Remember when :)

Moderator: Officers

tavrah

Remember when :)

Post by tavrah »

This game has progressed waaay beyond what I ever thought it would.
I remember having to med looking into the damn book ! Think I had the most organized spell book ever ! Although, I can't stand it to be messy anyway .. :)

Sitting and medding and some mob comes attacks you while your defenseless geez :)

Your very first raid? How exciting it was, how scarey it was ... and to this day I feel horrible every time someone dies, and I KNOW it's all part and parcel but nevertheless :)

Oh well us diehards will still be kicking around probably in another 5 years. IF this game lasts that long :) it's been around quite awhile :) Have made some awesome friends and that alone makes it worth it :)
Jarinu

Post by Jarinu »

I remember my first Hate raid. We were there for hours and I won a Warrior BP - I was over the moon.
"Looks like Maz was right.. - Thoraf"
"Looks like Maz was right.. There can add me to your sig! - Kofn"
"*sigh* 'the maz is right' strikes again! - Zurt"
"Have you noticed that nobody who thinks 'Maz is right' still plays? - Melo"
"Now Melo doesn't play! Cursed! - Fny"
Giustin

Post by Giustin »

I remember my first ever Wreckers raid.

ToV zone in trash ... farming Kael armour pieces.

Everyone though I was uber because I had what looked like a Fungi Tunic ... a silver chain BP (the days before armour dyes). Only later did I tell them it was a Crush Tunic worn to get my resists up!

Having to cycle shammies and druids through groups for group buffs (before targeted group buffs) ... the ranger group ganking all the XP (the days before raid groupings) ... raid chatter in /ooc.

I was awarded a chain helm pattern ... still have the result in the my bank!

August 2001 ... long long time ago ... don't think anyone in guild these days was around then ... maybe Curt & Thor.
Last edited by Giustin on Mon 11 Oct, 2010 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
varutia

Post by varutia »

Med while looking at spellbook for first 35 level was pretty bad I have to say, I use to organize my spell book properly as well, but now it is become rather messy switched over to using the quick list.

The old hell levels are nasty as well, the first one you hit especially, it is like wtf is happening why am I leveling 5 times as slowly as before.

I do however rather like the old zone designs for a lot of things like not require invis for traveling, more memorable landscape. The zones tends to be more cleanly laid out and more navigatable.
Saburo

Post by Saburo »

varutia wrote:Med while looking at spellbook for first 35 level was pretty bad I have to say, I use to organize my spell book properly as well, but now it is become rather messy switched over to using the quick list.

The old hell levels are nasty as well, the first one you hit especially, it is like wtf is happening why am I leveling 5 times as slowly as before.

I do however rather like the old zone designs for a lot of things like not require invis for traveling, more memorable landscape. The zones tends to be more cleanly laid out and more navigatable.
I agree with the zones. The old zones used to be laid out so there were definable camp areas. Now you have names spawning all around each other and no definable way to limit your area. Not to mention that mobs are now so tightly packed you require extremely skilled pullers and a large amount of luck.

My first raids were some of my fondest. Plane of Sky, Hate and Fear break ins. Ahh the memories.
roobboo

Post by roobboo »

I remember my most hated and liked eq moments.

Most Hated
6 hour cr in pof. (pre wreckers) Our brave monks died again and again trying to find a safe spot. drag bodies there and then train away so a cleric could make it.

Most Cherished
Wreckers 1st win against the HoH dragon. He was down to 1% when raid almost wiped. Temvardar was ws tanking and I was ws on ramp and we took the last percent. We were theo only 2 toons in the raid not to die.
Jarinu

Post by Jarinu »

I remember some crappy POfear corpse recoveries. - omg
Golgolath

Post by Golgolath »

Wandering around east commonlands feeling like a god because some druid had buffed my level 5 warrior with Skin Like Wood
There are no atheists in a hen house.

kroe

Post by kroe »

Golgolath wrote:Wandering around east commonlands feeling like a god because some druid had buffed my level 5 warrior with Skin Like Wood
This just confirms that Golgo always remembers, no matter how long ago, when he got Wood.
Mynks

Post by Mynks »

lol
Mynks BeenieBabyofDeath
Some nomes never die, they just become deaths playthings.
Feann

Post by Feann »

I remember when boats worked.
Chunk

Post by Chunk »

I remember when Feann died to scryers :)
tavrah

Post by tavrah »

Fear ! OMG I think there's still corpses there lol /jk .. I remember wiping there over and over again. Finally AfterLife come did our CR for us. We did learn it though :) and conquored it.
Golgolath

Post by Golgolath »

I remember every time I get wood, and cherish each of them

rotstar

Post by rotstar »

deleted to stop some old cunt havin a whinge....
Last edited by rotstar on Wed 13 Oct, 2010 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Creac

Post by Creac »

So what you're saying is that you were a lying, cheating, thieving cunt?

I bet you think you're so cool.

"But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
All losses are restored and sorrows end."
rotstar

Post by rotstar »

U need a tissue old mate??

Im pretty sure the post says remember when!!

Not "lets try and be RAMBO on the forums for something that happened 9 years ago." Have a laugh.... Im guessing you might have been one of those people I got???????????

I bet u THINK and FEEL so tough rite now.
Creac

Post by Creac »

Yeah, but most people wouldn't brag about being thieving cocks.

It would be one thing to learn that nine years ago you were a kid and did something silly but have since grown up, but to find you both boasting and defending the behaviour is astonishing.

I suppose your l33t sp34k makes it all OK, though, right?

Grow the fuck up, little boy.

"But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
All losses are restored and sorrows end."
Golgolath

Post by Golgolath »

Creac is 100% correct
Rotstar is 100% doucheface
Kroe is 100% sexy

kritoris

Post by kritoris »

Golgolath wrote:Creac is 100% correct
Rotstar is 100% doucheface
Kroe is 100% sexy
Golgolath is 100% Ginger!
Kritoris -105 Warrior
Kruth - 105 Shaman
Kremation - 105 Necromancer
Krogue - 105 Rogue
kritoris

Post by kritoris »

I remember soloing Skyfire on my little cleric (orginal main) for pearl shards for his (now her) Water Sprinkler!

Casting some shitty pet, a quick hp buff on and healing it til it won!
And then convincing nuvi to help me and she introduced me to kiting, which was basically her snaring and nuking and me throwing 1 or 2 nukes per fight 8) made me feel ubah!

Then the feeling of recieving it and making a butload of pp running around here there and everywhere rezzing fools.
Kritoris -105 Warrior
Kruth - 105 Shaman
Kremation - 105 Necromancer
Krogue - 105 Rogue
Tenam

Post by Tenam »

I remember, as my Enchanter, killing one guy in a prison area of Highpass Keep. He was the one dude in all of EQ that enchanters could solo, and he was decent exp. He only had like a 20 minute respawn time. Freaking uber place for exp while you waited on the list for the goblin groups! ;)
Aedryen

Post by Aedryen »

I remember my best mate say .....o epic mob up in fear we have four groups can we just check it.....4 hour CR later and a number of deaths....saved by Clan Mirage logging in on the north wall ....or when a stray mob in hate = wipe

O and finding out that one dragon in WW was on a different faction to the others.....and they assisted pets....lets just say I soloed WW dragons for fun when bored :P
Aedryen -The Everdying Druid
Civin - The Purple Bard
Nevyen - No-one...

Retired: Fladora, Healior
Jarinu

Post by Jarinu »

I remember ragefire watch.......
Naervhun

Post by Naervhun »

I remember camping the fishbone earring for 6 days killing that fucker every 6 hours and finally getting the damn thing on the 6th day.

I also remember grinding xp on used to be main druid in dreadlands at the runes behind KC, and that fucking monk that would own people out back there too when someone would miss aggro the fucker.

I also remember the first raid I was ever on Naggy when there was nothing but /ooc and buffing people on the druid and having them log out to keep buffs till the raid was fully junked. Then log in to go after Naggy !
" If we would have known about this before we would have told you to shove that red pill right up your ass "