Moderator: Officers

Thoraf
Site Admin

The Amazing Meeting - a skeptics get together

Post by Thoraf »

Kofn
Site Admin

Post by Kofn »

Umm it's not immediately obvious what it's about or where it is.

Is it just a bunch of people getting together to say "I don't believe you"?
Chunk

Post by Chunk »

The Foundation’s goals include:

* Creating a new generation of critical thinkers through lively classroom demonstrations and by reaching out to the next generation in the form of scholarships and awards.
* Demonstrating to the public and the media, through educational seminars, the consequences of accepting paranormal and supernatural claims without questioning.
* Supporting and conducting research into paranormal claims through well-designed experiments utilizing “the scientific method” and by publishing the findings in the JREF official newsletter, Swift, and other periodicals.
* Also providing reliable information on paranormal and pseudoscientific claims by maintaining a comprehensive library of books, videos, journals, and archival resources open to the public.
* Assisting those who are being attacked as a result of their investigations and criticism of people who make paranormal claims, by maintaining a legal defense fund available to assist these individuals.
* The JREF offers a prize of one million U.S. dollars to anyone who can demonstrate a supernatural or paranormal ability under agreed-upon scientific testing criteria.
Seems to be an aetheist convention cleverly disguised.
Vexo

Post by Vexo »

Kofn wrote:Is it just a bunch of people getting together to say "I don't believe you"?
It's a bastard breed between the interweb and reallife?
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

I'm not even sure it's on...