Post by Mazia »

Once Starbucks at a time....
Turook

Post by Turook »

Whats starbucks?
Denrel

Post by Denrel »

http://www.starbucks.com.au/en-AU/

the coffee shop equivalent to mcdonalds, US based, multi national.
Garlin Steelcat<Wreckers>
Nyssah

Post by Nyssah »

and they make the worst coffee ive ever tasted in my life...
completely beyond me how they are so successful
Miruwin

Post by Miruwin »

Agree Nyssah. Theres a Starbucks in mmy local shopping area about 6 blocks from my house. Went in there once and never again. I don't really know how they are so successful with such bad coffee.
Miruwin

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Noggle

Post by Noggle »

As far as success in AU I couldn't tell you. In America, the reason they are successful is their clientele. Americans, as you know, for the most part, are stupid. So, they hear from the media (news mainly) or some friend, that Starbucks makes good coffee. They go there, hate the coffee, but want everyone to -think- they like the coffee so that they won't be viewed as an outcast because the coffee shop is successful. Basically a twisted thought process of "they're successful in Seattle, so the coffee must be good, therefore there is something wrong with me for not liking it, but hell if I'll admit that to other people! I will continue saying I like Starbucks and jazz music because everyone thinks I -should-"

Yes, I am ashamed to live in the same country as these people, but c'est la vie.
Noggle Heelzem 70 Cleric
Noogie Stabzem 70 Rogue
Nogitron Tanxem 51 Warrior
Mazia

Post by Mazia »

Startbucks coffee is shit. I would rather drink Draino
Ephyr

Post by Ephyr »

I like Starbucks coffee...the rest of you can go get fucked! don't buy it if you don't like it...

-Ephyr and bots
Melodionxxx

Post by Melodionxxx »

Drink Starbucks or get fucked....

Caught between a Mocha and a hard place!

MeloxXx
Angelsheart

Post by Angelsheart »

taste all the same to me~
i prefer the small shops like the ones in the cities the size of a car space
Kofn
Site Admin

Post by Kofn »

I just don't understand coffee, from Starbucks or anywhere else... it's all blech
Micahle

Post by Micahle »

coffee is an acquired taste. Except if it's from Starbucks, i don't think i'd ever get used to that no matter how much i drank.
Mazia

Post by Mazia »

If you drink Starbuck's coffee and like it you must be one of those people with a strange Genetic taste abnormality :) Sorry Ephyr but it really does taste like shit.

Once you have drunk fresh roasted Arabica for a few months the rest of it really tastes pretty bad. Anything containing Robusta which is the majority of all instant coffee's is also bad.

The machine used to make it is also important. To hot water fries the ground. A double boiler is best one boiler for steaming milk the other for the ground.

Anyways most actual coffee shops in Melbourne have a decent cup. Its hard to find well priced good coffee in Perth.
Noggle

Post by Noggle »

/off to get fucked ...

Not a hard decision for me, even if the coffee was good ...
Noggle Heelzem 70 Cleric
Noogie Stabzem 70 Rogue
Nogitron Tanxem 51 Warrior
Temvardar

Post by Temvardar »

Hmm I think Starbucks is so successful because it's run by Dr Evil/Number two ;)

I used to get a coffee from a place in Toowong, was fkn awesome coffee, then the guy who made/owned the place sold out and left.... So go to get my coffee and this new guys there and beside him.... is a couple of people from the Coffee Acadamy.... teaching him how to use the machine.... yeah that inspired confidence.... coffee turned to shit now I just buy an Ice Break every morning :(
Lord Hunter Temvardar Silverwolf
90 Huntmaster of Karana
Mazia

Post by Mazia »

http://www.coffee.com.au

Not sure where his queensland shops are but the guy that runs this coffee roastery is a great guy and his coffee rocks.

Nice American Guy called Dan Fitsimons (duno if thats spelt right) he used to sell Texas Instruments gear once upon a time before he and his wife started their coffee chain / roastery.

"Life is too short to drink bad coffee"
Ephyr

Post by Ephyr »

life is too short to debate preferrence for coffee chains on a website dedicated to discussing a game based in an imaginary world while we sit at work pretending to work, while we read said website, and post on said website, and wish we were at home playing the game in that imaginary world...

-Ephyr and bots
Turook

Post by Turook »

/nods at Eph, uh huh.

I must be doing something wrong, I am too busy at work now to post anymore :(

Either way all coffee and tea tastes like crap and you are all doomed to go to hell for drinking it (lets see if I can stir the religous up as well as the coffee drinkers).

Off to go find that fuck :)
Hiroki

Post by Hiroki »

Mazia Says:
Anything containing Robusta which is the majority of all instant coffee's is also bad.
International Roast FTW..... BLEH!
Miruwin

Post by Miruwin »

Actually, Maz is partially right with the Arabica/Robusta story. However, 99.999999% of all coffee blends claiming to be Arabica will have some Robusta beans in it.

One day, go to a place that does a coffee tasting and teaching thing. My boss sent me to the one run by Lavazza here in Sydney as I was proving to be a bit of an expert on coffee which I was selling at the time.

Anyway the first of the basics I got taught was what a pure Robusta tastes like and what a pure Arabica tastes like and then, what the different blenders do to create the best. Pure Arabica has a sort of 'flat' taste, it really does need a couple of robusta beans thrown into it. Even Blue Mountains coffee blends a little Robusta into the mix.

To compare a pure Arabica to an Arabica/Robusta blend would be like comparing a freshly mixed scotch and dry with one thats been sitting for about 15 minutes - the 'zing' just isn't there.
Miruwin

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Melodionxxx

Post by Melodionxxx »

Best coffee I ever tasted was in Bali. They make it so smooth dark and creamy its a joy. And its creamy without any kind of milk in it... Go figure, I for sure never could. But its just stunning, must be something in the way they make it.

I also love the way you get coffee in the Middle East, tiny little bolts of black wakeup juice.

MeloxXx
Aamasie

Post by Aamasie »

/smacks Melo

You made that coffee sound soooo good, how am I going to face my usual coffee tomorrow morning?
Mazia

Post by Mazia »

fresh roasted Arabica has a rich crema which is very nice and creamy. Good coffee is a delight.