Star Wars - The old republic

Moderator: Officers

Fizzun

Post by Fizzun »

Dec 20th is official release date, pre order get in about a week early.
If you don't want to commit buying a game yet sign up IGN premium account and then create beta before Friday and you get in next week end.
Fizzun

light or dark

Post by Fizzun »

Ok from chats last night with some members people want to know what side of the force we are going.

Due to what most people have indicated we will be on the LIGHT side this means: Jedi knight, Jedi Consuler, Trooper and smugglers.

See Here for more info.

If you or someone you know if considering playing have then app to the guild so we can increase our numbers. We need 1 more pre order to have own guild moved into live. Any assistance would be great.
Fizzun

Post by Fizzun »

Thanks to Eamdaria, Timbur and Roobboo for also pre ordering. Wreckers guild will now be added into SWTOR with pre launch. If anyone else is coming over please use the link in my sig to app, so that you can also be added into the guild upon pre launch.
Fizzun

Screenshots from Eamdaria

Post by Fizzun »

Crafting

Flashpoint
Fizzun

Get your SW:TOR Beta Keys at ZAM

Post by Fizzun »

ZAM has Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta Keys to give away, so get in here and grab your key!

With Star Wars: The Old Republic set to launch in close to a month, BioWare really wants to start stress testing their servers, so they've released a huge batch of beta keys for us to give away (25,000!). So no more moping around, feeling left out from all the fun; grab a key and feel special!

First some instructions: the Beta Key giveaway will conclude on Friday, November 18th, 2011 at 11:59pm CST. In order to be eligible for SW:TOR's next beta test (which will take place in late November to early December), you will be required to register your beta code on www.swtor.com/redeembetacode before the contest expires. If you don't register before Friday at 11:59pm CST (check time in CST here), you won't get your beta invite and tears will be had all around.

And once ya redeemed ya code make sure you app to our SWTOR Wreckers guild at http://www.swtor.com/guilds/198574/wreckers
Warriar

Post by Warriar »

So how many of you all are going to be giving this one a go.

From what I have been reading its the closest thing to EQ out of all the MMO's that have been releasd lately but with Star Wars theme (I love my Star Wars - been watching it since I was 3).

Be nice if some of the Old School Wreckers were there :P

PS how is everyone btw
curtis

Post by curtis »

hi mate, long time no see.

EQ for me...that and I will never give George Lucas another cent of royalties if there is any breath left in my body.
Saburo

Post by Saburo »

Curtis wrote:I will never give George Lucas another cent of royalties if there is any breath left in my body.
HAHAHA I don't blame you after Episode I... Die Jar Jar Binks.
Fizzun

Post by Fizzun »

Warriar wrote:So how many of you all are going to be giving this one a go.

From what I have been reading its the closest thing to EQ out of all the MMO's that have been releasd lately but with Star Wars theme (I love my Star Wars - been watching it since I was 3).

Be nice if some of the Old School Wreckers were there :P

PS how is everyone btw
Hiya, currently theres 8 in the wreckers swtor guild. 4+ have already purchased the pre order
Warriar

Post by Warriar »

Yeah I got my Pre Order in.

Playing BETA this weekend which should help me nail down what kind of Tank I want to be.

So Curt what else can you point me towards TV show wise, the last one you did was great " Firefly " shame it got the flic kcause it rocked.
Saburo

Post by Saburo »

Warriar wrote:Yeah I got my Pre Order in.

Playing BETA this weekend which should help me nail down what kind of Tank I want to be.

So Curt what else can you point me towards TV show wise, the last one you did was great " Firefly " shame it got the flic kcause it rocked.
If you liked Firefly check out the movie of the show - Serenity.

If you haven't already checked out Game of Thrones do that.

On my families regular weekly download/watch list are;

Big Bang Theory
Burn Notice
Castle
Dexter
House
How I Met Your Mother (though it gets tedious after the first 2 seasons)
Kitchen Nightmares
Life Unexpected (only made it to 2 seasons sadly)
Modern Family
Mythbusters
No Ordinary Family (a crying shame it got canned at the end of the season)
Raising Hope
Rules of Engagement
Top Gear
True Blood (though they needed better writers after season 1)
The Unit (this should never have gotten the can)
Fizzun

Post by Fizzun »

Warriar wrote:Yeah I got my Pre Order in.

Currently we're playing on Noggit Road (i think thats how its spelt)

Click the link in my sig to go to the wreckers guild page for swtor.
Artreth

Post by Artreth »

Following on from Sab, others to watch are:

Fringe

and if you are into supernatural type stuff,

Ironically enough, Supernatural
Sanctuary

Possibly even

Warehouse 13
Jowdii

Post by Jowdii »

I got accepted to SWTOR beta yesterday or the day before too.

I plan on having a bit of a sticky beak at this if i can.
Fizzun

Post by Fizzun »

make sure u start downloading soon then.
Beta opens 10am CST USA on friday thats 3am EDT australia (2am bris time)

Also the download is somewhere between 20 - 32 GB now.
Fizzun

Last Chance to Finalize Your Guild

Post by Fizzun »

A few weeks ago we announced that Phase 3 of our Pre-Launch Guild Program had begun. Phase 3: Deployment allows guild members to see whether or not their guild qualifies for transfer into the game. As we approach Early Game Access for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, we want to remind all of you in guilds that the Pre-Launch Guild Program will end on December 2nd, 11:59PM CST so that guilds can be assigned to servers for Early Game Access.

This is your last chance to:

Make any changes to your guild
Ensure your guild meets requirements for deployment into the game
Designate your guild’s Allies and Adversaries
Review and accept pending guild applications

So how do you ensure that your guild makes it into the game for launch? It’s simple! All you have to do is make sure at least four members of your guild have pre-ordered the game and redeemed their Pre-Order Code at our Code Redemption Center. Once you’ve done that, you can check your guild’s page within the Guild HQ to see if you have met all of the pre-designated conditions.

If your guild does not yet qualify for transfer to the game, you still have time. Visit our Pre-Order page, secure your copy of Star Wars: The Old Republic, and redeem your Pre-Order Code to help ensure that your guild makes the cut for launch!

To learn more about guilds in The Old Republic, check out the Guilds Game System page for details and visit the Guilds FAQ for answers to commonly asked questions.

*Customers who pre-order Star Wars: The Old Republic will be able to play the game before the official launch. “Early Game Access” is the period of time before the official game launch when pre-order customers may access the game. Early Game Access may be up to 5 days. The length of your Early Game Access depends on the date and order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code at the Code Redemption Center. See Pre-Order FAQ for more details.

**We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that qualifying guilds are imported into a server that meets your specified preferences, but we cannot make any guarantees given the anticipated volume of guilds (among other factors). All server placements therefore remain in our sole discretion. We also cannot take responsibility for technical errors or glitches that prevent your guild from importing into the game as planned. See Terms of Service for more details.
If you're going to play then log into the wreckers swtor guild site (in my sig) There's only 26 days until the offical release and 21 for the pre launch if you pre order.
Falern

Post by Falern »

Had a go at this over the weekend during the open beta and the longer I played it a few things started to annoy me. Initially my thoughts were, similar to other players in the online chat form, was that this MMO was just WoW in Space. The mechanics of the game really give you that WoW feel, but the longer I played it I realised it would be better to summarise the game as a single player game, typical of a BioWare RPG, with a collaborative multiplayer element - just one you'll have to pay a subscription fee to continue playing. Here are my insights into the game from playing...

The level and class system in the game is similar to what was seen in the early days of EQ2. You start off by choosing your side (good side / dark side), then choose your basic class (I played a Jedi Knight). At level 10, you then choose your "advanced class", and while I can't recall the exact names there was basically a choice of either offensive (do more damage) or defensive (take less damage), for which I took a wild guess that like most MMOs unless you're raiding survivability isn't important, killing the mob quicker means you take less damage so I took the offensive side. As a result, I immediately got a second lightsabre to dual wield.

Level 10 also opens up the equivalent of AAs (skills), which are very similar to WoW's approach. Looked like you got one AA per level, with most AAs being passive type, with one or two activatable ones per tree. Each tree was broken into about a dozen tiers/lines, and you had to spend enough in each tier to open up the next one, same as WoW. There also decisions you make when interacting with mobs that give you light side / dark side points as well, which impacts what items you can use in some rare circumstances (seemed to be slowly increasing in importance as levels increased).

Fighting mobs is mostly a keyboard mashing event, there is very little in the way of strategy involved beyond waiting for an ability to cycle. Levelling up in itself did nothing but the usual stat boost (HP etc.). You need to go find your trainer to obtain your new abilities which was annoying as they were only in the cities and sometimes you'd be a long way away from them questing over three or four levels worth.

Progression in the game is appeared to be a fixed path, just like it would be in a single player game. This is entirely quest driven, with nothing particularly innovative in those quests. In general the whole explore on your own concept in most MMOs appeared to be missing, which would make it vastly harder to group up with your friends at least until later levels when you have access to the same zones. For example, I was sent to one zone for questing around level 16, which was apparently one of the noob zones for the smuggler class as there were level 4/5s all around the place.

Generally the questing would give enough experience that you could level up enough to do the next quests, but as I approached level 20 I started to feel my character was one or two levels below where it probably should be. I did all the normal level quests open to me except one (I decided Jedi's wouldn't steal so refused the quest), but didn't go for the group/hard level quests as I was soloing. Had I put the effort into building a group I might have had enough levels though. I did try to grind out a level to help, but the XP was like trying to level in EQ at the moment. Quest rewards are typical modern MMO fare, return to the pre-determined NPC, give up any items you collected required by the quest and you'll get some xp, some items, and sometimes you get to choose from a few different items. There also was mention of "acts" in the questing to, e.g., I was playing through Act I the whole time I was playing, so the game play may change a bit when you reach the next act.

Zoning in the world follows the seamless approach of WoW, but does even better for instances. Regularly you would have to run into a cave, room, etc., to do a quest, and there would be a transparent green "wall" you ran through to get into the cave/room/etc. This would put you into an instance usually instantaneously/seamlessly. Unfortunately, most of the time the stuff you needed was not instanced but was a competitive element in the world. For example, many quests would have you had accessing a computer terminal to deactivate something or retrieve something. When you clicked on the computer terminal it would go inactive, but both for you and every other player. It then took a few minutes to respawn. With a large number of players running around, this often was very frustrating and there was almost no grouping/queuing for these items.

Companions (basically pets) are a fairly important part of the game. You start off on your own and get your first companion after a few levels. Basically they will fight alongside you helping to kill mobs as you go. By default they do their work automatically, and you can change some of their basic behaviours e.g., to use agro abilities or not, but it looks like you can take full control if you want (probably wouldn't want to, combat is busy enough as it is). You can have many companions in the game but only one up at any one time. The companions also integrate into the story line so at times they won't be available to you, e.g., a padiwan I was looking after was held hostage at one point.

Tradeskills are again similar to WoW. You can have one major/crafting tradeskill and two minor/harvesting or mission tradeskills. The harvesting stuff was identical to WoW, except there were vastly fewer resource nodes in the world (see companion usage below). Crafting combines also appeared to be the same guaranteed win as in WoW. Something new to tradeskilling here is the use of companions. In particular, tradeskills are done by the companions rather than yourself. So to do a combine, you select the recipe and when you click go the companion will become unavailable to you for up to three minutes depending on what it is. Companions can also be sent on tradeskill missions to go and harvest certain items, etc. There is also a monetary cost to all of these combines/missions as well. Interestingly, instead of a harvesting tradeskill ability, there was also a mission type as well but I didn't get the chance to have a look at that.

Interacting with NPCs was almost identical to the Mass Effect series. Basically, you click on the mob, which results in an interaction of cut-scene type speaking by the NPC before you get a number of responses to select from on a wheel at the bottom of the screen. Your response is then effectively spoken like a mini cut-scene as well. It's a nice touch to start with, but later on in the game it just felt like a time sink. Thankfully you can hit the space bar to skip through the speech (the text of the speech also appears in your chat windows). Cut scenes are also regulars throughout the game which again is a nice touch/very pretty/bit of a time sink.

Dying in the game gives you two options, either rez at a "nearby" medical station, or to call a droid which will rez you where you died. If you rez where you died you get 10 seconds or so of invisibility so you can move away from the mobs and recover properly however. This was a bit glitchy however, sometimes the mobs would attack you / your companion anyway and you'd die again in short order. Death would result in a durability loss to your equipment (similar to EQ2 mechanic), which you could get repaired for a cost at any vendor. Medic vendors are littered throughout almost all the play areas though. Unfortunately BioWare seems to have taken advantage of this nice rez mechanism so that any time the game gets out of sync it just kills you instantaneously. If you get stuck in the world, type in /stuck, and again the game will just insta-kill you (which usually gets you unstuck but at one point it just kept rezzing me into the stuck location).

Inventory space is fixed, and there are no bags that I could see, but you could buy additional space with credits. What was nice was that there was a separate space of inventory dedicated entirely to mission related items so they didn't take up your normal inventory (you have no control over what goes in/out of the mission inventory). There is no bank per se but you do have "cargo space" you can use. The cargo space is nominally part of your star fighter/ship, but I was able to access my cargo space via an NPC in a city before I even had a star fighter. There was no marketplace/bazaar kind of mechanism that I could spot in the game, but a lot of equipment did have the attuning/binding concept in most MMOs so I'd be surprised if there wasn't such a mechanism in game I either didn't find or hasn't been implemented yet.

Never got to see any raiding, but I noted that there was a set of reuse timers for 8-player and 16-player events, so I'm guessing that's the raiding equivalent. Perhaps someone who's in the general beta can comment on this.

In general, this is not really your typical MMO, and my comment at the start that this is basically a BioWare RPG with a bit of a multiplayer element added in is the biggest impression I got. Replay value seems somewhat minimal, as once you've progressed your character to max level and completed the quests there won't be much more to do other than start a second character in another class/alignment and go through that story line. The game was/is a bit of fun, but was feeling very repetitive by the time my beta access disappeared and I was basically just questing/killing mobs to see where the story went rather than really having fun and doing anything different. I think it will appeal, at least for a limited time, to a wide audience including Star Wars freaks and BioWare RPG fans but long term I think it's something you'll play for a while, shrug your shoulders and say "played that" or "finished that". It certainly won't have the long term pull that EQ has had.

Falern.
Suzuko

Post by Suzuko »

Game is turd.

GW2 hurry the fuck up please.

Suz.
Fizzun

Post by Fizzun »

Falern wrote:Had a go at this over the weekend during the open beta and the longer I played it a few things started to annoy me. Initially my thoughts were, similar to other players in the online chat form, was that this MMO was just WoW in Space. The mechanics of the game really give you that WoW feel, but the longer I played it I realised it would be better to summarise the game as a single player game, typical of a BioWare RPG, with a collaborative multiplayer element - just one you'll have to pay a subscription fee to continue playing. Here are my insights into the game from playing...

The level and class system in the game is similar to what was seen in the early days of EQ2. You start off by choosing your side (good side / dark side), then choose your basic class (I played a Jedi Knight). At level 10, you then choose your "advanced class", and while I can't recall the exact names there was basically a choice of either offensive (do more damage) or defensive (take less damage), for which I took a wild guess that like most MMOs unless you're raiding survivability isn't important, killing the mob quicker means you take less damage so I took the offensive side. As a result, I immediately got a second lightsabre to dual wield.

Level 10 also opens up the equivalent of AAs (skills), which are very similar to WoW's approach. Looked like you got one AA per level, with most AAs being passive type, with one or two activatable ones per tree. Each tree was broken into about a dozen tiers/lines, and you had to spend enough in each tier to open up the next one, same as WoW. There also decisions you make when interacting with mobs that give you light side / dark side points as well, which impacts what items you can use in some rare circumstances (seemed to be slowly increasing in importance as levels increased).

Fighting mobs is mostly a keyboard mashing event, there is very little in the way of strategy involved beyond waiting for an ability to cycle. Levelling up in itself did nothing but the usual stat boost (HP etc.). You need to go find your trainer to obtain your new abilities which was annoying as they were only in the cities and sometimes you'd be a long way away from them questing over three or four levels worth.

Progression in the game is appeared to be a fixed path, just like it would be in a single player game. This is entirely quest driven, with nothing particularly innovative in those quests. In general the whole explore on your own concept in most MMOs appeared to be missing, which would make it vastly harder to group up with your friends at least until later levels when you have access to the same zones. For example, I was sent to one zone for questing around level 16, which was apparently one of the noob zones for the smuggler class as there were level 4/5s all around the place.

Generally the questing would give enough experience that you could level up enough to do the next quests, but as I approached level 20 I started to feel my character was one or two levels below where it probably should be. I did all the normal level quests open to me except one (I decided Jedi's wouldn't steal so refused the quest), but didn't go for the group/hard level quests as I was soloing. Had I put the effort into building a group I might have had enough levels though. I did try to grind out a level to help, but the XP was like trying to level in EQ at the moment. Quest rewards are typical modern MMO fare, return to the pre-determined NPC, give up any items you collected required by the quest and you'll get some xp, some items, and sometimes you get to choose from a few different items. There also was mention of "acts" in the questing to, e.g., I was playing through Act I the whole time I was playing, so the game play may change a bit when you reach the next act.

Zoning in the world follows the seamless approach of WoW, but does even better for instances. Regularly you would have to run into a cave, room, etc., to do a quest, and there would be a transparent green "wall" you ran through to get into the cave/room/etc. This would put you into an instance usually instantaneously/seamlessly. Unfortunately, most of the time the stuff you needed was not instanced but was a competitive element in the world. For example, many quests would have you had accessing a computer terminal to deactivate something or retrieve something. When you clicked on the computer terminal it would go inactive, but both for you and every other player. It then took a few minutes to respawn. With a large number of players running around, this often was very frustrating and there was almost no grouping/queuing for these items.

Companions (basically pets) are a fairly important part of the game. You start off on your own and get your first companion after a few levels. Basically they will fight alongside you helping to kill mobs as you go. By default they do their work automatically, and you can change some of their basic behaviours e.g., to use agro abilities or not, but it looks like you can take full control if you want (probably wouldn't want to, combat is busy enough as it is). You can have many companions in the game but only one up at any one time. The companions also integrate into the story line so at times they won't be available to you, e.g., a padiwan I was looking after was held hostage at one point.

Tradeskills are again similar to WoW. You can have one major/crafting tradeskill and two minor/harvesting or mission tradeskills. The harvesting stuff was identical to WoW, except there were vastly fewer resource nodes in the world (see companion usage below). Crafting combines also appeared to be the same guaranteed win as in WoW. Something new to tradeskilling here is the use of companions. In particular, tradeskills are done by the companions rather than yourself. So to do a combine, you select the recipe and when you click go the companion will become unavailable to you for up to three minutes depending on what it is. Companions can also be sent on tradeskill missions to go and harvest certain items, etc. There is also a monetary cost to all of these combines/missions as well. Interestingly, instead of a harvesting tradeskill ability, there was also a mission type as well but I didn't get the chance to have a look at that.

Interacting with NPCs was almost identical to the Mass Effect series. Basically, you click on the mob, which results in an interaction of cut-scene type speaking by the NPC before you get a number of responses to select from on a wheel at the bottom of the screen. Your response is then effectively spoken like a mini cut-scene as well. It's a nice touch to start with, but later on in the game it just felt like a time sink. Thankfully you can hit the space bar to skip through the speech (the text of the speech also appears in your chat windows). Cut scenes are also regulars throughout the game which again is a nice touch/very pretty/bit of a time sink.

Dying in the game gives you two options, either rez at a "nearby" medical station, or to call a droid which will rez you where you died. If you rez where you died you get 10 seconds or so of invisibility so you can move away from the mobs and recover properly however. This was a bit glitchy however, sometimes the mobs would attack you / your companion anyway and you'd die again in short order. Death would result in a durability loss to your equipment (similar to EQ2 mechanic), which you could get repaired for a cost at any vendor. Medic vendors are littered throughout almost all the play areas though. Unfortunately BioWare seems to have taken advantage of this nice rez mechanism so that any time the game gets out of sync it just kills you instantaneously. If you get stuck in the world, type in /stuck, and again the game will just insta-kill you (which usually gets you unstuck but at one point it just kept rezzing me into the stuck location).

Inventory space is fixed, and there are no bags that I could see, but you could buy additional space with credits. What was nice was that there was a separate space of inventory dedicated entirely to mission related items so they didn't take up your normal inventory (you have no control over what goes in/out of the mission inventory). There is no bank per se but you do have "cargo space" you can use. The cargo space is nominally part of your star fighter/ship, but I was able to access my cargo space via an NPC in a city before I even had a star fighter. There was no marketplace/bazaar kind of mechanism that I could spot in the game, but a lot of equipment did have the attuning/binding concept in most MMOs so I'd be surprised if there wasn't such a mechanism in game I either didn't find or hasn't been implemented yet.

Never got to see any raiding, but I noted that there was a set of reuse timers for 8-player and 16-player events, so I'm guessing that's the raiding equivalent. Perhaps someone who's in the general beta can comment on this.

In general, this is not really your typical MMO, and my comment at the start that this is basically a BioWare RPG with a bit of a multiplayer element added in is the biggest impression I got. Replay value seems somewhat minimal, as once you've progressed your character to max level and completed the quests there won't be much more to do other than start a second character in another class/alignment and go through that story line. The game was/is a bit of fun, but was feeling very repetitive by the time my beta access disappeared and I was basically just questing/killing mobs to see where the story went rather than really having fun and doing anything different. I think it will appeal, at least for a limited time, to a wide audience including Star Wars freaks and BioWare RPG fans but long term I think it's something you'll play for a while, shrug your shoulders and say "played that" or "finished that". It certainly won't have the long term pull that EQ has had.

Falern.
Nice post Falern,
Just a few things, There are banks in game and they are also linked to you cargo hold. They look like ATM's with giant green keys over them.

Your comment on the /stuck command, I used this several times and was only moved slightly from where i was. Was never insta-killed so can't comment on that. Eamdaria was saying the same time as you posted.

I found that you're not stuck on your start planet until level 10, you can just run to the star port and jump a shuttle. I'm not sure if you can take a shuttle from say Coruscant to the station above the smuggler tropper home world to go play with ya friends. Then again when I got to the trooper start planet i dont recall seeing a jedi trainer so if you could go there to play with ya friends would if hinder you if there isnt a trainer.

I found myself able to solo most things upto 23. Eamdaria, Timbur and myself tried a flashpoint mission and these were alot of fun. My jedi has level 2 darkside , so every comment was harsh to npc's added alot imo to missions. We also noticed that some of the tradeskills like slicing / salvaging could be used in flashpoints to make stuff happen, likve using salvage to repair a mining drill and open another path through the maps.

Not sure if you noticed but right clicking your mouse fires whatever ability you had in you hotkey 1 , i changed my hotkey and wondered why I stopped swinging my sabres.

Even through I was able to solo most things I have the believe this was only due to the fact there was alot of people at the same point and alot of mobs were dead thus allowing you to run alot further into an area than you'd normally be able to.

I'd have to say Timbur would more than agree with you on your comment about world quest interaction items. Many times oer the weekend did i hear her bitch and complain that she just spent 5 mins clearing all the mobs and someone just running up and clicking the item while they were busy. Several times i ran around an area looking for the click item and not being able to find them as they'd been clicked and werent flashing anymore.

I wanted to try pvp out but since I was on a pve server had to wait until i was on Nar Shaddar before I could enter the que to get into one of the battle arena's. I say in the que for about 5mins before I got annoyed with the window being in my way while i continued killing shit so I didnt get the chance.

Some things i didnt like was groups were limited to 4 members mean 2 players and their companions or 4 players.
Group members couldnt travel on you ship.
Starting a guild (except those being made in pre launch with wreckers republic guild) costs you 5000 credits and you have to travel to Coruscant to the guild guy to set it up with 3 other players that all get invited at the time of creation.

I didnt see any sith players in either of the 2 weekend trials I've taken part in and am not sure if you can even chat with them let alone group with them.
Falern

Post by Falern »

Fizzun wrote:Nice post Falern,
Just a few things, There are banks in game and they are also linked to you cargo hold. They look like ATM's with giant green keys over them.
Yep I mentioned those as NPCs but now I think about it yes they were ATMs.
Fizzun wrote:Your comment on the /stuck command, I used this several times and was only moved slightly from where i was. Was never insta-killed so can't comment on that. Eamdaria was saying the same time as you posted.
Used it quite a few times, insta-killed me every time.
Fizzun wrote:I found that you're not stuck on your start planet until level 10, you can just run to the star port and jump a shuttle. I'm not sure if you can take a shuttle from say Coruscant to the station above the smuggler tropper home world to go play with ya friends. Then again when I got to the trooper start planet i dont recall seeing a jedi trainer so if you could go there to play with ya friends would if hinder you if there isnt a trainer.
Agree on the trainer issue, but it would have been quite difficult to move immediately due to agro on sight mobs on the path to the Jedi temple or whatever it was for Jedis. It's also not as obvious as with other "MMOs" (quoted b/c SWTOR doesn't quite fit the mold of MMO imho).
Fizzun wrote:Even through I was able to solo most things I have the believe this was only due to the fact there was alot of people at the same point and alot of mobs were dead thus allowing you to run alot further into an area than you'd normally be able to.
Never experienced this, there was always small groups of mobs here and there plus a few wanderers. As long as you kept watch for the wanderers ploughing through an area was always more than doable. Maybe that changes at the higher levels I didn't reach, no idea.
Fizzun wrote:I'd have to say Timbur would more than agree with you on your comment about world quest interaction items. Many times oer the weekend did i hear her bitch and complain that she just spent 5 mins clearing all the mobs and someone just running up and clicking the item while they were busy. Several times i ran around an area looking for the click item and not being able to find them as they'd been clicked and werent flashing anymore.
Yep, this kind of thing was occurring regularly and shitted me no end so I put in feedback along those lines.
Fizzun wrote:I didnt see any sith players in either of the 2 weekend trials I've taken part in and am not sure if you can even chat with them let alone group with them.
I suspect that's b/c the server was PvE rather than PvP, didn't try a PvP server though, wanted to get a good feel for the gameplay so focused on progression rather than trying every single aspect (hence also limited tradeskill exposure, etc.)

Reflecting on my game experience now, my general impression is that most long term EQ MMO players will find this game similar to WoW, takes your attention for a short time then you get bored with it and unsubscribe.

Falern.
Sset

Post by Sset »

Warriar wrote:Be nice if some of the Old School Wreckers were there :P
How old school are we talking.....? :s
Thoraf wrote:I get commmission for using the name, so all good :)
Who gets royalties? :D

Sup anyone who remembers me. Saw Wreckers listed on a TOR Oceanic guild rollcall thread and figured I'd come in for my 3 yearly /wave
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

tell yer story walking pal, the money is already spent !
curtis

Post by curtis »

Gday Sset. I'm still here to wave as you drive by. :)

We figured let em use the name in other games, it's been so long i'm surprised you even remember it. :)

Say gday to the rest of tkg for me.
Sset

Post by Sset »

Course I remember it, had a lot of good times wearing that guildtag!

Not that the name had any special meaning. From memory it was around the 6th or 8th name we submitted, the rest kept being rejected. In those days you had to get your guildname approved by a GM. =/

I'm a bit surprised you guys are still there. They must be pushing you to raids in a wheelchair!
Saburo

Post by Saburo »

Sset wrote:They must be pushing you to raids in a wheelchair!
HAHAHA That about describes Thor and Curt perfectly :)