HomeHome  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  StatisticsStatistics  Site StatisticsSite Statistics  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No bowl choc bit slice

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saburo

PostPosted: Sat 14 Jan, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: No bowl choc bit slice Reply with quote

Got the recipe (amongst others) from my mum, who I assume got it from hers.

Ingredients:

90 grams melted butter

1 cup biscuit crumbs (about 125g) - crushed plain biscuits like arrowroot etc

1.5 cups choc bits

1 cup coconut

1 cup chopped mixed nuts

400 gram tin of sweetened condensed milk

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Grease a 23cm square slab tin (easier if it's not too high on the sides). Cover with grease paper and pour in the melted butter

2. Sprinkle evenly the crushed biscuites, choc bits, coconut and lastly the nuts. Then drizzle the condensed milk.

3. Bake in moderate oven (180 celcius) for about 30 minutes. Take out of oven.

4. Cool in tray before cutting. Store in fridge.

** I blended the biscuits to make the crumbs then added about 1.5 cups of raw whole nuts, the coconut and then blended it all into a mix. Mixed in the choc bits and then spread the whole concoction over the butter for mine.

PostPosted: Sat 14 Jan, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: No bowl choc bit slice Reply with quote

Looks and sounds yummmmm

Kiiz

PostPosted: Sat 14 Jan, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: No bowl choc bit slice Reply with quote

Kiizze wrote:
Looks and sounds yummmmm

Kiiz

It is!

It's not overly sweet which means it's somewhat ok for the younguns. My 16 month old is enjoying a piece right now. I prefer that over sweet biscuits as it still has coconut and nuts etc. to keep the sugar in check.

Something to remember is when getting the nuts make sure they are unsalted. I had trouble finding bags of nuts unsalted eventually found mixed raw nuts at an IGA.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wreckers Forum Index -> Wrecker Recipe's All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: