No EQ this weekend

Moderator: Officers

Kimosavi

No EQ this weekend

Post by Kimosavi »

Sony Online Entertainment just posted the following on Facebook:

"We wanted to let you know that our games will not be up this weekend. We are working around the clock to get our services back up and running soon. Thank you for your continued patience and support."
Marax

Post by Marax »

im going back to wow. cant believe im sayin this lol. Facepalm Fist! I will keep checking in when its back up tho :)
Ridgy

Post by Ridgy »

I've been looking at EVE online.

14 day free trial so should get me through.

Hate trying to work out new games though.

Happy Hunting.
Ridgey

Seranaide Melody - 90 Bard
Mozzie Skeeto - 90 Cleric.

It isn't God I have a problem with, it's most of his fan club I can't stand!
Jarinu

Post by Jarinu »

I am sure I could play wow - just cant bring myself to download the 8gig of crap for the latest expansion. Regardless of the download just enough to play feature. Indi games it is
"Looks like Maz was right.. - Thoraf"
"Looks like Maz was right.. There can add me to your sig! - Kofn"
"*sigh* 'the maz is right' strikes again! - Zurt"
"Have you noticed that nobody who thinks 'Maz is right' still plays? - Melo"
"Now Melo doesn't play! Cursed! - Fny"
Aedryen

Post by Aedryen »

Uni work + small amounts of rift is what I have been doing :)
Aedryen -The Everdying Druid
Civin - The Purple Bard
Nevyen - No-one...

Retired: Fladora, Healior
Orlandith

Post by Orlandith »

Aedryen wrote:Uni work + small amounts of rift is what I have been doing :)
Ditto. To ease my EQ withdrawals, I ended up leveling a warrior class up to level 9 (paragorn/riftblade like an EQ monk) today.

For anyone that is thinking to try rift...I must warn you that the combat system works like a button smasher console game without so much strategy so all kids can play it; I felt like it's a PSN arcade rather than mud based mmorpg! Nevertheless, the graphic is quite nice with all those nice spell effects and the game practically has no bug. A good time filler when EQ is down, but don't think it can ever replace EQ if you like the depth of EQ.
Kimosavi

Post by Kimosavi »

Finished Crysis 2 then been hooked on Dead Space 2 on 360. Then I think im gonna give Mass Effect 2 a run hopefully sony pulled their fingers out by then and we can play EQ.
Nyim

Post by Nyim »

Orlandith wrote:For anyone that is thinking to try rift...I must warn you that the combat system works like a button smasher console game without so much strategy so all kids can play it; I felt like it's a PSN arcade rather than mud based mmorpg!
I believe the term is /faceroll; a term that became popular in WOW where the above is also true. And yep, that pretty much describes it exactly. Facerolling won't get you the best dps, but it will get you by in most cases. I also think it will go the way of WOW with an over-abundance of teenagers. I have found the non-high pop servers are generally better in that regard though, I found that out when I couldn't log into Wolvesbane all today without a ~30 min wait...

The graphics are very impressive considering the large outdoor areas and seemless - barely noticable unless you're looking hard - zone transitions. The class/talent system is novel but not extraordinary. Pretty much everything else is cut and paste from WOW.
Nyim 75 Bard | Gerault 72 Cleric | Myist 75 Enchanter | Beldor 75 Wizard | Cylevan 72 Ranger
Rydell 73 Rogue | Ayriss 72 Magician | Harmal 75 Shaman | Teov 75 Druid | Imhar 71 Beastlord
Borisk 70 Warrior | Tyirell 69 SK | Kysiera 70 Cleric | Silvah 66 Monk | Nmeena 70 Necro
Saburo

Post by Saburo »

I decided to crack open my game collection and revisit some friends.

Over the weekend I started and finished;

Myst (all 6 games)
Tomb Raider Legend and Anniversary. I couldn't locate the previous 6 and probably couldn't have stomached the graphics anyway.

I've now moved on to Elder Scrolls: Morrowind, Oblivion and watching the trailer for Skyrim in an endless loop.
Nescafe

Post by Nescafe »

I've finally been writing up some essays, kinda of convienient for me this whole debacle.

One was due Friday, other was due Today. Since there is no short way for me to just slap together 1500 words on sociobullshitology and have it make sense, that was left right up until submitting it at midnite Friday :P

I think current one on primary health care philosophy is much easier, but 500 words in... i'd probably be 'taking a break' in EQ right now, so it's good it's not up...

Oh hey look where I am, im still finding ways to procrastinate. Woo.

Post by Orlandith »

Nyim wrote:I believe the term is /faceroll; a term that became popular in WOW where the above is also true. And yep, that pretty much describes it exactly. Facerolling won't get you the best dps, but it will get you by in most cases.
Aye. Another weird thing is there is a built in macro - but I find it pointless since you still have to "/faceroll" the macro button during combat. The pace of the game is also very fast and requires ventrillo or mic because there is just no time to type to group members!
Nyim wrote: The graphics are very impressive considering the large outdoor areas and seemless - barely noticable unless you're looking hard - zone transitions. The class/talent system is novel but not extraordinary. Pretty much everything else is cut and paste from WOW.
Very good observation. I read that it has the upgraded dx9 version of gamebryo engine with "deferred renderer", so that is probably the zone transitions that you mentioned about. The graphic is so amazing.

On the other hand, the graphic is all that is good to it anyway at the current patch. The game mechanic is too fast and too simple, I find it too shallow for EQ hardcores.

The soul system is also an illusion for options since there is only a few best builds for each class. Unless the toon doesn't mind roleplaying and being super gimped, every class is known to have their own best 3 soul combos. But, I guess mechanic is fixable anyway since they are only released for 1 month.
Creac

Post by Creac »

Steam is your gaming friend. Not that I EQ anymore of course, but I picked up NWN2 the other day for $20 odd for the platinum pack and it's great fun playing through.

Heaps of cheap stuff on Steam to keep you amused.

"But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
All losses are restored and sorrows end."
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

not sure if this is of interest to anyone

I've barely sat at my computer since getting home. Will probably fire up Crysis 2 though at some stage.
curtis

Post by curtis »

I went another direction..

Nescafe

Post by Nescafe »

Thats preposterous... How do you drive that with only them 2 wheels?

lol, jk :P

Post by Aedryen »

You went rowing on a boat with wheels?, they must add some bad lag in the water !
Aedryen -The Everdying Druid
Civin - The Purple Bard
Nevyen - No-one...

Retired: Fladora, Healior
Darksiege

Call of Duty Black Ops

Post by Darksiege »

I've been playing abit of Call of Duty Black Ops Multiplayer but thats it :( Wish i never lost my Neverwinter Nights CD :(
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

hehe it's still raining then curt?
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

maybe you should return that one and buy the tandem :)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HOBIE-MIRAGE-TAN ... 2563ac4f87
Kimosavi

Post by Kimosavi »

Too bad they didnt get the jehovah's witnesses do Sony's security we'd have had the servers back up in 30mins.

Im running out of xbox games to play wish they'd pull their finger out.
curtis

Post by curtis »

OMG...first trip out today. I am shattered.

Halfway back to the beach i thought for a few minutes I wasn't going to make it. I was buggered and the wind and tide was against me. I made it eventually though.

Was a lot of fun.....but as a kayaker I am a damn good Eqer.
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

the one on ebay has a sail :)
curtis

Post by curtis »

the sail kit for my revolution is all of a sudden looking attractive. :)
Giustin

Post by Giustin »

you know you want it!
curtis

Post by curtis »

tonight, I am tempted...