lot faster acting than curash, might have more zinc oxide.

GL with sore bums! Smile
tavrah

PostPosted: Mon 13 Aug, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Nappy Rash ... Ewww Reply with quote

When our boys were small we used Zincofax ... or my mom's treatment of room temperature lard and corn starch worked as well ... at least it kept stuff off the rash, and it cooled the skin ... but Zincofax worked wonders, no clue what you call it down there though.
Aedryen

PostPosted: Tue 21 Aug, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Nappy Rash ... Ewww Reply with quote

What nappies are you using? better to treat the cause as well as the outcome (even if it was Thrush)... We have found (after three boys) that Huggies while being the most expensive are also the best nappies (much like Telstra really ).

To treat the rash we used Bepanthen and also let the boys run free alot until the rash went down...but Thrush isn't fun Sad hope he is all better now

Retired: Fladora, Healior
Artreth

PostPosted: Wed 22 Aug, 2012 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: Nappy Rash ... Ewww Reply with quote

Son is all good now Aed, this was from back in August 2011.

We were using cheaper nappies back then, but have changed over to BabyLove Nappies, and he never had any further issues.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wreckers Forum Index -> Ask Miru All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: