work

Moderator: Officers

Nuviana

work

Post by Nuviana »

Am at work and soooo want to be at home /sigh.
Nuv

Because i am
Saburo

Post by Saburo »

I'm at home and soooo wish I was in EQ :(
Nescafe

Post by Nescafe »

Is it wrong to want to be at work?

Because im broke... lol.

Post by Marax »

its kinda good thing im thinking more about how to improve my work output rather than waiting to race back home to hop on EQ lol.
benedic

Post by benedic »

getting too efficient at work doing only 8hrs a day for management at woolworths & got no EQ to chill out with HO NO, I'm getting a life now
Sintalia

Post by Sintalia »

I was happy to get out of work as it was a long day and soon as i pulled in the driveway i was ambushed by Telstra sales person trying to sell me his products before i even got in the door.

I was bored enough to chat with him a while and poor guy thought he might have had a sale despite fact at start of conversation i said i dont pay for Internet or phone my work does and the giant "Internode" logo on my jacket he still kept trying to sell it.

10 points for effort :D
Jarinu

Post by Jarinu »

/wtb internode bundling that goes with the EASY broadband CLASSIC

I dont want 10gig more I want 10$ less cost :P
"Looks like Maz was right.. - Thoraf"
"Looks like Maz was right.. There can add me to your sig! - Kofn"
"*sigh* 'the maz is right' strikes again! - Zurt"
"Have you noticed that nobody who thinks 'Maz is right' still plays? - Melo"
"Now Melo doesn't play! Cursed! - Fny"
Sintalia

Post by Sintalia »

Jarinu wrote:/wtb internode bundling that goes with the EASY broadband CLASSIC

I dont want 10gig more I want 10$ less cost :P
Sadly i can say that will never happen as Internode runs at a loss on EASY broadband CLASSIC plans as these were based off promised prices from Telstra wholesale that never happened so thats why they got discontinued :(

But you should have got a free speed boost from 1500/256 to 8000/384 speeds
Nuviana

broadband

Post by Nuviana »

I am trying to get wifi 'go anywhere' and atm i think telstra seems to have the best coverage..,alas they are also the dearest
Nuv

Because i am
Sintalia

Post by Sintalia »

Yeah when it comes to mobile broadband I would stick with Telstra nextg as its best coverage. Internode runs over Optus mobile network so depends on Optus signal
Saburo

Post by Saburo »

Sintalia wrote:Yeah when it comes to mobile broadband I would stick with Telstra nextg as its best coverage. Internode runs over Optus mobile network so depends on Optus signal
Blegh NextG is poo. I have one of the USB dongles for my work laptop and honestly I would rather poke my eyes out with a blunt razor blade.

Standing right underneath a telstra tower it manages a whopping 0.4kb/s connection! I never thought I'd see the day where I was longing for dial up speeds again.
Jarinu

Post by Jarinu »

Yah I gots the free speed boost :/
Sintalia

Post by Sintalia »

Saburo wrote:Blegh NextG is poo. I have one of the USB dongles for my work laptop and honestly I would rather poke my eyes out with a blunt razor blade
3G/NextG in general is poo but some people have no other options as dial up may not even be available to them so when your stuck in that situation sometimes they can help.

Sitting under towers is generally not a good idea either about 200m away is a good distance otherwise the signal may bounce right over you :!:
Jarinu

Post by Jarinu »

Why is it so hard to find out the actual speeds of Internode services now - are they all uncapped now unless you hit your bandwidth limit?

And if you were to lets say go onto Easy Broadband XS, bundled with nodeline and bought a powerpack does this mean when you cap out you still have 512kbps when you cap or am I misreading that?
A Power Pack can be added to any Internode Easy plan, for an additional $10 per month. This provides a static IP address, and free
uploads - your monthly quota is counted in the download direction only. You’ll also receive a power.on.net subdomain; as well as faster
excess shaping – 512 kbps/unshaped on the Easy Broadband, Easy Bundle & Easy Naked plans; and 256 kbps/unshaped on the Easy
Reach plans.
Yeh I know I should just wrong them.

Seems for 69.90 I could get 30gig dowloads with a bundled phone line, static IP address, and 512kbps shaped on it? Duno if thats better than the 50gig up and down I am on at the moment - seems cheaper tho. Now to try and find the actual speeds
Jarinu

Post by Jarinu »

Hah still no Internode AGILE in Mandurah Fkers

ADSL Broadband Coverage Check

Your local telephone exchange for xx xxxx xxxx is Mandurah, WA (MDRA).

The following Internode ADSL broadband products may be available in your local area (#) :

Power and Business option packs are available on all Easy plans.
Easy Reach ADSL/ADSL2+

ADSL2+ or high-speed ADSL, available almost anywhere in Australia.
From $39.95 per month, 5GB per month (uploads & downloads) - when bundled with NodeLine *

The following products may also be available in your area:
Fetchtv IPTV

Fetchtv is an Internet TV service provided direct to your TV over your Internode broadband.
From $14.95 per month, $0 setup, with set-top-box rental included - on a 24 month contract. *
Saburo

Post by Saburo »

Jarinu wrote:Hah still no Internode AGILE in Mandurah Fkers

ADSL Broadband Coverage Check

Your local telephone exchange for xx xxxx xxxx is Mandurah, WA (MDRA).

The following Internode ADSL broadband products may be available in your local area (#) :

Power and Business option packs are available on all Easy plans.
Easy Reach ADSL/ADSL2+

ADSL2+ or high-speed ADSL, available almost anywhere in Australia.
From $39.95 per month, 5GB per month (uploads & downloads) - when bundled with NodeLine *

The following products may also be available in your area:
Fetchtv IPTV

Fetchtv is an Internet TV service provided direct to your TV over your Internode broadband.
From $14.95 per month, $0 setup, with set-top-box rental included - on a 24 month contract. *
Yeah I had something similar. I've been with Internode for years and years. However when I moved house recently I sniffed around with Telstra who guaranteed me my new line was ADSL2 capable. So armed with that I changed my old decaying Internode plan to one of the new ones (60G for about the same price). I was looking forward to my new ADSL2 speeds but what do you know I'm still crawling along on a Reach service.

Was very sad :(
Sintalia

Post by Sintalia »

Yeah all plans with Internode are Uncapped.

When your connected to either AGILE or Optus Equipment its always ADSL2+ speeds

With Telstra Easy-Reach plans the plan is submitted as ADSL2+ first if Telstra reject that (Due to RIM, To far from exchange, hardware not supporting it) then we submit a speed request for full ADSL1 speed (8000/386), if this is also rejected you will get 1500/256

Basically any plan on Internode is run at the fastest speed you line will allow.

And you read it correctly Jar, Max speed and shaping of 512 kpbs if you go over limit on a power pack plan. also uploads will not count against quota and they still do not have any on/off peak times meaning any time you wanna use it you can
Sintalia

Post by Sintalia »

And hear i am fighting to not be in the sales team :D
Jarinu

Post by Jarinu »

Are any of their plans speed capped now - the information is painfully absent on any of their plan sites. My Easy Broadband classic just got uncapped to full speed which was nice for a free upgrade (goes through Telstra wholesale as previously mentioned)

There is still bugger all benefit of me changing to the 60gb reach plan over the classic one I am on other than 10gb more transfer. Whats the speed cap on 60GB plan anyone know?

Actually I tell a lie my silent number will be 2$ cheaper - wohoo. Sonna and I like the peace of mind having a hard line available even though we use VOIP for all our calls saving major coin. So we could do away with the 30$ phone insurance all together if not for wanting to hang onto it.
Saburo

Post by Saburo »

Jarinu wrote:Are any of their plans speed capped now - the information is painfully absent on any of their plan sites. My Easy Broadband classic just got uncapped to full speed which was nice for a free upgrade (goes through Telstra wholesale as previously mentioned)

There is still bugger all benefit of me changing to the 60gb reach plan over the classic one I am on other than 10gb more transfer. Whats the speed cap on 60GB plan anyone know?

Actually I tell a lie my silent number will be 2$ cheaper - wohoo. Sonna and I like the peace of mind having a hard line available even though we use VOIP for all our calls saving major coin. So we could do away with the 30$ phone insurance all together if not for wanting to hang onto it.
Don't quote me but 256 I think Jar. I haven't run over my 60Gb plan yet and believe me I'm bloody trying. I keep forgetting to let the last torrents go the day before it rolls over.
Nescafe

Post by Nescafe »

Jarinu wrote:There is still bugger all benefit of me changing to the 60gb reach plan over the classic one I am on other than 10gb more transfer. Whats the speed cap on 60GB plan anyone know?
Sintalia wrote:With Telstra Easy-Reach plans the plan is submitted as ADSL2+ first if Telstra reject that (Due to RIM, To far from exchange, hardware not supporting it) then we submit a speed request for full ADSL1 speed (8000/386), if this is also rejected you will get 1500/256

The way i read that, and all the plans is that the speed of the service/plan you choose is based independantly on where you are and what speeds you are actually able to get from the exchange/down your line.

So if your on a old plan and it was bumped up in speed so your uncapped, that means you'll get that speed on what ever plan you choose.

Post by Sintalia »

Nescafe wrote:The way i read that, and all the plans is that the speed of the service/plan you choose is based independantly on where you are and what speeds you are actually able to get from the exchange/down your line.

So if your on a old plan and it was bumped up in speed so your uncapped, that means you'll get that speed on what ever plan you choose.
Close sorry I'm just finished at work now so I can explain a little better. All the new (current) plans will run as fast as your line can handle no matter where you live. most people this will be ADSL2+ speed others may be restricted to ADSL1 due to infrastructure or line conditions.

All the old retired plans such as jar's have been given a free speed increase to 8000/384 which is full ADSL1 speed potential people on these plans need to change to new plans for chance at ADSL2 speeds.

Ill explain more about the speed shaping when I get home typing this from my phone on train so little hard to get all the right references.

- Edit -

With the shaping of the Easy-Reach plans if you go over your allocated quota your speeds will be slowed to 128/128 kbps, if you have a power pack add-on ($10/month more than base plan) if you go over you will be shaped to 512 kbps down with no upload shaping instead. also you will be less likely to go over due to uploads not counting on power pack plan, good for torrents.

Business Pack ($30/month extra) does not shape connection if you go over limit but charges you 0.5 cents per Mbyte up to max of $299/month. both power pack and business packs have a static IP if people need/use them.

Over all unless you know you can get ADSL2+ Speeds the Easy-Broadband Classic plan is not that much different as you mentioned. its the same price as the Easy-Reach-60 if you bundle and you get a extra 10gb and possible ADSL2+ Speeds so you can get better value out of the new plan if you bundled your phone line with Internode as well.

Unfortunatly we cant tell if ADSL2+ is avaliable for sure or not on any service until a order is put in, the only information we have avaliable is whats listed in Telstra wholesale database which can be out of date but generally quite good which is why you will never get a stright answer if you ask the question "Can i get ADSL2+ Speeds?" all we can answer is its avaliable in your area but you will need to submit a order to see if your particular line can handle it. But at the very least you know you wont get slower speeds than you currently have.

If you know how to check your modem sync rates do this and if your getting less than 8000/384 even if your line supports ADSL2+ speeds you wont see a increase as your line is restricting you to lower speeds already. good number to look at is the Attenuation stats this will give you a good idea on what speeds you could expect and a rough idea of your line length which can be compared to a chart such as this one

http://www.internode.on.net/residential ... rformance/
Nescafe

Post by Nescafe »

But essentially all current plans will see you get the fastest speeds possible correct? Seems simple enough.

Post by Sintalia »

Nescafe wrote:But essentially all current plans will see you get the fastest speeds possible correct? Seems simple enough.
Exactly
Mynks

Post by Mynks »

At the moment i am still on the home-standard-50 plan because adsl2+ only became available on my exchange in last couple of months. I am thinking about getting the easy reach plan, as i am still only recieving 1500 speeds, should i have started recieving 8000 speed with these speed upgrades and if so and i'm not does it mean even if i change plans its more then likly i will still only get adsl1 speeds?
Mynks BeenieBabyofDeath
Some nomes never die, they just become deaths playthings.