I miss playing

Moderator: Officers

varutia

Post by varutia »

They smoothed out the hell level, but not the total xp required to reach max level so if you look at the big picture there isn't any difference. Getting xp is faster than ever, especially if you got a few year on your EQ account :orcgrin:
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

Well if you do decide you have to consider also that Wreckers isn't the place it used to be. Very few even remember your name let alone were close friends.

That said the journey to 70 is not as hard as it used to be.. but to pick up the 500+ alternate advancement points as well as 70 levels is a bit of fun.

Do you still have Inc's account? reactivating that and playing from there would work of course.

How's your play times? would you think to be around during australian prime time? or would you be playing other times?

If you do decide to jump on shoot me a tell and I'll see what I can do to help you get re-established.
Vexo

Post by Vexo »

If you reactivate today, it's free for 21 days... but last chance today, as far as I recall.
Sianni

Post by Sianni »

My god, Inc's coming back?! Wreckers will never be the same again! *cackle*

/waves
incubous

Post by incubous »

No, i dont have inc's account. I havent touched eq in almost 4.5 years. I would only be able to play aussie times (your evenings @ 8pm) during the weekends. I believe that you are 9 hours ahead of my time zone. During the week, i could grind during my regular play hours. Im just tossing around the idea and see what you guys thought...Maybe i'll go pick it up this weekend, i need to make sure that my computer is good enuff to play for now and upgrade it in the near future. What do you guys recommend for upgrades, IE video card, etc.
Warriar

Post by Warriar »

RAM and lots of it(1 Gig for good results more if you want for faster features), Vid Card doesnt need to be anything special unless you want to watch every spell effect during Raids from 54 Lev'd people in which case your normally too busy saying that looks kewl and forgetting about what your doing anyways :P
Turook

Post by Turook »

OOOOOO pretty lights...............
corlag

Post by corlag »

i recomend $$$ and lots of it. :orclol:
Izikithin
[77] Beast Lord
Mazia

Post by Mazia »

Just put together a nice system for myself but I think I over killed a lot.

Basically any middle of the range computer gear is good then add a nice monitor and the most expensive video card you can buy. If you get a Dual core or hyperthreading machine you will need to tinker a little to get EQ working afterwards but the rest is cake.

I would plan with 2 GB of ram tho
Turook

Post by Turook »

Socket 939
AMD 3200+ 64 bit CPU
1 gig of matched low latency Patriot Mem
Ultra 6990 Nvidea Video Card
Sata 200Gig Hard Drive
17" Samsung flat screen Monitor
Thats what I use on a 512/128 ADSL connection.

The AMD is still the best gaming processor you'll get.
The 3200+ is quickly becoming bottom of the market but still see no need to go up to a dual core cpu.
The vid card is way over kill, for $4-500 (Ultra 6800) does the job just as good. (and thats not even considering new technology with PCI Xpress cards which tends to be a little cheaper again)
The mem seems to be good too, have never tried it with 2gig, but yes I agree 2 Gig would be better :)
Hard drive is much of a muchness, unless you spend a lot of $ to go to a 100000rpm drive either a sata or IDE drive cuts it, of any size practical.
The 17" monitor, well I am still waiting to get my 20" back from the repairers. :)
SilkOriginal

Incy

Post by SilkOriginal »

Heya Inc ,

I used to have a couple thousand EQ screenies of wreckers raids I always promised myself I'd turn into an online album one day and never did. Now I don't know what (if any) hard drive they're living on .. so we're down to about 20 tartie saved. But .. there's one of Inc amongst them (among original team druid with Caraway, Meriane and Mystie from memory ).

Regards,
Silk
Mazia

Post by Mazia »

/waves Silk good to see your about.
Aamasie

Post by Aamasie »

Hi Silk,

/hugs the bear, and give a /hug to Tartie and the kids.

I get an update from Ky now and again, but it's sure nice the see the original. Silkie, the shammy, is still about Norrath, he's being taken good care of.
SilkOriginal

/waving

Post by SilkOriginal »

Hihi Aamasie .. will pass on the /hug. I hadn't looked in on the EQ world for prolly a yaer then Starflake caught up with me on MSN the other day to have a big fat cry about the toughness of guildleading (his hardcore Wow raidguild) and it got me feeling nostalgic so I poked my head in.

Good to see you're all still in and enjoying it .. from the 5 years I played MMORPG's the Wreckers times have all the best memories - although looking back I struggle to figure how I managed to find time to pull 30-40 online hrs a week and expect it of everyone else :)

Specially big waves to all of you out there who've been part of Wreckers long enough to remember the feeling of the call "RAGE IS UP"
Aamasie

Post by Aamasie »

Good fun.

Speaking of Rage, Larnix is down close to your part of the world. He's working in the Marshall Islands for 2 years, doing some contract work with the military. He pops into EQ now and again to chat but he doesn't have the connection down there to actually play.

Larnix's Rage kill and the aftermath on TP's boards, was sure good fun.
Miruwin

Post by Miruwin »

Hiya Silkie good to see you still around. All my love to Tartie, I really miss her sense of humour.

I remember the Rage kill for Larnix, was my first Rage kill with the guild. It was top fun, mobilised and engaged within about 10 mins of spawn I think. We had it dead just as 5 ppl of whichever guild it was on the rotation calendar turned up.

FFA for the win!!!!!!!
Miruwin

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
corlag

Post by corlag »

woot heya silkie, not only the good times in EQ with the wrecking crew but also shadowbane. short as it was, it was hella fun.
good to see you troll. Say howdie to tart for me as well.
also a big ol hug for mum (miru) hope your plans are going ahead as you wanted :D
I always heard about the rage kill but I was not on ausie time at that point and enjoyed the humor from the outside.
I do however remember my cleric haveing to go abruptly while we were grinding hehe. good times.
Izikithin
[77] Beast Lord
SilkOriginal

Old times

Post by SilkOriginal »

Hehe, heya Corlag .. yeah, TKG was hella fun! If only we'd been able to understand the flames they were posting about us.

BTW .. on the "Go Hard or Go Home" .. it was a flake invention, coined soon after Vellious expansion came out. In early Wreckers days we only had 2 groups worth of members .. with only 1 cleric , who was 2-boxed by a tank. We did a lot of inventive stuff trying to find challenging things we could do with 2 group raids whilst figuring out teamwork strategies. It was in many ways what started the whole "Wreckers does it with less" thing.

Anyways, one of the things we had a lot of fun doing was exploring one of the zones (can't remember the name, it was on dragon faction and you went through it to get to eastern wastes .. had a fun maze with teleporters and things ). There was no spoiler information on it, nobody exp'd there .. so we would start at the zonein and just keep going deeper and deeper with the night ending once we hit a "summon to zone rez" wipe. On our first such crawl, Sset had gone out to try pulling some crazy looking mob which was just raping him on the pull .. it was late, and everyone was doing the "let's gate out so we don't finish with a wipe" thing when flake hits guildchat with "Go hard or go home".

Needless to say, shortly thereafter we wiped :)
incubous

Post by incubous »

Is it a hard process getting a character swapped server to server? Is there a limit of the number of times to change servers?
corlag

Post by corlag »

heh yeah man "go hard or go home" was one of the reasons i wanted to join wreckers so bad. The atmosphere at that time was "fk the big guilds, skill and style > uber zergs"
When i was playing narff, orangu was my monk idol. hehe.
Taught me lots about the monk.
We had a slump in raids for a while in PoP shortly after i got corlag into regular raiding, and "Go hard or go home!" became my slogan on bosses. I fealt it was my duty to keep it alive.
Its great for moral too hehe. we started having a blast and if we were close to killing a boss and somehting went sideways... boom... "GO HARD OR GO HOME!"

used to try and keep people online with it too. sleep my foot...
Izikithin
[77] Beast Lord
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

Casual for the win.

And heya Silk. *waves*

You should taken ya chance to deguild Issolde.. bet that's still bottling you up inside :)
incubous

Post by incubous »

Well, im back playing, but on the Druzzil Ro server. Oh it feels good to play again, still have alot to learn since i missed out on the last 4 years. Currently playing an account with a 68 necro and 49 monk. Been concentrating on the monk...Guess he's still a newbie, but im having a good time. Dont know anyone on the server, which sucks, worth swapping over to TP? Hows the folks over there?
Mazia

Post by Mazia »

Seem to be a fine lot mate and minimally you will likely be able to catch up with some of the older players you might know. Depends on play hours. When you get a handle on the chat controls get yourself autojoining the wreckers channel on bert be good to say hi

Good to see you back in the game
incubous

Post by incubous »

Its possible to be able to chat with ppl from a different server? O.O
Warriar

Post by Warriar »

yes in bothe channels and tells