Cupboard Cassoulet

For fun and adventure

Moderators: Miruwin, Officers

biliy

Cupboard Cassoulet

Post by biliy »

Ok, was at home sick all darn week with this dodgy FLU thingy so i have been eatin outta my cupboards/freezer. Anything quick as i havent been well.

For this reciepe IF you have one of those lovely pots you can use on both top of stove and oven with its own lid that is oveproof, tis good for this dish.

Found a couple of Chorizo, any old chicken breast/thigh meat and some garlic in the freezer, in the cupboard...a tin of cannellini beans, couple of onions and a tin of tomatoes. Also chicken stock (or cube). A few mixed herbs too. A splash of. White wine and a tiny amout of oil.

Fry onions with sliced Chorizo (to rend a little which reduces that amount of oil required), add in Chicken to seal and Garlic with the mixed herbs (just be a little careful not to burn the Garlic if too high temp). Add in splosh of white wine and tomatoes and stock to cover everything, bring back to low simmer.

Add beans, chuck in oven at 180C for (well depends on chicken thickness) i would say at least 1 hour.

Once chick is coooked, you can remove all the "bits" from the pan except for a few of the beans which if you would like to have a slightly thicker cassoulet you can mush up (or for more purists use evaporate method) tp obtain required (personal choice) suace thickness.

Was yummy.
Nuviana

yummy

Post by Nuviana »

I make a pretty close verson of this. chuck in some celery seasoning (not celery salt) or if yer keen diced celery, and some capsicums of any color also
Nuv

Because i am
tavrah

Post by tavrah »

ok Nuv what in sam hell is a capsicom? oh lord here we go again this damned Canadian not knowing what your ingrediants are called.
The best thing I was ever told was ..." Gramma! I love you ... Forever !"
Gamanern

Post by Gamanern »

bell pepper?
Nopayne

Post by Nopayne »

green peppers Tav.
biliy

Post by biliy »

Green peppers, but can also have red or yellow and occassionally mulitcoloured.
Nuviana

peppers

Post by Nuviana »

yep.. can add any color or all colors
Nuv

Because i am