Oldtimer returning to EQ

Moderator: Officers

Ashadonis

Oldtimer returning to EQ

Post by Ashadonis »

Hi Folks!

I'm an old time EQ player (Original-PoP). Life caught up to me and had to step away from the game. When things slowed down I got sucked into WoW for a few years, but that went stale for me after a while. I saw that EQ was going F2P so I figured I would give the old game a try. Man, I nostalgiaed (sp?) hard and am really excited to be back. Needless to say I am paying my 14.99 and could not be happier.

Not really much of an application but here goes:

-Ashadonis the Cleric
-Level 3
-Absolutely awful at the moment because I don't remember anything about the game and what I did remember has changed.
-Has a great attitude and am willing to learn
-Not looking for handouts by any means
-Hoping to meet cool people that are active in the evening (I'm in Hawaii)
-Hoping to raid eventually (I realize I have a lot of leveling, AAing, and learning to do)

There it is in all its glory. I really just want an opportunity to play with some nice and knowledgeable people. When I logged on for the first time the game seemed like a ghost town :(

Thanks a lot guys! Hope to see you in game!
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

heya bud was good chatting with you tonight. hope to see you around lots and will catch up with you soon in game !
Saburo

Post by Saburo »

Wreckers loves Clerics :)
Nopayne

Post by Nopayne »

Hey Ash,

It was nice to meet you the other night. Old school returning players are always welcome - clerics even more so! Hope to see you in game and don't worry about the level and gear things as it will come. Get a rez stick and speed bumps like me will love you forever.

-Nopayne
LizEriadoc

Post by LizEriadoc »

Hi Ash. I just returned to the game about 6 months ago as well. It is definitely a learning curve. Shoot me a tell on Lizeriadoc any time and I may be able to log in one of my alts and come hang out. Looking forward to meeting you.
Ashadonis

ack

Post by Ashadonis »

Haha, thanks for all the nice words guys! Sorry I have yet to be on much. Work and a one year old son have been keeping me busy. My schedule should be opening up shortly. Looking forward to playing with you all!

Ash
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

heya ash thanks for popping in and keeping us up to date with how you're travelling.

we have a number of recent mums/dads here so I'm sure they can all sympathise :)

we'll see you when we do.
varutia

Post by varutia »

EQ changed a lot over the years, so just take your time and enjoy the ride. Hopefully the F2P will inject some lower level populations into the game as well.
Ishlar

Post by Ishlar »

Welcome back to EQ. I'm one of the recents mums and play when i can with a lot of unexpecte afk-ing. Most as pretty cool with that :D

I'm also an old time eq-er and if you need help with anything please give me a shout.

Ish
Adun

Walmart cards

Post by Adun »

If you're going GOLD then you might want to take a look at the triple station cash events or double.

Walmart cards are are $15 USD and may be less if they are on sale. Each card is worth 1500 + 500 bonus SC = 2000 SC.

If you get the Christmas or holiday triple station cash during their 24 hour only sale, then that would be 2000 x 3 = 6000 SC for 15 USD or less if there is a sale at Walmart.

So for only 30 USD or less with triple SC, that would be 6000 x 2 = 12,000 SC. The GOLD membership is 11,988 SC.

A year worth of GOLD status is 30 USD to play Everquest!
varutia

Re: Oldtimer returning to EQ

Post by varutia »

Ashadonis wrote: There it is in all its glory. I really just want an opportunity to play with some nice and knowledgeable people. When I logged on for the first time the game seemed like a ghost town :(
The population concentration is very much tilted towards higher end, mostly due to the age of the game and how easy it is level as well compare to the old days.