Post by tavrah »

Well I can my own sooo here goes

6 cups chopped onion
2 whole heads of garlic ... chopped
2 whole stalks celery .. chopped
6 cups mushrooms .. chopped
2 cups grated carrots
4 cups tomato's ... chopped
Spices ... I use garlic powder, Sea Salt, pepper, oregano, 4 TBSP hot sauce, 1/2 cup mustard, 1/4 cup cayanne pepper ... BUT this is just what I usually use ... you can use whatever spices you prefer.
3 LARGE cans Tomato Juice
2 cans tomato paste

I put the first 5 items into a very large pot and get em cooking, add the spices once veggies nearly done ... Then add the Tomato Juice and Paste ... this is quite thick, but can be used for pizza sauce as well.

Once all is cooked put into jars, lightly seal, place in water half way up the jars .. bring to a boil, boil 15 minutes ... remove tighten and store up to 6 months.

For pasta just have to brown some ground meat and add this to it. I don't like canning meat it goes a funny color and looks stupid, b'sides it only takes 5 minutes to brown some ground meat :) This is great with hamburger / turkey / pork .. whichever you choose.

For Pizza just dump your jar of sauce onto the dough, put on meats / veggies .. cheese ect and bake :)

Hope you enjoy this.
tavrah

Post by tavrah »

Can add grated zuchinni if you like as well. it's great as it adds a veggie ( kids don't need to know it's good for them ) and it takes on the flavor of anything you cook it with.
tavrah

Post by tavrah »

ok just for Thor :)

Large cans of Tomato juice are 1.36 litres or 48 ounces :)

can put in peppers if you like them as well :)

Actually you can use any kind of veggies you like. I put peppers into it but did not add it to this recipe as a lot of people do not like them.

Pretty much any recipe you can adjust to your own taste :) well any I use you can :)
Miruwin

Post by Miruwin »

Trust me - add a little sugar to the sauce and note the improvement in flavour.

Any time you cook tomatoes and don't have anything else with a high sugar content eg capsicum, toss in a little bit of sugar to neutralise the acid bite of the tomatoes. Carrots will give a bit of sugar and if you are really lucky and they are the super sweet ones you sometimes get, there will be enough, but for the most part with just the carrots there won't be.
Miruwin

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
tavrah

Post by tavrah »

True sugar would change the flavor, but as I have diabetes I do not add any ... but your welcome to if you like :)

There are not any hard fast rules to any of my recipes I post ... I use a variety of spices ( depending upon what's in the spice rack, and cupboards, and what my hand grabs )

I always use salt n pepper and usually garlic though.
Ridgy

Post by Ridgy »

I love spag... but have you one for a beef lasagne?

Seranaide Melody - 90 Bard
Mozzie Skeeto - 90 Cleric.

It isn't God I have a problem with, it's most of his fan club I can't stand!
tavrah

Post by tavrah »

sure :) use the spag sauce I posted, add browned hamburger ( well s'what I do ) then :

Mix 1 container of cottage cheese ( I buy the medium one )
1 pkg of sharp cheddar cheese ( just cause I like it ) or grate a brick of cheese
1 pkg mozzerella or monteray jack cheese ( or grate a brick of it )
Or use any kinds of cheese you like
Add 1 egg
salt n pepper or garlic pepper is nice too :) even lemon pepper gives a nice flavor

Layer the noodles, meat, cheese, noodles, meat, cheese ect ect till all is gone ... I bake everything pretty much on 350 till done. :) and I'm lazy I buy the oven ready noodles so when they are done :) dinner is done :)

Eat / enjoy

Instead of noodles you could slice zuchini noodle thick ( so pretty thin ) and use it. It's a change :)
Miruwin

Post by Miruwin »

I'm a diabetic too, but half a teaspoon of sugar in a bucket of pasta sauce won't make much of a difference to your sugar intake.

Besides, the most important thing to watch out for is your low GI foods in preference to high GI
Miruwin

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
tavrah

Post by tavrah »

Your right Minu, I just never do is all. :)