What Interface...

Moderator: Officers

Saburo

What Interface...

Post by Saburo »

I'm keen to get an idea of people's interfaces etc.

So... Rules.

1. Name of your interface
2. Where did you find it (to ensure the correct people get credit)?
3. Post a picture (if you use a custom Inventory include that)
4. Why do you use it / like it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. World of Warcraft EMU
2. http://www.shakahr.com/
3. Image
4. I've been using the interface I have now for a few years. I know it is a WoW ripoff but I like the appearance and functionality. Plus having key stats right where I can see them is helpful.

The Inventory screen is a million times better than the standard EQ one and it arranges items in a logical spot.
biliy

Post by biliy »

1. VERTui

2. Cant rem originally how i came to use it but now i use the one Curtis posts and maintains on this site WEEEEEEE :) THANKS!

3. Meh, cant figure that out

4. I cant stand the new spell icons, am going blind so i like the names of spell effects on me easiely viewable.
Saburo

Post by Saburo »

biliy wrote:3. Meh, cant figure that out
Slacker. Take a Screenshot ingame (I can't remember the default commpand Shift P maybe?)

Navigate to your EQ/Screenshots folder. Open the shot with Micro$oft Paint and save as a JPG. Upload to your favourite image hosting site (www.photobucket.com is popular). Then copy the link to the photo and put it inside IMG brackets here.

Simple.
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

or you can host them on pics.wreckers.org

if you struggle to make an account there let me know. it's a simple gallery site for use by wreckers.
amadeas

Post by amadeas »

biliy wrote:4. I cant stand the new spell icons, am going blind so i like the names of spell effects on me easily viewable.
I use the old spell gems as I hated the new ones when they changed over 4-5 years ago !!
Saburo

Post by Saburo »

Thoraf wrote:or you can host them on pics.wreckers.org

if you struggle to make an account there let me know. it's a simple gallery site for use by wreckers.
Actually, speaking of that Thoraf. You should put a link to the site in the Guild section on the Home Screen. We've got one for Movies and whatnot...
Nopayne

Post by Nopayne »

Tested out the UI you use last night Sab and I'm sold. I have a custom one back in the day but it kept getting fooked when patch day came around. Let's hope this one is well supported.
Saburo

Post by Saburo »

Nopayne wrote:Tested out the UI you use last night Sab and I'm sold. I have a custom one back in the day but it kept getting fooked when patch day came around. Let's hope this one is well supported.
Yep usually within a few hours of a patch.
Last edited by Saburo on Wed 03 Aug, 2011 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Micahle

Post by Micahle »

Curt's one.. top chat boxes I minimise when not using them (middle on is raid). Don't need all that much room to "see" when raiding[/i]
Saburo

Post by Saburo »

Micahle wrote:Image

Curt's one.. top chat boxes I minimise when not using them (middle on is raid). Don't need all that much room to "see" when raiding[/i]
You should get Curt to mod the stupid SC button out of it. Yuck.
amadeas

Post by amadeas »

Just download the mod from eqinterface I have it already to get rid of the SC button :-)
Ridgy

Post by Ridgy »

Nopayne wrote:Tested out the UI you use last night Sab and I'm sold. I have a custom one back in the day but it kept getting fooked when patch day came around. Let's hope this one is well supported.

That's why I never bother to change from the standard UI.

Plus, it took me ages to get use to the new icons when EQ changed them, now I don't want to go through all that again :-(

The SC button can easily be set to invis, and even put behind a chat window.

My two biggest pet hates atm is the raid window size can hardly be altered, and I would like my buff window to be able to start from the left side. That way I can see easier when my tigers run out and any dots I get hit with.

In 1680x1050

Happy Hunting.
Ridgy
Last edited by Ridgy on Thu 04 Aug, 2011 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Seranaide Melody - 90 Bard
Mozzie Skeeto - 90 Cleric.

It isn't God I have a problem with, it's most of his fan club I can't stand!
Saburo

Post by Saburo »

Ridgy wrote:Plus, it took me ages to get use to the new icons when EQ changed them, now I don't want to go through all that again :-(
The spell icons is easy. You can have a custom UI using the bogstock spell icons. All you do is replace the files Spells##.tga in your new UI folder with those from the Default folder.

But honestly Yuck to default spell icons. Mine are sexified!