Highest concentration of aussies?

Moderator: Officers

Kowie

Highest concentration of aussies?

Post by Kowie »

Hi :D

I'm someone that played EQ for something horrible like 6 years straight, a large chunk of it in USA raid guilds while I was "studying" aka "preparation for dropping outof uni" I am from Sydney. I want to get back in the game. I figure there is 3 options...

Your server (thoxule?), karana/rathe, or the tribunal.

I really dont want to raid every night which AN on tribunal make you do, well to be honest, not even sure if I want to raid at this stage, so I'm looking simply for a large offpeak population in which I could possibly find groupage. Who am I kidding. I want a raid guild :X For what its worth when I quit I was a 75 rogue with 1k aas and im all anguished up. Twink gear nowadays from what I've heard :P And I'm a dwarf. Small bonuses!

Anyway, who knows what server has more offpeakers in general, doesnt matter if its a raidish server or not?
Vexo

Post by Vexo »

Nope, wrong guild, this is a danish guild!

I lie!

Seems to me that there's a healthy off-peak population on TP. There's a Euro guild and of course Wreckers, which from my experience tends to have quite a number of people online as well.
Kofn
Site Admin

Post by Kofn »

As far as I know there are only 3 "Australian" guilds left.

Your choice is between us on Bertoxxulous, Terror Australis on the Rathe and Aurora Noctum on Tribunal.

Both Wreckers and TA raid 3 nights / week. Wreckers are Mon/Thu/Sat while TA is Sun/Tue/Fri. From what I understand AN have ceased raiding due to attendance problems, although whether that's temporary or indefinite I don't know.

In terms of progression, Wreckers are ~70% of the way through TSS and I expect we'll finish it in fairly short order (with the possible exception of Lethar 2 that is supposedly harder than most of Solteris atm). TA have cleared most of Demiplane and have only a couple of bosses left there to complete DoD expansion. AN was somewhere between TA and Wreckers.

The best way to be sure who is doing what with how many, on both raid nights and off nights, is to create a few level 1 toons on each of the servers and spend a few minutes playing with the /who command.

I imagine all 3 Aussie guilds would love to have another rogue on board. For more info on Wreckers feel free to PM Aamasie or Thoraf, or talk to them in game.
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

Aussies concentrate? Hmm no.. you must be thinking of a different race.

But yeah pretty much as you worked out and Weo confirmed.

Have a chat with TA / AN to get their impressions though, if you haven't already.

And of course whatever you do, chose a guild that you think is the best 'fit' for you. No point joining us if you work thurs/sat nights for intstance, unless you really only want to raid one night a week. :)
Kowie

Post by Kowie »

Thnks for the info :D

I'll take a look around - once I get all the parts for my PC. Building one special for EQ - have used a macbook for 6 months while I wasnt gaming... slight delays though.. No case or CPU - on backorder :( if i had a cpu I would just make the pc and leave it on the table :P or use the fridge! super cooling!

I wish I was a berzerker you know. They're so awesome. I'll never give up hide/sneak though :D
Yalaroo

Post by Yalaroo »

Kowie wrote:...I wish I was a berzerker you know. They're so awesome. I'll never give up hide/sneak though :D
Don't need hide and sneak with a zerker. cos you will have WTFPWN instead!
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

Yeah zerkers aren't overpowered at all.

Well good luck with your hunting any dude. We'll be here regardless of what you decide so feel free to drop in for a chat anytime :)
Jarinu

Post by Jarinu »

Glarks Says..... GLARK SMASH

that is all.
"Looks like Maz was right.. - Thoraf"
"Looks like Maz was right.. There can add me to your sig! - Kofn"
"*sigh* 'the maz is right' strikes again! - Zurt"
"Have you noticed that nobody who thinks 'Maz is right' still plays? - Melo"
"Now Melo doesn't play! Cursed! - Fny"
Zurtle

Post by Zurtle »

He said zerkers... not druids with an axe..