Dariole au Chocolat Coulant (AKA Chocolate Torte)

For fun and adventure

Moderators: Miruwin, Officers

Vanillagorilla

Dariole au Chocolat Coulant (AKA Chocolate Torte)

Post by Vanillagorilla »

Ok guys get ready to cream your pantaloons!!!
Broke the recipe down to yeild 1lt, as follows:

Ingredients
-180g Chocolate Couverture (use semi-sweet if no couverture)
-200g Unsalted Butter
-200g Sugar
-6 1/2 Eggs
-96g All purpose Flour

Method
-cut chocolate into small pieces and do the same with the butter!
-melt both together by double boiling untill homogenious mixture
(get a metal bowl and put it on top of a pot with boiling water)
-mix the eggs and sugar together and incorperate the flour
-mix the choco/butter with eggs/sugar/flour mix and temper so eggs dont cook!! (slowly mix the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture)
-in ramakin mold (over safe tiny cassorle dish looking thingy) lightly butter entire mold, then dust with flour
-pour the batter up to 3/4 of the ramakin
-400 C for 8 mins

Trial and error for the temp and time different ovens and that sort of thing, you are looking for it to rise and have a slightly solid layer ontop of the Torte. Good method is to shake it a bit and if it seems a bit firm thats what you are looking for!! When finished turn the mold over and you should have a cake that is filled with goodness!! (should slide out easily with proper dusting of butter/flour)

Serve it with icecream, whipped cream, fruit or whatever you like...
Enjoy, and be ready yo wet your pants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have to give prop's to my sous chef Louic, the french commie for giving me this recipe it rocks your socks.

Aspiring Chef Mr.T aka VG
Aamasie

Post by Aamasie »

Ooooo, sounds soooo yummy, will have to make it.
Miruwin

Ooh - nice

Post by Miruwin »

Can he do a caramel version - I don't really like chocolate
Miruwin

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Vanillagorilla

Post by Vanillagorilla »

Not sure if it can be done, the whole idea of the torte is that when you cook it just right and cut it with a fork it should be like pudding on the inside and cake onthe outside. I will try to get in touch with the pastry chef, he is in montreal and (France) french schooled. I'm no longer working there, but he is on my msn list, I'll ask him when I see him on. Few more days and then I am back at school :(
VG
Borneheld

Post by Borneheld »

That sounds absolutely scrumdiddlyumptious(yummy) :P , I would have to be extremely motivated to do it, first of all I would need to get the ingredients and to do that I would have to be motivated to go to the supermarket and for that to happen I would have to get out of bed and leave my room, ahh and get dressed. If that was all done, I would look at the ingredients for awhile thinking how I would accomplish such a masterpiece in as short a time as possible, while maximising the flavour :idea: , this would take some deliberating over....then I would have to decide wether to eat it on the spot or put it in the frieza....it just ins't fair..dammit..... :D Miruwin :D u wanna come make this for me..how bout it :wink: