Music

Moderator: Officers

inflames

Post by inflames »

the beatles....respect

love lucy in the sky with diamonds and hey jude
Tiressa

Post by Tiressa »

Some of my favorites by genre, since I could never pick just a few.. I tend to not like entire bands so much as just certain songs, except in the case of country music and my 80's hair bands.

Shania Twain
Faith Hill
Kenny Chesney
Tim McGraw
Rascal Flatts

Rock/Pop:
Jewel
Enya
Metallica
Candlebox
Evanescence (and Seether here too I suppose)

80's:
VIXEN
DOKKEN
Richard Marx
Any other band with rediculous amounts of hair.. Bon Jovi, Guns N Roses, Nelson, Firehouse, Winger, White Lion.. Power ballads 4tw!

My five most recent favorite songs though would be..
Crossfade - Cold
Breaking Benjamin - So Cold
Seether - Broken
Dierks Bentley - Settle For A Slowdown
Rascal Flatts - What Hurts The Most

~T~
leidana

Post by leidana »

Olharb wrote:Currently on the top of the stack:

Bad Religion
Tool
Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Decemberists
Meat Beat Manifesto

/smacks Lei for not liking Stadium Arcadium
I haven't been game enough to listen to the whole cd yet..the last two disappointed me..

Will get there one day I suppose :)
Dariah

Post by Dariah »

1. Live/Pearl Jam
2. Rob Thomas
3. Metallica
4. Santana
5. Thirsty Merc

I really like El Divo too, those guys have amazing voices!

I guess P Diddy is okay, but thats kinda cos I was forced to listen to it by Romor lol
Melodionxxx

Post by Melodionxxx »

Pretty much my favourite way of listening to music is either in the car (I have blown nearly 5k so far on sound system) or using Yahoo Messenger music channels.

The amount of fine tuning you can do is amazing, you can individually rate artist, their individual albums, even down to individual songs within the album. So for an artist who only did one good song you can set it to only ever play that one, for an artist you think has never produced a bad song, you can open the floodgates and every lvl in between.

It suggests stuff to you as well, and its pretty impressive how well it does it. Occasionally it throws a brain fart and plays something dreadful, but you can ban an artist with a single click and never be bothered again. I've been using it for a couple of years now, and I've now got a pretty reliable station running.

It's pretty fkn awesome in my book and it has a very large catalogue, you find all sorts of esoteric, left field stuff there as well as the current raves.

I think it utterly rawks

MeloxXx
inflames

Post by inflames »

sounds sween as man! never come accross it...i mainly use yahoo for pool thats about it lol
Last edited by inflames on Wed 13 Sep, 2006 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
inflames

Post by inflames »

Leidana wrote:
Olharb wrote:Currently on the top of the stack:

Bad Religion
Tool
Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Decemberists
Meat Beat Manifesto

/smacks Lei for not liking Stadium Arcadium
I haven't been game enough to listen to the whole cd yet..the last two disappointed me..

Will get there one day I suppose :)

whats stadium arcadium...? RHCP album?
Micahle

Post by Micahle »

Edit button > reaper.
Fulrach

Post by Fulrach »

Yep
inflames

Post by inflames »

Fulrach wrote:
Yep
meh cant stand there new song wat ever its called, dani callifornia
inflames

Post by inflames »

Micahle wrote:Edit button > reaper.
lol cheers was looking for one before!
leidana

Post by leidana »

reaperofdeath wrote:
yeppers - their latest one
Micahle

Post by Micahle »

Top line above the text of your post:
New postPosted: Wed 13 Sep, 2006 Post subject: Re: Music Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
Turook

Post by Turook »

While the current sound system in the Camry only cost me 1.5K, I still fondly remember my original Stereo.
$5.5K back in 1987, a 12 CD stacker fed by fiber optics, Alpine.
Installed in a 1976 Toyota Corolla panel van, you could hear it coming from over a K away, with no disortion :)
It finally got laid to rest with the rest of the car after happily driving it for over 16years. It still lives on to a degree tho, the Amp from the old system drives the new one now.

Have to agree with the whole Genre distinction. From being a DJ for a number of years I have picked up a ear for nearly any sort of music, listening to anything from Tchaikovsky to Motorhead.
However 3 genres that I refuse to listen to are, Opera (in the original italian sense, a couple of the english ones I have almost stayed awake for) Country & Western and finally Cookie Monster Music. They are a blight on humanity and should be erradicated with a flame thrower (well I AM a bit of an arsonist after all)
inflames

Post by inflames »

u got ur stereo the year i was born lol
inflames

Post by inflames »

i woulda done it genre specific but i listen to mainly death and trash metal didnt think everyone would b into it :D so thought id just do top 5...there prolly not my 5 but there close 2 it....doesnt havto b spot on lol
Melodionxxx

Post by Melodionxxx »

Get into some of the new Alternative C&W Tookie =) Theres some good shiz there. Tho' some folks claim its just Country. I heard someone call it White Roots Music, which tho pretentious as fuck, kinda gets the idea across.

Neko Case
Junior Brown
Nancy Griffiths
Willie Nelson
Patsy Kline
Johnny Cash
Any bluegrass (Earl Scruggs, Alison Kraus, Berline-Crary-Hickman, Ralph Stanley)
Hayseed Dixie

etc

MeloxXx
Turook

Post by Turook »

Funny that Mel. I have listened to straight contry and western, and don't mind either. It just seems to be when they mush the 2 together that I hate it (yes you non believers, there are genres of just plain country and plain western).

Johny cash is Da Man tho Willie nelson is bloody good at times too. Chris Christopherson can be a pretentious arse but has pumped out a coule of good ones.
Slim Dusty is righteous tho and I'll put him ahead of almost any yank singer any day.

Blues Traveler, BB King, Muddy Waters and the Legend himself John Lee Hooker are better than any C&W band that I can think of and while the blue Blues get on my nerves after a while so many other Blues songs can be so full of energy while being so laid back at the same time.

Do ya self a fav and listen to JLH Jr sometime, he has got as much talent as his old man and knows how to crank it to the next notch.
Olharb

Post by Olharb »

reaperofdeath wrote:meh cant stand there new song wat ever its called, dani callifornia
I skip over the radio songs because they're far from being the best on the cds, just meant for broader appeal. Radio can kill even a good song. An then there's Gnarles Barkley, Crazy which everytime it comes on I just hear an 80's dj in the back of my head screaming, "And now for the 632nd time in a row.." through the intro, but the pills are quieting that down.
"There's no preparation and no guide, just what you've done before here with your life." -BR
Shlob

Post by Shlob »

LOL olharb Im not a big fan of that song anymore either, But you should listen to shi song Smiley Face from the same CD, they havent EVER played it on the radio it is the most kick ass song i ever heard. He has a couple good ones but crazy has left the list after 4500 time hearing it.
Melodionxxx

Post by Melodionxxx »

Theres actually an Aussie C&W singer, Felicity Urquehart, kinda leans towards the Patsy Kline end. But she has a fookn amazin voice and the CD i had was pretty good, New Shadow I think it was called.

MeloxXx
Creac

Post by Creac »

Hard to pick a top 5, but here goes:

INXS
Dire Straits
No Doubt / Gwen Stefani
Beatles
Midnight Oil

But, I like a lot of different things - anything that's good within it's genre I'll probably be happy listening to it. Some interesting suggestions in this thread, too.

"But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
All losses are restored and sorrows end."
Thyrx

Post by Thyrx »

will throgh out my favorites so people may get to know me as well.

1. godsmack
2. metallica
3. megadeth
4. disturbed
5. royal bliss (a local band that sonds alot like a mix of metallica and black sabbath)

i like hard metal, not a big fan of screaming metal although i do like pantera. then a complete 180 from those bands i like classical as well. i have i really like betthoven, although recently i have found a music site with alot of handel classical guitar and really enjoy that. i also like celtic music. lorena mckennit quite possibly has the most enchanting voice i have ever heard (right after my wife of course).

i live in utah and the music here is bland no metal stations the classical stations are full of stupid talkshows, and pop music makes my stomach turn. so if anyone has any suggested bands or things i am up for giving it a listen.
inflames

Post by inflames »

u live in aussie thyr?
inflames

Post by inflames »

if so u going to mega death, Arch enemy and caliban in oct?