Shawny - Cleric

Moderator: Officers

Shawny

Shawny - Cleric

Post by Shawny »

Character Name: Shawny
Level: 76 as of May 13th
Class: Cleric
Your Time Zone: GMT -6 (Houston, Tx, USA)
Magelo Link: http://eq.magelo.com/profile/2305501 (not updated)
AA Count: 186

Please tell us your previous guild(s) including on other servers:

1) Adjudicators of Wrath - Cazic-Thule (prior to server mergers) ~1999-2002

2) Far Seekers - The Rathe (prior to server mergers) ~2002-2004

3) I'm currently tagged in LizEriadoc's "holding" guild to have guild perks and keep spammers from asking me to join their guild. I can detag from that at a moment's notice if accepted...Liz gave me permission:)

Why did you leave your previous guild(s)?

1) Overall burnout after guildies started leaving the game. So I took an 11 month hiatus until I met LizEriadoc when we started working together...which led me to a fresh start on The Rathe with Far Seekers.

2) Blizzard came out with this game called World of Warcraft. Maybe you have heard of it? It was an okay game that held my attention long past Far Seekers dispersing. :)

How did you hear about Wreckers?

LizEriadoc talked me into playing EQ for the second time in the last decade. I naturally started a new toon when the game went F2P on Bertoxx (My account is now Gold). He and I were guildmates, along with Eamdaria, in Far Seekers on The Rathe back in the day. He is constantly saying great things about Wreckers!

Why do you want to join Wreckers?

LizEriadoc says you are a top notch group of people and no one else on the server compares. I love the guild policies and general outlook of keeping the game, a game.

Tell us about yourself as a player:

Old school MMO'er dating back to Ultima Online (which I left for EQ). In my younger days, I was more of a hard core raider type, which I still have that fire in me...but reality has me as more of a casual player these days. I'm a stubborn player not easily giving up on a task simply because it takes too much time or is tedious. I like to set a goal and go after it, whether it's a solo personal goal, or a guild major goal. If I fail along the way, I like to figure out why and fix it. I'm a glutton for punishment, I guess. Afterall, I'm playing a Cleric...in EQ, need I say more? :)

*Edits to keep character info up to date
Last edited by Shawny on Mon 14 May, 2012 1:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Shawny
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

Heya bud. liz is top notch, I look forward to catching up with you in game soon !

Good app post btw...goals and community... that's what EQ is about.
tavrah

Post by tavrah »

CLERIC ! 'nuff said :)
The best thing I was ever told was ..." Gramma! I love you ... Forever !"
Shawny

Post by Shawny »

Thank you Thoraf:)

I look forward to talking to you as well, providing the time difference allows! I would really like tapping into your knowledge (or any other experienced cleric) because I am often at a loss on my progression path. Liz provides great input and general advice, but getting advice from an experienced cleric to help leveling efficiency would be absolutely awesome:)

I keep searching for a general AA placement guide to maximize efficiency while I level...but I have yet to really find a good one. The only one I can find in a format I'm looking for is based on F2P/Silver 1k AA limit HERE. However, I am Gold, and therefore don't think that's necessarily the best path for the first 1k AA...or is it?

Opening the AA window and trying to figure out where to put a few points in a seemingly bottomless pit of choices is a little daunting!

Talk to you soon!
Shawny
LizEriadoc

Post by LizEriadoc »

This guy's a terrible cleric! Every time I cannibalize, it takes him forever to heal my 30K damage, and he can't even cast Credence on me!

:D

He's Wrecker material, fo' sho. Hope you all get a chance to hang out with him.
LizEriadoc

Post by LizEriadoc »

Shawny wrote:I keep searching for a general AA placement guide to maximize efficiency while I level...but I have yet to really find a good one. The only one I can find in a format I'm looking for is based on F2P/Silver 1k AA limit HERE. However, I am Gold, and therefore don't think that's necessarily the best path for the first 1k AA...or is it?

Opening the AA window and trying to figure out where to put a few points in a seemingly bottomless pit of choices is a little daunting!

Talk to you soon!
Rule of thumb for AA placement: Ask yourself "How does this AA help Lizzy?" and you'll be good.
Shawny

Post by Shawny »

LOL! Well, Lizzy IS the most efficient way of leveling, for sure! So the rule of thumb does apply there!
Shawny
varutia

Post by varutia »

Not really much interesting in general, following are what come off top of my head.

combat stability 1-18 (since you are not a tank, rank after 18 not as important)
combat agility 1-18 ( see combat stability)
runspeed 1-5
mystic shielding 1
mystic attuning 1-17 (more of a raider thing after first few levels)

Most of rest are really optional, some are nice to have but really do not do that much for you, for example some extra stats, hps etc.

As you gain more aa, you will want to adjust the spending, for example if you get hit a lot, get more rank of combat stability and agility. Also some extra become worthwhile doing at higher end due to cost to benefit ratio change as you pile on the aa.