Patch Notes Jan 11 2012

Moderator: Officers

amadeas

Patch Notes Jan 11 2012

Post by amadeas »

January 11, 2012

*** Highlights ***

- Mercenary Roster Quest - A new tradeskill quest is available to obtain a mercenary slot for your roster by adding Hero's Barracks as a reward, if it has not been maxed at 4. See Mercenary Captain Cecille in the Plane of Knowledge. You must have mastered all basic tradeskills to take this quest.
- The achievement "Master of Alaris" now grants Hero's Barracks as a reward, which grants an additional mercenary slot, up to the maximum of 4.
- Players who participated in Beta can now Claim their reward!

*** Items ***

- Vyer's Stud is now usable by beastlords.
- Prescient Fleeting Quiver now has 39% haste.
- Rustic Coat of Carnage and Modest Warmonger Coat now have Sundering Discipline Quickening.
- Rustic Coat of the Assassin and Modest Carnifex Coat now have Eradicator Discipline Quickening.
- Empowered Trophies now have their intended graphics.
- The Token of Fanfare should now be far less intrusive.

*** Tradeskills ***

- Some tradeskilled ornamentations were showing the incorrect icons. These have been fixed.
- Soloist Ascension Sleeve Seal of the Warchief now correctly has String Resonance.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Mercenary Roster Quest - A new tradeskill quest is available to obtain a mercenary slot for your roster by adding Hero's Barracks as a reward if it has not been maxed. See Mercenary Captain Cecille in the Plane of Knowledge. You must have mastered all basic tradeskills to take this quest.

*** Spells ***

- Scent of Terris should now correctly modify corruption resists instead of counters.

*** NPC ***

- Krongar the Enrager may now appear after killing Rallosian defectors in the Valley of Lunanyn.
- Prowlers in Beasts' Domain will no longer remain in the same spot where they lose agro.

*** AA ***

- Origin is now auto-granted at level 5 to all players. The reuse time has been lowered to 18 minutes.
- Hastened Origin has been refunded, as it is no longer relevant.

*** Achievements ***

- The achievement "Master of Alaris" now grants Hero's Barracks as a reward, which grants an additional mercenary slot, up to the maximum of 4.
- The achievement "Make Haste" for the mission "Secrets of the Stones" now requires the fragment delivery within 15 minutes, as intended, rather than 8 minutes.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent the completion of the "Pillars of Success" achievement during the mission "The Growing Threat."

*** Progression Servers ***

- Sooty Fine Runic Papyrus is now dropping on progression servers.
- Unfired Shade Summoning Figurine and Shade Summoning Figurine, for the quest "Vampyre Troubles," can now be combined on progression servers.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Changed the default window size for EQ on a fresh install to default to the current desktop resolution.
- Made a change to prevent out-of-memory crashes on 64-bit systems. On 64-bit operating systems, EverQuest will now use 4GB of address space instead of only 2GB.
- Changed the default display for chat filters to automatically hide SPAM marked messages.

*** UI ***

- Added the ability to tint any control a certain color from the UI XML. The new property is called BackgroundTextureTint.
- Converted the button tinting from the "Buy Slot" button in the Mercenary window to use the new tinting option.

- Changed -
EQUI_MercenaryManageWnd.xml
SIDL.xml

*** Previously Updated ***

- Corrected a flag that was hiding Veil of Alaris type 3 augment spells on live servers.
- Corrected a bug that was causing players to fall through the world in the air maze portion of the East Sepulcher of Order.
- Sarith City - Rebel Assault - Experience for most opponents in the mission has been reduced.
- Sarith City - Rebel Assault - Riago Barthes no longer summons extra sets of NPCs when spam-hailed.
- Resplendent Temple - Two Sides of the Stone - The raid should now reset properly during the second phase.
- Resplendent Temple - Two Sides of the Stone - Vision of Splendor should no longer heal itself during the second phase if all players manage to remove the spell “Filth” within the time limit.
- Resplendent Temple - Two Sides of the Stone - The split portions of the event (Shadow/Vision) should now reset the raid if they are idle for more than 5 seconds after being aggroed.
- Quests - Frostfell - The "a hungry predator" mobs will now return to their spawn points when idle.

- The EverQuest Team
Saburo

Post by Saburo »

I wonder what my Beta reward is this year.

And WTF??

- Origin is now auto-granted at level 5 to all players. The reuse time has been lowered to 18 minutes.
- Hastened Origin has been refunded, as it is no longer relevant.

Game breaking much? If people want to be able to gate they have Gate Potions, sorry Shammies you lost SoW, now you can lose Gate too. Honestly it's not that hard to get around in EQ anymore.
Covou

Post by Covou »

I doubt many people would use origin as a serious way of gating their toons. At the amount of platinum that is earnable today compared to to 120ish pp per gate pot, i know for one ill keep using gate pots on krit.

Your beta reward is a Hadal skin on a mercenary. /yawn

suppose it's beta than some dodgy alaran model but i was still hoping for an illusion
Saburo

Post by Saburo »

Covou wrote:I doubt many people would use origin as a serious way of gating their toons. At the amount of platinum that is earnable today compared to to 120ish pp per gate pot, i know for one ill keep using gate pots on krit.

Your beta reward is a Hadal skin on a mercenary. /yawn

suppose it's beta than some dodgy alaran model but i was still hoping for an illusion
I better get something more than that. At last count I clicked over 12,000 beta stones (actual number was 12,021)... Yes I know, no life.
varutia

Post by varutia »

I have not really used origin for a few years except going back for making the culture armor on a few times.

I did use it a lot when it was first available, because it was the first gate like abilities I had back then other than the potions. These days I only really use Throne of heroes and the pok gate brick.

However useful it is also depend on your race, for example the wood elf one is pretty decent, as you do not need another zone to hit the pok stone.
Artreth

Post by Artreth »

LMAO, Art purchased Origin simply because there was nothing left to buy, and it gave me the ability to go to my home city for tribute, which is now null as Personal Trib Vendors in Main GH.
Nopayne

Post by Nopayne »

Used mine all the time with the last expansion since I'm an Ogre and Oggok is just a zone away from Feerott
Melodionxxx

Pok gate brick?

Post by Melodionxxx »

Woddat?