Long Bert Video

Moderator: Officers

Phantomwalker

Long Bert Video

Post by Phantomwalker »

$$$ Good idea made even better unless this pisses oz off :) here's hoping it doesn't anyway spawned the VERY Low Quality version of the long video into 3, 11 - 13ish meg files uploading them now.. Please wait til all 3 are up before trying to DL/open any of them you need all 3 files to view the video inside... :)

Enjoy...

PW :mrgreen:
Phantomwalker Wraithestalker
[ Allakhazam ]
Phantomwalker

Post by Phantomwalker »

It looks like I may only get parts 1 and possibly 2 up tonight... if thats the case I'll finish the rest tomorrow sometime...

Feel free to download whatever I get put up if you want though but keep in mind that you can't actually open any of the 3 files without all 3 of them being in the same location :)

[ Allakhazam ]
Phantomwalker

Post by Phantomwalker »

Night has come to a close for me... 2 hours is about how long it takes me to upload the files... so like tomorrow or something I'll try and get the other 2 up :)

PW
[ Allakhazam ]
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

Nice work maste. am sure it's worth it for us downloading. :)
Phantomwalker

Post by Phantomwalker »

all 3 files up enjoy guys and gals :)

[ Allakhazam ]
curtis

Post by curtis »

Is it just me? the first 2 files are coming up corrupted zip.
Fulrach

Post by Fulrach »

Make sure you have the latest version of win ace. Corruptions can occur if you have an old version on winace, winzip ect and the file was compressed with the latest version.
curtis

Post by curtis »

Latest Winzip, latest Win ACE, both say corrupted. Any more useless crap you want me to clog my PC up with?
Fulrach

Post by Fulrach »

Yeah I am getting the same error Curt. I will wait till I get home and try it on a real computer and not this crappy work box.
Phantomwalker

Post by Phantomwalker »

Bahhhh Someone prolly interupted computer when it was uploading sorry guys Oz can you delete it so I can try again? the files on my computer are working fine using Power Archiver... prolly had something to do with uploading... :(

Anyway if and when they poof I'll try again...

PW
[ Allakhazam ]
Phantomwalker

Post by Phantomwalker »

Ohh and your opening file 3 right? you open file 3 and decompress all via #3...

I assume you guys know that already though...

PW
[ Allakhazam ]
Oz
Site Admin

Post by Oz »

Phantomwalker wrote:Bahhhh Someone prolly interupted computer when it was uploading sorry guys Oz can you delete it so I can try again? the files on my computer are working fine using Power Archiver... prolly had something to do with uploading... :(

Anyway if and when they poof I'll try again...

PW
Number Three is Fine, however 1 & 2 are no good, you know you can upload them as one huge zip if you want
Phantomwalker

Post by Phantomwalker »

well one huge zip would be 43 megs and that lists that 30 megs is the limit...

Sooo...
[ Allakhazam ]
Oz
Site Admin

Post by Oz »

Phantomwalker wrote:well one huge zip would be 43 megs and that lists that 30 megs is the limit...

Sooo...
Damn that is a big File.. I have increased the Max Limit to 50MB..
curtis

Post by curtis »

Nah, the limit is fine how it was Oz. What i had to do was rename all the zip files to the same name (different directories) then unpack the 3rd archive, it then asks for the location of the first and second archives.
Oz
Site Admin

Post by Oz »

Curtis wrote:Nah, the limit is fine how it was Oz. What i had to do was rename all the zip files to the same name (different directories) then unpack the 3rd archive, it then asks for the location of the first and second archives.
:-) Oh well it is 50MB now anyway :-) Someone want to upload a zip of the complete file?? :-)
Phantomwalker

Post by Phantomwalker »

I don't have enough time to do that today... But I can definately give it a go tomorrow unless someone beats me to it... and if thats the case feel free to delete the 003 file :)

[ Allakhazam ]
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

I'll take care of it PW. I had a look at the file and it rocks. Great work on the packaging. Fire ya cameraman though, looks like he was out cold during the bert fight itself :)

Top job that man. Ohh have you sorted out better compression to maintain higher quality? (pinnacle thingy ?)
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

Am uploading the long file now. not sure how long it will take but it will be one zip file. (thanks Oz for increasing the max filesize)

Yeah. Multivolume zip files suck ass PW. :)

I knew it would be trouble when I saw it, told curt I was going to write up how to extract it for the board, but hell this is easier. hehe
Phantomwalker

Post by Phantomwalker »

Thanks a bunch thor and oz :) far as the Pinnacle stuff goes no dice yet the patch I got was for another version and not an upgrade to that version like I thought it was *pout* anyway ... think I'm just going to go ahead and take my torrent client (Burst!) and have that go ape on dialup for the next 7 weeks trying to DL that 3 gig file *groan* (raid nights excluded that is :0p)

The annoying part is the fact that I only have a *Max* 4 hour window every night for Internet access and thats ONLY if someone else in the house hasn't already staked claim to it ... bleh... but anyway I am thinking the next video I crank out will NOT be done with winDVD creator reguardless of how crappy everything else is... its a decent program and I've got the hang of using it now... however the lack of functionality irritates me...

Far as the HQ Version goes I plan on mailing that this week or next... still trying to export a version without quirky audio bugs in it *grumble*

And I'm glad to hear you guys liked the Long video :) thats the one I've been working on all this time... the short one I cranked out 2 days after I finished the long one... it didn't take me long at all seeing how I had ideas and a basic solid concept from the long version... (make the long version... short) :)

Anywho.... Time to go watch anime with the TV set to turn off in an hour and jump in bed :)

[ Allakhazam ]
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

Yeah I thought the way you reducedt he fights to screenshots was fantastic in the short video. very classy.

you could probably have increased the time they were shown for by just another second or two so the scene could be taken in a little better.

Especially thought the ending drove home the spirit of Wreckers in the long video mate.. top job.
Oz
Site Admin

Post by Oz »

Nice job on the video PW :-) PM me what tools you are looking for your videos and I will see what we can get to you via FTP.

BTW you ever spoke to Axxius over @ MI? You might want to have a chat some time to him as he does the MI videos and no doubt the pair of you will be able to exchange tips..

Excellent work on the clip, glad we got it all worked out. I am about to crank out a modification the the guildvideo system that will let the officers and the owner of videos delete them..
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

What? You're not going to be our filing clerk forever? :)

hehe. Sounds good bud.
Oz
Site Admin

Post by Oz »

Thoraf wrote:What? You're not going to be our filing clerk forever? :)

hehe. Sounds good bud.
Laughs fat chance of me being that ;) You know me, I like to automate as much as can and empower the community...
Phantomwalker

Post by Phantomwalker »

*does his best Megatron voice* Yeeeeahhhhhssss....

Indeed if you want to step up... your going to get knocked down... :)

[ Allakhazam ]