Application - Quokka

Moderator: Officers

Quokka

Application - Quokka

Post by Quokka »

Character Name: Quokka
Level: Heroic to 85
Class: Magician
Your Time Zone: +8 GMT (Perth Western Australia)
Magelo Link: Haven't made one yet - but seriously I just heroic'd!
AA Count: 5186 ~ Literally just pinged to 85!

Please tell us your previous guild(s) including on other servers: All on E Marr. I have played a magician since Feb 2000. Guilds include Azreal skies, Hand of Veeshan, Ancient Heroes, Scions of Veeshan, Decade, Paradise of Nameless, and Ne Cede Malice.

Why did you leave your previous guild(s)? This is my first character on this server, I came to join a friend and play outside of my normal raiding time on E Marr.

How did you hear about Wreckers? From Redz

Why do you want to join Wreckers? So I can play with Redz and Imtooshort (the other half!)

Tell us about yourself as a player:
Have played EQ since 2000. Shorty and I met on EQ, we now are together in RL. We don't see characters as just pixels. We know there are real peeps behind the screen and we try to get along with most peeps.

Personally I love playing a mage. I have tried other classes but I don't enjoy them as much.
Jarinu

Post by Jarinu »

Welcome guys - great to have you aboard :)
"Looks like Maz was right.. - Thoraf"
"Looks like Maz was right.. There can add me to your sig! - Kofn"
"*sigh* 'the maz is right' strikes again! - Zurt"
"Have you noticed that nobody who thinks 'Maz is right' still plays? - Melo"
"Now Melo doesn't play! Cursed! - Fny"
Quokka

Post by Quokka »

:D

I have been working hard to get exp and gear to be raid ready. Yes I am 105!
Personally I feel a little light on to be able to raid yet.
With the new "consolidation" of mage aa it is a tad confusing to know at what point I would be ready!

I now have a magelo link so you can see what I have.

https://eq.magelo.com/profile/3785164

Could an officer or mage class lead please take a look.

Thank you
Jarinu

Post by Jarinu »

Gear wise some things well worth aiming to get for a mage bang for buck include the Ancient secondary from Frontier Mountains from Starhowler quest.

Soon as you start raiding you should pickup pretty easily a primary of raid quality

Long term goals are to get as much Spell damage as you can. Also kit yourself out with type 3 105 spell augments for a bit more damage. I dont remember if the 105 level augs are behind progression however but they also add damage to nukes and such along with AA.

I like to get the Brells tradeskill quest lines done at least for that augment - the proc adds damage or mana regen to each nuke so it tends to be a worthwhile long term goal for a caster. Not essential and certainly not easy.

Heroic Intelligence adds Mana pool and mana regen. It also helps increase your Dot and Direct Damage shielding which makes you less squishy ion raids. After that your porobably better off with heroic stamina for a bigger hitpoints pool but others may have opinions there.

If you havent already use the auto claim AA option to catch up on AA. Earlier AA had significantly larger increases in their effects than later levels. Those as free for the win.

Your a mage so your pet is important dps wise. The Flurry / Crit increasing AA lines are big for all types of pet dps. They apply to the gargoyle pet as well as main pet.

Furious AA line also regularly adds dps to your pet damage.

Quick damage I would think is important increasing your nuke speed. Nuke focus AA from the focus tab just get the ones which effect the spells you cast.

The AA that extends the life of your short duration pets increases gargoyle dps also.

Gullerback in Burned Woods (whatever the EOK zone is called) Spawns pretty often and had a neck item which would be better than what you have on. With that and the Secondary your about as good as your going to get to start raiding I recon. Just grind lots of AA somehow.
Quokka

Post by Quokka »

Thank you for responding. It is nice to know where the bar sits and what is required so I dont just join raid and embarass myself and set a bad impression.

Gear wise some things well worth aiming to get for a mage bang for buck include the Ancient secondary from Frontier Mountains from Starhowler quest. - Noted will attempt to get this ASAP!

Soon as you start raiding you should pickup pretty easily a primary of raid quality.

Long term goals are to get as much Spell damage as you can. Also kit yourself out with type 3 105 spell augments for a bit more damage These are in my bag and I forgot to add them all before I sync'd before bed last night, will get onto that too!

I dont remember if the 105 level augs are behind progression however but they also add damage to nukes and such along with AA. TDS Type 3 are not behind progression.

I like to get the Brells tradeskill quest lines done at least for that augment - the proc adds damage or mana regen to each nuke so it tends to be a worthwhile long term goal for a caster. Not essential and certainly not easy. I am very well aware of the tradeskill tye quests and the benefits, Brells, Artisans and the epic type parrot aug in TDS are all on my hit list however will not be completed anytime soon :/

Heroic Intelligence adds Mana pool and mana regen.
This is grinding out planar power AA - its on my todo list!
It also helps increase your Dot and Direct Damage shielding which makes you less squishy ion raids. After that your porobably better off with heroic stamina for a bigger hitpoints pool but others may have opinions there.

If you havent already use the auto claim AA option to catch up on AA. This has already been done!
Earlier AA had significantly larger increases in their effects than later levels. Those as free for the win.

Your a mage so your pet is important dps wise. The Flurry / Crit increasing AA lines are big for all types of pet dps. They apply to the gargoyle pet as well as main pet. This has now been consolidated to 2 lines of AA and I have approximately 36 levels on each of those to max it out. I have already ground a heap of AA into this. For the record, it is now 146 lvls to max companions fury and then the other line to keep them balanced. Not a fast process.

Furious AA line also regularly adds dps to your pet damage. Again, this line was mashed into 1 line for mages. Its a mess :(

Quick damage I would think is important increasing your nuke speed. Nuke focus AA from the focus tab just get the ones which effect the spells you cast. Quick damage AA are done!

The AA that extends the life of your short duration pets increases gargoyle dps also. See merged AA comment :(

Gullerback in Burned Woods (whatever the EOK zone is called) Spawns pretty often and had a neck item which would be better than what you have on. With that and the Secondary your about as good as your going to get to start raiding I recon. Just grind lots of AA somehow. I will attempt to get the neck item ASAP also!

Thank you again for the feedback, it is appreciated.
[/i]
Jarinu

Post by Jarinu »

I guess all I am saying is your gear isnt really lacking. And AA will come with time. Plenty of people have raided with less than where you have gotten to.

the 2 best upgrade for where you are at are definitely Starhowler and the neck item.

plenty of other things to work towards that will get you type 7/8 augs for spell damage and trophies etc.

Big chunks of heroics come from the last 2 expansions worth of type 5 Heroics augs also when thinking about heroic inteligence.