In the time before computers (BC)

Moderator: Officers

Nekrha

In the time before computers (BC)

Post by Nekrha »

I did this for a job.

Now, it's just a game. Pretty damn accurate sim tho.
Saburo

Post by Saburo »

Pushing Tin. One of my all time favourite movies. Seems like a damn stressful job.

I heard that next to dentists ATC's have the highest rates of suicide.
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

funny really. chunk is studying/working to become an ATC
Nekrha

Post by Nekrha »

It only became really, really stressful when the radar went down, without warning. Then it was revert to procedural and pray like hell you got your shit together.

Fun times!

At least no one ever died on my shift :orcsmile:
Vexo

Post by Vexo »

Why would dentists want to kill themselves?
Saburo

Post by Saburo »

Not sure Vexo. Maybe due to being the most hated of all practitioners? Nobody loves to go to the dentist. Nobody likes the drill. Nobody likes having 4 tonnes of cotton wool shoved into their mouth. Nobody likes having a tooth ripped out with little to no anasthesia. Just some ideas.
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

and here I was thinking Aurthor Denton in little shop of horrors was modelled on 'real people'
Nekrha

Post by Nekrha »

Saburo wrote:Not sure Vexo. Maybe due to being the most hated of all practitioners? Nobody loves to go to the dentist. Nobody likes the drill. Nobody likes having 4 tonnes of cotton wool shoved into their mouth. Nobody likes having a tooth ripped out with little to no anasthesia. Just some ideas.
By the same logic lawyers should be high on the suicide list, but then their only friends are sharks and together they only thing they care about is to drain you of every drop of blood whilst enjoying the whole sordid process :evil:

At least a shark has the consideration to at least kill you in it's attempt :orcgrin:

Dentists are ok. I've heard horror stories of people living with impacted wisdom teeth and at least there was a medical professional there to fix em up and let them live normal, pain free lives again. I'd be in big trouble by now if it wasn't for having my overcrowded mouth attended to in my youth.