monk help

Moderator: Officers

budhha blessem

monk help

Post by budhha blessem »

sup guys.
ive been playing again on my old guys on bertox with the free to play launch.

working on my 55 monk but still trying to shake off the rust. im strugglin with the epic haste clicky effect. was hoping one of you pros would have some tips for me.

what im wanting to do (and i dont even know if i can do this in eq) is tie the 1.0 epic into one of my kicks or punches so i dont have to click that pos every 10 secs and it will fire off the haste click effect when i click my kick on the hotbar. i use the hot bars and click on my abilities, i dont use the num pad for my abilities if this helps narrow it down.

so is there anyways i can tie armor clickies i have equiped into one of my kicks? im wearing it on as my gloves as i have better weapons on.

if not, could you recommend what the next step for me to do is, toward either upgrading the epic clicky haste and ditching the gloves i have to spam click or a better way to optimise using this thing.

thanks guys

edit: also im a total macro noob, never used them in eq1 or eq2 so the more details the better!
Nescafe

Post by Nescafe »

The only way to do that would be via key binding methods...

But if you left click and hold over your gloves you can drop that into a hotbar button which is easier to click then opening up your inventory to click the haste?

I would say look into buying the haste potions from the vendor in Plane of Knowledge, i cannot recall what they are called sorry. Can use the Find tool to locate the vendor though.

Post by Melodionxxx »

Create a second hotbar and set the key activations exactly the same as your main hotbar. e.g. if your first button on your main hotbar is activated by '1', set the second hotbar so the first key is activated by '1' also. That way '1' activates two keys. You can then put your epic on the second hotbar in one or more places.
budhha blessem

Post by budhha blessem »

i think im just gonna look for the potions like Nescafe said. i dont have a clue how to do the key bindings thing.

i tried your way Melo but that made me use it through a hotbutton on my keyboard. im a oldschool clicker, i never switched over to the hotbuttons way. i was trying to do it super lazy and have it fire off my kick lol.

thanks for the help guys :drink:
varutia

Post by varutia »

Melodionxxx wrote:Create a second hotbar and set the key activations exactly the same as your main hotbar. e.g. if your first button on your main hotbar is activated by '1', set the second hotbar so the first key is activated by '1' also. That way '1' activates two keys. You can then put your epic on the second hotbar in one or more places.
This is interesting way of doing things.
curtis

Post by curtis »

Melos way does fire off your kick. you press a button to make kick work...bind that same button to haste.....

Haste pot vendors are in top floor, western trading building.
Kimosavi

Post by Kimosavi »

Check out the attached photos to set them up the way you want them. Equip your Celestial Fists in your hand slot, then go to EQ Options (Alt-O) to the Keys menu and setup your Hotbar 1 the way it is in the second photo.

Then you hold your mouse pointer over your equipped Celestial Fists and drag the icon to the 3rd slot of Hotbar 1, and copy Flying Kick from your combat abilities to the 1st slot then whenever you click Flying Kick the Celestial Fists effect will go off.

Image[/img]
budhha blessem

Post by budhha blessem »

cant get it to work =/
followed kimo and melo directions exactly for the last 2 hours trying to figure it out.

at one point i got mend to fire off with a kick just from moving stuff around and screwing around with diff layouts but never got the clicky to go off.

could possibly some way i have my ui setup atm being screwing me up and blocking the commands or throwing them off somewhere else? i have 5 ability rows setup atm. did it the same layout as my eq2 setup so it would be easier to go with as i ear more abilites. 4 for combat junk and clickies and a shrunken bar for temps and discs. i can switch em however is needed to get this to work but its possible im so noob im doing something wrong that is common sense to you vets. e.g. since i have multiple bars open...do i need to make then consecutive? bar 1,2,3,4,5...or does it matter if they all are bars 1's.

appreciate the help guys.

dense monk 007 over and out!
varutia

Post by varutia »

If you buy haste potion, get it from bazaar pc vendors, significantly cheaper. You can also get direct heal and heal over time potions as well.