iTunes hacked

Moderator: Officers

Nekrha

iTunes hacked

Post by Nekrha »

A word of warning, there has been a recent spate of hacked Itunes accounts (50,000 or so) being sold on Chinese websites. This seems to be a continuation since last year and maybe worse.

If you have an iTunes account I suggest immediately checking the purchase history and anything you haven't authorised, email Apple support for a refund.

As a precaution, change your password (make it long and complex) in any event.

Mine was recently hacked and $38.50 from my gift card taken on unauthorised purchases. Apple has refunded the amount and disabled the account until I decide to re-enable it (not until they sort this shit out methinks).
Marax

Post by Marax »

I believe it. My ipod only plays about 25 of 1300+ songs and the titles and artist names are switched up. Would reformatting the ipod and delete/renew itunes? Thanks for the confirmation.
Nekrha

Post by Nekrha »

Marax wrote:I believe it. My ipod only plays about 25 of 1300+ songs and the titles and artist names are switched up. Would reformatting the ipod and delete/renew itunes? Thanks for the confirmation.
Try a cold restart first. If that doesn't work reset to factory default while it's connected to iTunes. Last option, unsynch all songs so the iPod deletes them then resynch so it reloads all the songs.