Recruit a friend

Moderator: Officers

kritoris

Recruit a friend

Post by kritoris »

If anyone is thinking of making a bot or has a friend umm-ing and ahh-ing about playing or coming back, the xp bonus from this thing is insane.

I activated a new account yesterday and have /petitioned to get my ranger tfered to it, in the interim I made another cleric with the "Head Start" feature.(Yes I already have a cleric and shammy but too many healers is never enough, especially when I'm tanking!)

So basically entering Norrath was a level 51 Cleric with 50aa stored decked out in level appropriate defiant gear and with all spells upto that level memmed.

I logged in Nuvi and did some pin cushion PL (can't beat it) and when he hit level 60 logged on Krit and headed to Vergalid Mines.

On my first pull (About 1/4 of the zone, hit furious, mass xp!) He went from level 60 to 68. After moving from there to toskirakk and then to CB/Perma. just over 1 day later he is just shy of level 89.

To give an idea, in a CB group, My cleric joined at 81, with another 84 cleric. My cleric went from 81-85 in the same time the other cleric got less then half his level.

So go forth and make that other bot you wanted, or recruit your children to play clerics.

$$
Kritoris -105 Warrior
Kruth - 105 Shaman
Kremation - 105 Necromancer
Krogue - 105 Rogue
Micahle

Post by Micahle »

Holy crap...
kritoris

Post by kritoris »

Make that 90. 89-90took 2 hours in hot lower ...
Kritoris -105 Warrior
Kruth - 105 Shaman
Krogue - 105 Rogue
Gnobuff

Post by Gnobuff »

Does the bonus still apply now that he is the same level?

And does the bonus work for AA's also? (at 90 and at previous levels?)

I thought it was only to "catch" up to your 'friends' level and the gain goes away once they are the same level.
Saburo

Post by Saburo »

Mistress wrote:Does the bonus still apply now that he is the same level?

And does the bonus work for AA's also? (at 90 and at previous levels?)

I thought it was only to "catch" up to your 'friends' level and the gain goes away once they are the same level.
Yes it applies still.

It is a permanent XP modifier. You get a substantial boost if grouping with your "friend" however even if they are not on YOU still get a 50% modifier.

Your "friend" or bot as Krit has done, will also receive a 50% modifier to XP.
Jarinu

Post by Jarinu »

so broken.....
"Looks like Maz was right.. - Thoraf"
"Looks like Maz was right.. There can add me to your sig! - Kofn"
"*sigh* 'the maz is right' strikes again! - Zurt"
"Have you noticed that nobody who thinks 'Maz is right' still plays? - Melo"
"Now Melo doesn't play! Cursed! - Fny"
Sonna

Post by Sonna »

*ponders* is my almost 2 year old to young to play a cleric?!?! i might get some game time too!!
"Life is tough, get a helmet"
Micahle

Post by Micahle »

Might be nice if I didn't already have 2 accounts I don't use :roll:
Inarra

Post by Inarra »

Holy crap that is just insane!!
biliy

Post by biliy »

Aye its nuts... Was talking with a good old EQ mate and hopefully he will apply as either SK/BST/Zerker real soon. This thread actually reminded me to talk with him, as well as chatting online with Ishy who knows him too!
Saburo

Post by Saburo »

Just in case people still don't understand all the rewards and such;

Group with your invited friend and receive double the normal experience during that adventureing time. When grouped, your invited friend may earn up to three times the normal experience while adventureing. Recruiter, once your recruited player converts to a paid subscription in Everquest, as a sign of our appreciation for your recruiting efforts, you will receive bonus experience from that point forward.

*Saburo - The bonus experience is 50% permanently forever. You don't have to be grouped and even if they cancel their subscription (or you do if it's a bot account) you still get it forever.*

Receive one (1) month of free EverQuest gameplay time (to be added at the end of your then-current subscription) per new account invitee (up to a limit of twenty five (25) months) who converts to a paying subscriber within thirty (30) days of the conclusion of that friend's trial period.

Exclusive In-Game Mounts
Choose from one of two mounts to use in-game per new account invitee who converts to a paying subscriber within thirty (30) days of the conclusion of that friend's trial period.

*Saburo - You get to choose from 2 different mounts. If you want them both you just need 2 "friend" accounts to subscribe for a month.*

Legends of Norrath™ Booster Packs
Receive two (2) Legends of Norrath Oathbreaker booster packs for the first new account invitee who converts to a paying subscriber within thirty (30) days of the conclusion of that friend's trial period.

Bonus Station Cash™ to Spend
Receive 250 Station Cash for the first new account invitee who converts to a paying subscriber within thirty (30) days of the conclusion of that friend's trial period.

*Saburo - Both of the above bonuses are a once off. They only happen for the first "friend" account that subscribes.*
Ridgy

Post by Ridgy »

What is the adventuring time?

I think this idea is actually going to make me quit EQ. All the years efforts gone!

Happy Hunting.
Ridgy

Seranaide Melody - 90 Bard
Mozzie Skeeto - 90 Cleric.

It isn't God I have a problem with, it's most of his fan club I can't stand!
varutia

Post by varutia »

Ridgy wrote:What is the adventuring time?

I think this idea is actually going to make me quit EQ. All the years efforts gone!

Happy Hunting.
Ridgy
Adventuring time is just your normal playing time, it is just how they call it. A little over the top I think as well but at this stage of the game not such a big deal. When you are grouped, recruiter will get bonus 100 percent xp and recruitee will get bonus 300 percent xp. Mostly benefits the boxers rather than anything else.
Ridgy

Post by Ridgy »

varutia wrote:
Adventuring time is just your normal playing time, it is just how they call it. A little over the top I think as well but at this stage of the game not such a big deal. When you are grouped, recruiter will get bonus 100 percent xp and recruitee will get bonus 300 percent xp. Mostly benefits the boxers rather than anything else.
It's a HUGE deal. Anyone who doesn't recruit a friend will be doing the same work with 100% less exp than the other guy. So clearly that guy will surpass someone that has been playing for years very quickly.

As I see it atm it seems if you create a new account for at least 30 days then cancel it you will continue to get the bonus.

I need to let this all sink in, but it's very possible now that my 3 accounts I have will be canceled before the end of the year.

Happy Hunting.
Ridgey

Saburo

Post by Saburo »

Ridgy wrote:
varutia wrote:
It's a HUGE deal. Anyone who doesn't recruit a friend will be doing the same work with 100% less exp than the other guy. So clearly that guy will surpass someone that has been playing for years very quickly.

As I see it atm it seems if you create a new account for at least 30 days then cancel it you will continue to get the bonus.

I need to let this all sink in, but it's very possible now that my 3 accounts I have will be canceled before the end of the year.

Happy Hunting.
Ridgey
That's exactly right Ridgy. Come the next expansion the people who have either used or abused this friend program will be given a massive advantage in the levelling department.

If I hadn't already invested hundreds of hours into levelling and gearing/auging my boxes I would just kill them off and start again. Unfortunately it's still a long way from 50AA to the 2000-4000AA I have on my boxes.

All that aside though I have been debating another box for a while, this would be a good way to give Sab a booster and also fill that slot.
kritoris

Post by kritoris »

Can confirm there is no aa xp bonus, Kredits are moving along as expected for a level 90 toon.

So is only good for levelling:)
Tho i fail to see how this can allow people to pass long term players, it simply allows them to catch up and group in content that has players in it.

There is a huge diff between a level 90 player and a level 90 player how knows there toon with thousands of aa:)
Kritoris -105 Warrior
Kruth - 105 Shaman
Krogue - 105 Rogue
Ridgy

Post by Ridgy »

Kritoris wrote:Can confirm there is no aa xp bonus, Kredits are moving along as expected for a level 90 toon.

So is only good for levelling:)
Tho i fail to see how this can allow people to pass long term players, it simply allows them to catch up and group in content that has players in it.

There is a huge diff between a level 90 player and a level 90 player how knows there toon with thousands of aa:)
Ah that is different then if it can't work on aa's.

I'm happy now.

Happy Hunting.
Ridgey

Artreth

Post by Artreth »

There is also a clause in the Terms and Conditions of this that the Exp Bonus isn't relevant once the recruitee atains the same level as the recruiter ... so as soon as both toons are 90, the exp bonus is gone.
kritoris

Post by kritoris »

so need to keep a level ahead on krit in next xpac:)
Kritoris -105 Warrior
Kruth - 105 Shaman
Krogue - 105 Rogue
Wilbo

Post by Wilbo »

Ive been thinking about running a 3rd account -
if i 'recruit myself' per se, does that count as recruiting a friend ?
Kofn
Site Admin

Post by Kofn »

Yes