Home made Baked Beans

For fun and adventure

Moderators: Miruwin, Officers

biliy

Home made Baked Beans

Post by biliy »

I looked in the cupboard the other day around teatime and the cupboard was bare not even a small tin of beans for my supper :(

Then i had a thought, it didn't hurt :p

I have plenty of ingredients floating around, tins of pulses, cannellini beans, borlotti beans and red kidney beans plus a 4 bean mix. There was a several tins of tomato salsa's, relishes etc and of course ketchup and some hotter salmbal's. Just general cupboard things.

I found that a mix of any of the pulses plus some of one of the salsa and I small amount of Sambal Oeleck (hot sauce) gave an absolutely delicious "Spicy home made baked beans like" concoction.

A little salt (really don't need a lot, processed food have shitloads already)and pepper to taste and it done.

Look for a similar consistency to normal baked beans, sauce vs bean mix.

It was so simple, I looked at a few recipes afterwards but honestly, just play with it, it was silly easy.
Nuviana

home made beans

Post by Nuviana »

cheats soup is a can of baked beans, can of tomato soup (add water on directions) and a chorizo sausage.

Fry the chopped chorizo for a min or two then tip in rest and simmer. 5 minute dinner.

Goes well with toast or crusty bread to dip in.

Note: Heinz big red is the only tomato soup I use , the rest are too watery.
Nuv

Because i am
biliy

Post by biliy »

Ya I treid something similar, use Campbells condensed to control the thickness/water content

:)
Giustin

Post by Giustin »

biliy

Post by biliy »

Oh yeah baby!!

Try Asofoetida (with caution and store in sealed container bc it REALLY STINKS) with Dhal's / pulses, I eat em all the tine but yuo will still fart like a trooper!
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

is THAT what I was smelling that night biliy, I just thought it was the lingering smell of the pub :P