Patch Notes 8th Feb

Moderator: Officers

Kimosavi

Patch Notes 8th Feb

Post by Kimosavi »

February 8, 2012

*** Highlights ***

- Healer Mercenaries now have improved behavior and performance in their Reactive stance.
- Many NPCs in House of Thule and Veil of Alaris zones no longer see through Shroud of Stealth.
- In the Rubak Oseka raid "Time and Tides," High Priests and Templars will now wait a brief period before beginning to cast their snare spells.
- Kal'ture Ashan has arrived in Sunrise Hills to sell Alaran furniture.

*** Items ***

- Elegant, Stately, and Ostentatious Warmonger Leggings now modify the Frenzy skill.
- Some Veil of Alaris warrior and knight weapons had their AC increased.
- Kal'ture Ashan has arrived in Sunrise Hills to sell Alaran furniture.
- The Secondary Anchor can now be placed on guild plots.
- An Ancient Artifact is now a type 20 aug.
- Bags of currency sold on the loyalty merchant are now lore.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Quest - Tides of Change - When accepting the quest, players will be given the necessary items if they do not have them.
- Quest - The Key to Freedom - You should now have more time to hail Silbek after you free him from his bonds in Rubak Oseka.
- Raid - Time and Tides - High Priests and Templars will now wait a brief period before beginning to cast their snare spells.
- Raid - The Triune God - Most of the Triunity's messages can now be seen throughout the entire zone.

*** Spells ***

- Shadowknight - Reduced the mana cost of Sholothian Skin significantly.

*** NPC ***

- Many NPCs in House of Thule and Veil of Alaris zones no longer see through Shroud of Stealth.
- Deathleaper's ability Earsplitting Howl now uses the magic resist type, and the damage has been lowered slightly.

*** AA ***

- Monk - Suppressive Strike has been changed to Distant Strike. The silence has been removed, but the rest of the ability is unchanged.
- Enchanter - Fixed a timer conflict issue with Glyph Spray and Divine Companion Aura.
- Druid/Shaman - Fixed a timer conflict issue with Silent Casting and Paralytic Spores.

*** Mercenaries ***

- Several changes have been made to Healer Mercenaries:
- After level 85, healer mercenaries no longer cast the Promised or Elixir lines of spells. These spells may return in the future when mercenaries learn to cast them more effectively.
- After level 75, healer mercenaries no longer cast Complete Heal.
- When at full health and mana, healer mercenaries will no longer sit.
- Healer mercenaries now respond more quickly when the main tank in their group enters combat.
- The power of the healer mercenaries' spells have been slightly increased.
- The Reactive stance has been modified to favor constantly casting direct heals without regard for mana cost.
- Note: At the moment, mercenaries have trouble healing players that have high-HP regen buffs on them. Until this changes, avoid using spells such as Splendrous Guardian, Spiritual Enrichment, or Promised Renewal if you want your mercenary to heal you.

*** Previously Updated ***

- Corrected a pathing problem in Veeshan's Peak that caused a number of its denizens to wander the lava pool near the entrance.

- The EverQuest Team
Melodionxxx

Post by Melodionxxx »

Good stuff with the mercs
Artreth

Post by Artreth »

Note: At the moment, mercenaries have trouble healing players that have high-HP regen buffs on them. Until this changes, avoid using spells such as Splendrous Guardian, Spiritual Enrichment, or Promised Renewal if you want your mercenary to heal you.
EG. Having a real cleric and merc in the same group may not be beneficial.

Gotta Love how SoE screws things up sometimes.

Great News about the other stuff though, but doesn't help those of us who have already blocked those heals =P.
- Monk - Suppressive Strike has been changed to Distant Strike. The silence has been removed, but the rest of the ability is unchanged.
I knew it wouldn't be long before they took the silence off that aa =(
Deathleaper's ability Earsplitting Howl now uses the magic resist type, and the damage has been lowered slightly.
Damage lowered from a 38k a tick dot, with shielding ... hrm ... wonder what they lowered it to.
Melodionxxx

Post by Melodionxxx »

I still think it's an improvement because you can't block heals on merc tanks. I still kinda like promised heals, fast, cheap and a massive freebie heal. But I guess have to ignore them for the time being.
Artreth

Post by Artreth »

To those who don't know why they fixed the mercs in this way, or why you were blocking those heals in the first place.

Due to the way mercs were programmed, they wouldn't heal while you had another heal on you, so for Promised heals, they would wait the 18 secs before casting another Heal, and for HoT's, they were waiting until the HoT faded before casting another heal.
Jarinu

Post by Jarinu »

I sort of got from the above that they still had the promised heal issue.

You can block this line on you and your pet and so long as the whole party is doing this they wont ever use it. It will also stop someone else casting it on you :P

Well thats what I do cause of the merc issue. Their spells being beefed is good tho I find 2 of them cant keep up on jar with 75khp and 2 mobs in camp - which seems silly. Dont talk to me about nameds Grrrrrrrr.
"Looks like Maz was right.. - Thoraf"
"Looks like Maz was right.. There can add me to your sig! - Kofn"
"*sigh* 'the maz is right' strikes again! - Zurt"
"Have you noticed that nobody who thinks 'Maz is right' still plays? - Melo"
"Now Melo doesn't play! Cursed! - Fny"
Melodionxxx

Post by Melodionxxx »

'sok Maz, I come tank 'em for you
Nopayne

Post by Nopayne »

Corrected a pathing issue in Veeshan's Peek... thank fucking christ they are throwing their resources at this!!! Dumb fucks...
Saburo

Post by Saburo »

Nopayne wrote:Corrected a pathing issue in Veeshan's Peek... thank fucking christ they are throwing their resources at this!!! Dumb fucks...
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Artreth

Post by Artreth »

Its kinda funny, in T3 sab tanks one, and if I get an add (Like it regularly happens on the king of the hill task in BD), the Cleric Merc tanks the add. WTF. having a war merc, and sab, the war merc always dies.
varutia

Post by varutia »

You need a real tank.
Artreth

Post by Artreth »

If there was a real tank or real cleric online and lfg when I played that didnt mind my random afk's, I would be happy to replace my mercs. As it stands, sab is the most suitable 'tank' I have to help progress art