Patcher Issues

Moderator: Officers

Artreth

Patcher Issues

Post by Artreth »

Hey Guys,

was having issue with Patcher since last patch, I have been using the original patcher since LDON with a few updates through it, never updated to this new fan dangled SoE patcher and found that I can no longer use my patcher. It tries to load the SOE Launcher, which does background patching, and feks everything up.

FIX:

http://launch.soe.com/everquest/

Download this patcher, and run it ... fixed my patcher issue, and it doesn't completely suck. Thing is I only use patcher to patch, never load eq via it =P
Nescafe

Post by Nescafe »

I have found the newest launcher pretty good personally.

I like being able to save the logins and passwords to load another account easier.

Post by Kofn »

The UI designer that thought making the Autoplay checkbox disappear once the "Play" button is active needs a punch in the face. :evil:
Artreth

Post by Artreth »

One rumor being passed around on multiple forums at the moment is that the Newest patcher checks the running processes.

Reason I mention this, one person got banned for running ISboxer (well thats what he claims) until he fought it and they apologised and reinstated his account with 1 weeks free credit.

It is kind of a breach of privacy they are running scans on active processes (specially for someone like myself who runs visual basic and other code compilers), as if I am compiling at the same time im patching, it may show some inconsistancies and the stuff I sometimes compile is for work related stuff, and therefore can be sensitive information. Most of the time I use my headless box for compiling, but sometimes its easier to just compile on my standard PC. Meh, I have been running the patcher about a month now, and haven't heard a word from SOE. So maybe I am just the insane person that thinks everyone is talking about him. **don's a al foil hat**
Nescafe

Post by Nescafe »

So long as the information isn't being forwarded to sony, im happy for the patcher to not run if someone is running known hacks. But obviously if someone got a ban and it was mentioned this was the way he was 'found out' it's being forwarded on to a degree. So in regards to privacy, if no information is being sent this could merely be an "application conflict' so Everquest won't run, im all for that.

Although im pretty sure some dev or someone from sony mentioned in a thread on sony forums that ISboxer was fine to be used, so long as you are at the keyboard. Much like the use of programmable keyboards/mouse.

With F2P around the corner, anything to further curb numbers of people using any known hacking programs should have as much trouble running it as sony can cause ! lol

Post by Saburo »

Nescafe wrote:So long as the information isn't being forwarded to sony, im happy for the patcher to not run if someone is running known hacks. But obviously if someone got a ban and it was mentioned this was the way he was 'found out' it's being forwarded on to a degree. So in regards to privacy, if no information is being sent this could merely be an "application conflict' so Everquest won't run, im all for that.

Although im pretty sure some dev or someone from sony mentioned in a thread on sony forums that ISboxer was fine to be used, so long as you are at the keyboard. Much like the use of programmable keyboards/mouse.

With F2P around the corner, anything to further curb numbers of people using any known hacking programs should have as much trouble running it as sony can cause ! lol
The work around for both people running legitimate conflicting programs and "hacks" is to load EQ first and then power up the other programs. EQ starts because it doesn't see the conflicts, then once it is running it no longer checks for the hacks/conflicts.